Smoking at DLP?

cathyz

Mouseketeer
I hope not to offend anyone, but...I have a real problem with smoking. That's one reason we love WDW so much.

Anyhow, I understand that Europe is a lot different than US as far as smoking is concerned. But, how different is it at DLP? Do people actually smoke in line and on the rides? Are there "non-smoking" sections in the restaurants? Is it much different than other "non-Disney" parks here in the US?

Thanks for your input!!

If i remember correctly no one is meant to smoke in the lines or on the rides, you may get the odd one smoking in the lines unfortunately & I think that the restaurants have smoking & non smoking sections.

Yes, that was one of the things we noticed about France, including DLP. Cigarette smoke was very common in many areas. I didn't see anyone smoking on line or on a ride, but there was much more smoking throughout the park than there is in the states.

its a favourite past time with most tbh

when i was there last october everyone smoked, even in line, but im not bothered but i know my gf was a little put off, more so because it kind of ruined the illusion of disney, i could see where she was coming from, even if she smoked too(but not in the parks mind)

When you smoke in line, and a CM notice this, he will surely make a comment about this.

I'm a non smoker myself but over here we are a bit more relaxed about these things. Some smokers protest that they are discriminated against and we must be careful not to offend the little dears. We are a bit more relaxed about it - am I right in thinking that alcohol is not served in the American parks? You can get alcoholic drinks in DLP

Originally posted by NIK
We are a bit more relaxed about it - am I right in thinking that alcohol is not served in the American parks? You can get alcoholic drinks in DLP

You can't get it at the Magic Kingdom but all other parks serve alcohol.

I went to DLP in 2000 and noticed how many people smoke...everywhere...in lines, at shows, wherever.

Originally posted by TaraBelle1069
You can't get it at the Magic Kingdom but all other parks serve alcohol.

I went to DLP in 2000 and noticed how many people smoke...everywhere...in lines, at shows, wherever.

I can't speak for other nationalities of course, but a lot of Brits visit DLP and a lot of Brits smoke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter