Smoking & stroller wagons banned May 1!

Wow! That’s some great news!

I love a smoke free park. I really like that path behind GRR but last time Inwent there were so many smokers (I had forgotten about the smoking zone) that I had to hold my breath...
The question is just how dir hey enforce it and how easy it will be to just smoke somewhere in the park regardless... I really hope Disney finds a way to stop that. (Might be pretty hazardous for people with asthma...)

And I also happy about the stroller Waggon ban. Especially with SWGE opening that ban will help a lot in my opinion...

But those bans will probably upset a lot of people... (now in preparation of the trip and at the gates/security line) I really hope they figure something out to measure those strollers outside of the regular queue...

I'm excited about the smoking, it was always shocking to me that they allowed it in the square between the two parks considering how many children were around. I do think removing any safe place for smokers is a bit excessive and may back fire.

I'm upset about the wagon ban. My in-laws bought my wife and I a Keenz for Christmas specifically for Disneyland. We've used it once at the parks and loved it. We have #2 on the way and unfortunately there is a lot of stuff we lug around to make our trip easier. I know they seem like an annoyance and before kids they would have driven me crazy but now having a 14M old I've realized a well taken care of kid = a happy kid = he isn't bothering the adults.

This isn’t true. Most of the strollers you see in Disney now are in compliance. The only ones they seem to be targeting are the wagons which hilariously actually have smaller dimensions than most.
It says strollers wider than 31 inches are prohibited. In the past it was 36 in.

Woohoo!!!! Finally, Disney! There is plenty of time for smokers to figure out a plan for their park days with cigarette breaks, or to decide to quit and get on a program to help, like the nicotine patches. Great news on banning the bigger strollers and all wagons.

Last edited:
I'm excited about the smoking, it was always shocking to me that they allowed it in the square between the two parks considering how many children were around. I do think removing any safe place for smokers is a bit excessive and may back fire.

I'm upset about the wagon ban. My in-laws bought my wife and I a Keenz for Christmas specifically for Disneyland. We've used it once at the parks and loved it. We have #2 on the way and unfortunately there is a lot of stuff we lug around to make our trip easier. I know they seem like an annoyance and before kids they would have driven me crazy but now having a 14M old I've realized a well taken care of kid = a happy kid = he isn't bothering the adults.

This can be done without a wagon or a big stroller. Plan your trip around your child/ren's schedule. Do not plan your trip around everything the adults want to do and think let the kids sleep in the wagon or stroller and then be shocked when they cry/whine and want to run wild. Keep them on their schedule, if they nap at 11 for two hours, then go back to the room and let them nap. Even if they take another nap in the afternoon for a couple hours go back to the room. KEEP THEM ON THEIR SCHEDULE and you will have happy kids.

I thought ours would be over too, it’s a baby jogger city elite double. But it’s 30”. It’s wide, yes, but soooo easy to maneuver, I can happily say I’ve never ran anyone over with it, turns on a dime. I believe anything over 30” will not fit through a standard doorway - ours just fits! So I wouldn’t think many are over 31”, that would be a huge pain to not fit through doorways...
Yep, we're using the City Mini GT Double.

Supposedly there will be a three-sided box that you have to push the stroller into.

I would expect that they’ve picked this size to specifically include/exclude particular stroller types or brands?
Where did you hear the news about the three sided box!? What a nightmare that'll be having to wait for people doing official stroller measurement! I'm sure the CMs will be familiar with which brands/models fit the new requirements and which do not in order to speed up the process. The funny thing is that the "gate" between turnstiles is about 31" inches as it is. I'm not exactly sure how all these 36+" strollers actually made it into the park in the first place!

Yep, we're using the City The funny thing is that the "gate" between turnstiles is about 31" inches as it is. I'm not exactly sure how all these 36+" strollers actually made it into the park in the first place!
They would open a gate just like they do for wheel chairs. In the mornings it is common to see a CM at one of the big gates half open scanning in guests.

I saw some comments from a facebook post that the Keenz 7s will be allowed in. It fits the size requirements, you can push it not pull it and it has a five point harness to buckle the kids in. So just wanted to give a heads up to maybe looking further into that stroller before anyone changes it out for another stroller. :)

I saw some comments from a facebook post that the Keenz 7s will be allowed in. It fits the size requirements, you can push it not pull it and it has a five point harness to buckle the kids in. So just wanted to give a heads up to maybe looking further into that stroller before anyone changes it out for another stroller. :)
The keenz stroller wagons will not be allowed starting May 1. Disney was specific about stroller wagons.

The Keenz website updated their FAQs to say that they will NOT be allowed into Disney.

Except the upcoming rules specifically calls out "stroller wagons" and closes the loophole that allowed push stroller wagons. Keenz even confirmed on their website earlier today that all of their products (including the 7s) will no longer be allowed in after May 1.

Lol! Didn't get the update others had responded already to this while I was typing. Sorry!

The painted lines could be problematic because many strollers have a wheel base that is narrower than the 'seating area'. People will say 'See, it fits!' and argue when it's pointed out that the seating area overhangs the painted lines.

I think a three sided box would be awkward, but a 'pass through' two sided box with length lines painted fore and aft would work. In fact, they could have 'stroller only' turnstiles or bag check stations configured for just that.

It wouldn't be necessary to measure every stroller just those that are close. Many smaller, single and umbrella strollers won't need measuring. It will be an adjustment, but I'm sure CM will get it worked out over time.

The keenz stroller wagons will not be allowed starting May 1. Disney was specific about stroller wagons.

The Keenz website updated their FAQs to say that they will NOT be allowed into Disney.

Except the upcoming rules specifically calls out "stroller wagons" and closes the loophole that allowed push stroller wagons. Keenz even confirmed on their website earlier today that all of their products (including the 7s) will no longer be allowed in after May 1.

Thanks for confirming that these strollers aren't okay. I had just wanted to put it out there just incase they were going to be acceptable. :)

So very happy about the smoking areas going away, we would plan our route away from them to avoid the secondhand smoke. I also have asthma, so I didn't particularly enjoy that.

I do expect a lot more smoking on the walkway from Harbor to the security check, as people get their last puffs in before entering the park.

Did Keenz explode in popularity in the last few months, or are the more popular at DL than WDW?

I went to DTD in Anaheim and then WDW in August and I don’t remember seeming Keenz. I then went back to DL in Feb and I saw a ton! I don’t blame Disney for banning them.

Has there been incidents or issues in particular with the stroller wagons?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter