Snacks during Free Dining?

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
I don't know if this has been asked before (I didn't read ALL the threads), but:
Does anyone know (or think) if they will revert to the original limited snacks during free dining in the Fall? It seems to me that WDW is giving "extras" to entice more people to purchase the dining plan. If the plan is being offered for free, why would they need to give these extras? Also, they have not changed any of the DDP brochures, they still list the original, limited offerings. This basically gives them the ability to change back to the original plan at any time. I am just wondering because I have been thinking of using my snack credit in Sept. for some type of modified "breakfast", i.e Cinnamon bun, danish, muffin... If I am not able to do this during free dining, I may rearrange my meal times a little. What does everyone think?

If they decide to limit the snacks again, it won't be because of free dining.

Some people on the dining plan during the free period are still paying for the plan.

I would think the changes will stick around. They did put the DP logo on the menus, from what I hear.. But I suppose there is no way to know for sure... Question for the people who have seen the DP logo on the menu boards - does it look like a permanent sticker or just something temporary like Colorforms (remember those?) :rotfl:

I sure hope the changes stick around - I'm so looking forward to all the yummy snacks on our upcoming trip! :banana:

No one really knows or can predict what Disney will do. However, I think it is likely that the expanded snack menu will remain. They've re-done a lot of signs, re-educated cast members, etc.

EDITED TO ADD:

Ooops - found the answer in another thread - thanks anyway! :thumbsup2

This is my first post - how exciting!

I'll tack my question on here, since it's kind of related -

Is it possible to construct a "breakfast" out of snack items, particularly at the Beach Club Market (ie - is yogurt parfait considered a snack? Muffins? Danish?)

For those who have been recently, what types of items are on the menu that count as snacks and are breakfast oriented?

Thanks much and it's great to be here!

No I don't think that they will make changes to the snakcs offered jsut because of free dining. First, there will be people there paying for the dining plan. Second, it will be such a pain for them to keep changing things. These changes aren't made overnight and would require alot of sticker changing, retraining of cast members, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter