Snowboarding in Canada

TigerBear

Found him!
I'm hoping maybe someone on this board can point me in the right direction. My dh is an avid snowboarding fan. He would like to take a trip to board at the end of November (Thanksgiving here in the states). Unfortunately, most resorts in the US will not have true snow at that point. I am thinking maybe Canada would be a good option. I did a search and am overwhelmed by the number of resorts in Canada. Does anyone know which ski resorts are the best, especially for boarding?

Thanks fellow DISers!!

Hi there!:wave: I'm not too familiar with winter resorts (hate winter but love Florida! LOL) but I would think you'd have to go out west to the BC area, in the mountains, to find suitable snow conditions in November for snowboarding.Hopefully some other Canadian DIS'ers can help!:)

Sammi's right (as usual) :D

BC would be the place in November. No real snow in Southern Ontario that time of year. January/February is a different story. Last year was horrid ~ no snow to speak of. A ski instructor comes to one of my classes and he said the conditions were bad. Good luck with year! S

You might want to consider the Rockie mountains in Alberta. Some of the best skiing in the world can be found in Alberta. November can still be a not so great time to ski anywhere, it depends how the weather is this fall. So far it's been a hot dry summer which can last through into the fall. A couple of good resorts to look at that get a lot of snow and have an earlier ski season are Sunshine and Lake Louise. These are both huge resorts that get a ton of snow ( Sunshine actually tends to get the most) Good luck! oh yeah, both these resorts are in the Alberta Rockies in the Banff area.

Thanks for all of the information! I knew I could count on you to steer me in the right direction. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter