Snowglobes = how long do they last?

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello:

I have a collection of wdw snowglobes. I was just wondering has anyone ever had one go cloudy. I have had non disney small globes lose their clearness, in otherwords get cloudy inside the globe.

Deb.

Deb snowglobes have a shelf life of 200 years and the water inside the WDW ones is pure Evian water so you should be good to go for another 100 after that. :teeth:

Keep it away from sunlight and bright lights and it should be okay.

Unfortunately I have to partyly agree w/ Mr Raulandpinboy..

I don't know about the 200 yr thingy, haven't been around to test any that long,

But you do definately have to keep them away from heat. (don't sit them on top of the tv for instance, or in direct sunlight..and they will have a nice long life...I have some of mine for years, and they are still nice and clear..

I have over 70 Disney snowglobes. I always inspect them and make sure they have no bubbles before I buy them. But no matter what I do they always seem to develop bubbles. I have them on an inside wall in a room that only has 2 small windows and they are away from heat but they still develop bubbles.
My Pocahontas snow globe has slime in it. This snow globe has snow and leave shaped metalic confetti. The leaves have clumped together and look slimy.
I can't figure out how to get the glass ball off the base but I keep trying to loosen one. I want to try and drill a tiny hole in one with a diamond tip drill and inject some distilled water in to it and then seal it up. Maybe after the holidays when I might have some time available I will try with one of the JC Penny globes.
I do have 5 Christmas snow globes that I just brought out of the attic. They get very hot up there in the summer but they don't have bubbles. However, the water is scummy. It settles clear but if I shake them Santa is surrounded by mud. Must be CT snowglobes all our snow is mud right now too. Peggie

Just wondering how people display the tiny say about 2 inch snowglobes. My daughter has some of those, but she just has them sitting beside one another.
To me they need to be elevated some way, but I can't figure what to do, other than put them on some type of block or something under them. Any ideas?

Deb.

I collect the tiny ones (as I cant afford the bog ones)

I have a shelf going across an entire wall displaying many things - decorativly with my snowglobes enter-mixed... It is suttle - but nicely displayed

If you get tired of them you can toss them of the Contemporary roof they make a cool sound when they hit the ground.

Its like a Crashhhh poosshhhhh, if your lucky and hit the monorail its more of a bumbbitty bumbbitty crashhhh poosshhhh.

:teeth: I'm evil evil do hear hahahahahahah death to all snowglobes......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter