So Coral Reef...

deezy

Earning My Ears
I haven’t kept up with this restaurant in the last couple of years but we ate there during our trip last week and it was fantastic! We’ve eaten there several times in the past and it was always average to below average at best but 3 of us agreed it was the best meal we had on this entire trip! So my question is did it go thru some kind of overhaul/upgrade lately or did we just catch it on a great night?

The reason I ask is I have a buddy that’s going on their first trip soon and he’s been asking me about Coral Reef but I’m hesitant to recommend it based on its history even after our recent great experience . Anybody have any input or recent experience there?

We ate there last December and it was by far the best meal of our trip. I had the shrimp and grits and it was delicious!

It was our first time there, but we are going back in November. Can’t wait!

We ate there last December and it was by far the best meal of our trip. I had the shrimp and grits and it was delicious!

It was our first time there, but we are going back in November. Can’t wait!

We had the shrimp and grits also! It was fantastic.

I was always afraid to eat at here because of the reviews. However, we tried it and loved it!

I was always afraid to eat at here because of the reviews. However, we tried it and loved it!

This is why I alwasy suggest that folks dine where they want. Food and dining experiences are subjective, so what I may not like others will enjoy. I like Chef Mickey and will not step foot back into 'Ohana, and we all know what ther reviews on those two restaurants are! LOL!

OP- I have CR booked in December. Our experiences there have been mixed, however not at all so bad that I am not will to go back. My nieces have both requested it based on the theme, which is pretty darn cool. Disney dining is not just about the food itself, but the experience that the restaurant offers, and CR is unique IMO.

The first time we ate there, it was not very good.
The second time we ate there, it was GREAT.
The third time we ate there, it was GREAT.
The fourth time we ate there, it was not very good.
Perhaps a little inconsistent. I agree with the above post that people should try things for themselves. I will also mention that I have gotten their Baileys & Jack Daniels Chocolate Mousse for dessert on every visit and it is always good. One of my favorite desserts.

Last edited:
We have always had good food and service the 3 or 4 times we had a lunch or dinner there.

We ate there in April and it was by far the best meal of our trip. We will go back next trip for sure.

The food and service was amazing. I loved that they offered a “plain” Mickey check meal for kids too (plain chicken, broccoli, rice). My kids eat pretty healthy but like many kids don’t like added spices/condiments.

We have eaten there several times. Never a great meal, but never a bad meal. We go when we feel like watching the fish during lunch.

I ate there last Dec (Candlelight package). I enjoyed my meal. I had the steak. I'd say it was about a decent "mid-range" steak, which is expected at a 1 credit DP restaurant. I had an amazing steak at Yachtsmen, which cost MUCH more.

I was hesitant because of the reviews. Booked it because, hey, 'Ohana gets terrible reviews and we love it. My oldest had the shrimp and grits. And it was fantastic. Unfortunately, it was the only part of the meal that was. The other two entrees were just SO bland. Dessert was meh, too. Anyway, sadly, I'm with the reviewers who pan the place.

I have always had great food at Coral Reef and I love the restaurant but I have had some really bad service there on multiple occasions. I am returning in October and can't wait.

We ate there this past June and I wasn't expecting much. I was very pleasantly surprised. I had the Mahi-Mahi and really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter