So, did the Poly announcement throw a curveball into your VGF (or other DVC) plans?

So, did the Poly announcement throw a curveball into your VGF (or other DVC) plans?

No, I just closed on 200 VGF2 and am very happy with it. Now I have two years to save up to add some Poly2 points. Great days ahead!!

Last edited:
But I have an addiction.......
Hahaha. Many of us here have the same problem I'm afraid. We went ahead with the resale Poly points so we will see if wife has any regrets on not getting VGF2.

When I went to preview centre I was only planning on getting 500 points.

Then I got 1000 on resale.

Now I am at 3,300. Perhaps I need help

Was thinking about a small add on at VGF, where we already have a resale contract. Mentioned to DH today that now I wasn’t so sure given the Poly announcement, as that is our other home resort (direct) and I would prefer it, especially if there are more room type options. His reply: “then do both.” Seems logical!

So I had decided with the poly announcement that I definitely wanted to forget about a small vgf2 add on so I could wait and save up for poly2, a resort I think I prefer (never stayed at VGF, the rooms just never appealed much to me, especially now with the plaid headboards in studios). However, I keep thinking about how some of the extra saving I’ll be doing will be canceled out by the inevitable price increases. Not knowing what poly2 will cost especially concerns me. I’m nervous they will think they priced vgf2 too low based on the number of sales they are seeing and decide to price poly high. Now I just don’t know what to do.

Last edited:
So I had decided with the poly announcement that I definitely wanted to forgetting about a small vgf2 add on so I could wait and save up for poly2, a resort I think I prefer (never stayed at VGF, the rooms just never appealed much to me, especially now with the plaid headboards in studios). However, I keep thinking about how some of the extra saving I’ll be doing will be canceled out by the inevitable price increases. Not knowing what poly2 will cost especially concerns me. I’m nervous they will think they priced vgf2 too low based on the number of sales they are seeing and decide to price poly high. Now I just don’t know what to do.

The numbers were brisk the first day, but we don’t have anything else to suggest it has continued like that. I think we should wait to see the data.

I do think it comes down to home resort advantage and if you really want it to be Poly, then wait.

The only thing I think you might want to think about is whether being part of the current PVB would be a good thing or not.

For me, it will make me less likely to buy it.

So I had decided with the poly announcement that I definitely wanted to forgetting about a small vgf2 add on so I could wait and save up for poly2, a resort I think I prefer (never stayed at VGF, the rooms just never appealed much to me, especially now with the plaid headboards in studios). However, I keep thinking about how some of the extra saving I’ll be doing will be canceled out by the inevitable price increases. Not knowing what poly2 will cost especially concerns me. I’m nervous they will think they priced vgf2 too low based on the number of sales they are seeing and decide to price poly high. Now I just don’t know what to do.
I had the same thoughts as you. I was going to wait for Poly2, but I changed my mind and went ahead and got VGF2 yesterday. I don't want to wait 2 years and I can always add on a small contract at Poly2 if the price is right. I love both resorts, but I want to use points now. They are both monorail resorts and next to each other, so I know even if I don't buy points at Poly2, I will still be able to walk over there and enjoy the atmosphere and restaurants. Good Luck with your decision!

The only thing I think you might want to think about is whether being part of the current PVB would be a good thing or not.

For me, it will make me less likely to buy it.

Why would you be less likely to buy if it turns out to be part of the current PVB?

Why would you be less likely to buy if it turns out to be part of the current PVB?

Because I think the resort would be too large and too many points competing for the new tower, especially given how many points are in the system for the bungalows.

I don’t want to stay in the current studios…did it once and not a huge fan Of the set up in relation to amenities. But I love the tower concept with everything all in one so being it’s own resort would mean home resort advantage with only those new owners.

Last edited:
But I love the tower concept with everything all in one so being it’s own resort would mean home resort advantage with only those new owners.
That's why I like towers also and partly why we bought at RVA! It's nice to have amenities close together.

That's why I like towers also and partly why we bought at RVA! It's nice to have amenities close together.

I also prefer towers. Amenities under one roof without having to go into the blistering heat or downpour. Part of the reason they are not liked is probably due to Disney having produced low rise almost exclusively.

Yup -we were at WDW last week and were :this: close to purchasing GFV2 points. We weren’t overly excited about it though since GFV isn’t our favourite. Our heart is at the Poly , so we will now wait - very excited !

Yup -we were at WDW last week and were :this: close to purchasing GFV2 points. We weren’t overly excited about it though since GFV isn’t our favourite. Our heart is at the Poly , so we will now wait - very excited !
Did you happen to tour the new rooms?

Did you happen to tour the new rooms?
Yes we did … they showed us a 2 bedroom from GFV1 which we really liked and then the new GFV2 studios which we didn’t really like. It made me realize there is a difference between a hotel room and a traditional studio. We can easily spend 10 nights in a studio (usually Poly), but I don’t think we could spend nearly that long in a regular hotel room or GFV2 studio.

Because I think the resort would be too large and too many points competing for the new tower, especially given how many points are in the system for the bungalows.

I don’t want to stay in the current studios…did it once and not a huge fan Of the set up in relation to amenities. But I love the tower concept with everything all in one so being it’s own resort would mean home resort advantage with only those new owners.
Agree with all of this. The current studios weren’t for us at all. With 1 and 2 bedroom options in the new tower, we will buy in as long as it’s a new association.

I had the same thoughts as you. I was going to wait for Poly2, but I changed my mind and went ahead and got VGF2 yesterday. I don't want to wait 2 years and I can always add on a small contract at Poly2 if the price is right. I love both resorts, but I want to use points now. They are both monorail resorts and next to each other, so I know even if I don't buy points at Poly2, I will still be able to walk over there and enjoy the atmosphere and restaurants. Good Luck with your decision!
I bought VGF2 points opening day, and for a day or so after the Poly2 announcement I had buyer’s remorse! But then I decided two years, or probably close to 3, was too long to wait as well, and the one bedrooms in the Poly Tower would probably be a good deal smaller than those at VGF, which we love, which have the same view anyway. We also own at Aulani, whose location and tropical theming are on a different level than what we’d see at Poly2.

VGF is a huge immersive resort with a ton of dining options, a great lobby, and beautiful grounds, and might not be as overwhelmed with kids as Poly. So I’m glad I bought where I did. That said, in spite of everything I just said, I’ll probably add on some points at Poly2 if it’s a new association!

I bought VGF2 points opening day, and for a day or so after the Poly2 announcement I had buyer’s remorse! But then I decided two years, or probably close to 3, was too long to wait as well, and the one bedrooms in the Poly Tower would probably be a good deal smaller than those at VGF, which we love, which have the same view anyway. We also own at Aulani, whose location and tropical theming are on a different level than what we’d see at Poly2.

VGF is a huge immersive resort with a ton of dining options, a great lobby, and beautiful grounds, and might not be as overwhelmed with kids as Poly. So I’m glad I bought where I did. That said, in spite of everything I just said, I’ll probably add on some points at Poly2 if it’s a new association!

I already told my guide that yesterday when I asked him about the comment that was made to someone at MM! Of course, he won't care what I buy in a few years! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter