So Has DVC Changed You?

We also bought AP's for the first time in Aug. and that was very nice. We no longer felt the need to stay at a park all day/night to get our money's worth. WE know we are using them in Nov. and probably in Jan. so we are getting our money's worth so to speak. Who knows...we will probably go back for a week next Aug. before they expire and that means 4 trips off one set of AP's.

The knowledge that we will keep going back is priceless:goodvibes

After our 1st commando trip.....we really slowed down....

After staying in a 1BR.....I have extended my coffee time to
1quick cup....to half a pot....like normal;)
Room is so comfy....we spend more time relaxing in it....

With the AP's.....I have no problem walking into epcot to do
Soarin and Nemo.....and LEAVING....

Like other posters have said.....I can't believe how much
I still haven't done yet....

This past trip....we went to a waterpark for the 1st time....
WE DIDN'T DO ONE SLIDE:scared1:
Went around Lazy river.....and hung out in wave pool.....
Ater a few hours....Florida sun gets to be too much....in Aug anyway...
we left.....Knowing we can't wait to get back:goodvibes

Next trips....we will be exploring the water parks a lot more.
Kerri

The knowledge that we will keep going back is priceless:goodvibes

After our 1st commando trip.....we really slowed down....

After staying in a 1BR.....I have extended my coffee time to
1quick cup....to half a pot....like normal;)
Room is so comfy....we spend more time relaxing in it....

With the AP's.....I have no problem walking into epcot to do
Soarin and Nemo.....and LEAVING....

Like other posters have said.....I can't believe how much
I still haven't done yet....

This past trip....we went to a waterpark for the 1st time....
WE DIDN'T DO ONE SLIDE:scared1:
Went around Lazy river.....and hung out in wave pool.....
Ater a few hours....Florida sun gets to be too much....in Aug anyway...
we left.....Knowing we can't wait to get back:goodvibes

Next trips....we will be exploring the water parks a lot more.
Kerri

:thumbsup2 WE love the AP's (first time for us) We went to MGM just for three rides and to eat a late lunch at PRime Time. IT was great. Then one day..my dd and youngest son and I stopped at EC after doing a few hours at MK, to pick up our DDE card....so we went in and rode a couple of things and then took the bus back to SSR. I love having AP's. Oh and Typhoon Lagoon...we went just for EMH on a Sat. evening. We arrived about 5 and stayed til 10.....love having the water parks added too. OH....and one more thing....we also all did Disney Quest once and then my dh took the boys the afternoon we flew home while my dd and I shopped. LOVE THE AP'S and DVC.

It has changed us in a little differently. We have been Disneyland Annual passholders for years, so we have always approached park touring casually. What has changed is our feelings about accomidations. We used to stay off site at Disneyland because the Disney Hotels are so expensive. However, after staying at the Grand Californian 3 times, we are spoiled. Last week we went to DLR for the weekend and stayed at the Hilton Anaheim (A very nice hotel) for free on Hilton Honors points. We felt like second class citizens staying there.

We have been members for 10+ years. While we no longer hit it fast and hard each day, we DO still go to the parks each day. The difference is that now we might go for one or two attractions, and then head back "home" to the villa for a rest before doing a different park later in the day. When we have guests, we usually start each day with them, but we usually leave them alone after a couple of hours.

Still go Commando, always have always will. Maybe when I get a little older I will slow down an dsmall the roses but for now the only way to go is COMMADO:scared:

If it is just me, DH and the boys we slow down. When we bring family we go commando for a few days. This next trip we will be bringing five people ( two newbies ) for the first four days. After that we will have a week to really relax and enjoy are selves.

I have always argued that when you look at the cost of the trip, you spend a good portion of the cost on hotels. So you should really spend some time there. I figure even with DVC Amortized over 50 years, I am still spending $200 a night for a 1 BR. Park passes are 3 x $30-40 = 90-120 (with Prem AP). So I may as well enjoy the resort.

I agree that I am more relaxed. Park vists wind up targeting new or specific attractions instead of everything. Major parks are only for mornings and evenings (cooler and less crowded).

It is very pleasent. I visit the smaller attraction parks like the water parks, Disney Quest, DTD more. An afternoon swiming at the resort sounds much more appealing than a crowded park.

At the risk of ruining my reputation as a nice person....
... what DVC ownership did for me was to take away the irritation that I used to feel if a ride was down or the crowds were too large for us to get to do all of our favorite things.
I no longer get crazed when I have to wait for someone to wake up and get going in the morning. That was always the worst and would have me biting my lip.
I am commando by nature, and I take total responsibility for everyone getting to do everything that they want to... I usually go with friends and extended family. Knowing that I can do it my way on the next trip mellows me out so much people actually like to travel with me now.
And I used to feel a real let down the day before we had to return, so much so that it affected my last days... now I feel like there are no last days!

All of the above apply to me perfectly! Every single aspect of the comment.
Oh and also, I can't forget that DVC has changed me financially- to be much poorer! With several trips to Disney a year my bank account is changing for the worse!:rotfl:

Yep! Changed me too. My brother and his family went with me for the first time since 1982. I'm now going at least twice a year for 8 night stays each. And I am able to bring more people with me that otherwise might not go. A couple of friends are going with me this Feb.

Other changes: I can't seem to get Disney out of my mind. I can't even remember what I use to read on the internet before this site! I'm always planning my next DVC trip and can't wait until it comes. Thanks to the "counter" on the DVC member site I know I only have 57 days until my Nov trip.

While at Disney I'm much more relaxed knowing I will be back soon. Standing in line doesn't bother me, sitting and enjoying the atmosphere and not worrying about "got to move and get everything done" thoughts. Oh! The joy of it all.

DVC has certainly made our down time much nicer--not just going back to the "room"!!
Our commando days are LONG gone. WIth our 40th trip to WDW approaching, we spend less and less time in the parks. Two hours , maybe 3 at the most in the MK, even less at the other parks. IF we see any sort of a line, we'll skip that attraction. For us these days, the goal is to relax--take in a movie, mini-golf, lots of pool time, shopping,and those excellent dinners at WDW restaurants!!

DVC did not change the way we vacation, but it worked better with how our vacation patterns had evolved. We spend less time at the parks and more time enjoying the resort -- DVC is ideal for that scenario.

Now that we are in Orlando, our Disney visits are even more varied. We have the luxury of going for a part-day -- usually early till just after lunch or late afternoon into early evening.

What surprises me is that we still enjoy the on-property extended stays. I thought we may divest most of our DVC points. Instead we added on at AKV.

Well, in the short year and a half that I've been a member, I'd have to say that I now go to WDW more often, and I don't rush around trying to do everything in one trip any more. I felt the difference in my very first trip "home." I was hanging out by the pool, reading and having a soda, and just enjoying the jazzy music they play at SSR. On previous trips to the World, the only downtime I allowed myself was when a friend I traveled with wanted to go swimming (and that only happened one time) or spending the evening in my hotel room watching TV because I was dogtired and couldn't walk another in-park step. Before I joined, I felt pressured to do everything on my "must do" list because who knew when I'd be coming back? Now I have a much shorter "must do" list, a larger "eh, it'll keep 'til next time" list, and an ever-lengthening "why don't I try..." list. On my last trip, I went to a water park, Disney Quest, and Sea World for the first time because I wasn't so focused on getting the most out of the four major parks.

It's amazing how a decades-long commitment can be so liberating!

In 1992 I received a postcard from my DM (aged 71 at the time) who was visiting WDW with DD and DSis. The card basically says:

"We're going to the Magic Kingdom today. This is wonderful! I understand why you go so often."

I save postcards and this is my very favorite one of all! Now, "often" for us at that time was every 2-3 years:rotfl: ...for 5 nights. DH and I both love staying at a Disney resort and we love sharing our DVC with family and friends. Now, it has gotten out of hand...so far this year, we have only spent a total of 4 nights at WDW in DVC rooms (6 nights at VB so far, so it's not THAT bad)! We've had to stay off site twice this year, over MLK jr weekend and then for the Flower and Garden Festival, and before DVC we NEVER spent any nights off site. This is crazy!!!

DH and I enjoy our trips, all of them, with friends, family and by ourselves. We've bought 200 more points this year, and I will definitely put a stop to those off site stays. DH has changed, he no longer gets teary eyed when we leave, he knows we'll be back, ...even that knowledge doesn't stop me from misting up.

We are enjoying our DVC...same ole folks, maturing.

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter