So I guess offsite people are just SOL at 180?

People always grab reservations as their date opens and cancel as they work on their touring plans. Things will open up just keep checking. I was able to grab Ohana dinner twice, BOG, Beaches and Cream(which is hard when you have 8 people)and several others. I always try first thing in the morning but have had better luck later in the evening when I believe people have had time to cancel. Good luck and have a great trip.

Touring Plans provides the same reservation finder service to travel agents for a fee. I inquired with several travel agents and could not get answers to the questions I needed such as: 1) will you personally be making my ADRs at 6:00 AM when my window opens on Memorial Day, 2) Will mine be the only (or at least) first ADRs you will be making at that time, and 3) Can you successfully slot nine reservations in five days based on availability for each day with two days having three each in specific order. Free Dining sold out within hours for our dates and hotel despite the fact their server kept locking up do to volume. If I had relied on a travel agent who got busy that morning we might not be going to Disney at all.

You left out.... is this a "real" job or do you do my reservations after you come home from your real job? Or after you finish with the kids sporting events etc....

I have a lot of friends who are Disney "travel agents". All of them do it as a part time side gig after the "real job" That's why I don't use them :)

Point of Reference (FWIW): 180+10 opened Monday and I started right at 6:00 AM EST. Got everything at desired times except Ohana including CRT (180+4) and Garden Grill (180+1).
Checked again Monday afternoon around 3 - still a lot of CRT and zero GG. Checked yesterday - nothing for CRT. I received Touring Plan alert for Ohana and got that yesterday as well.

I can't get my hands on BOG and CRT and that has never happened before.
But i'm not giving up. A lot of people make multiple reservations and cancel last minute. I am sure we will make it work no matter where we end up, it is Disney world after all. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter