So If I Visit WDW Without My Teenage

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
Daughter, what should I do when I begin to really miss her??

Well, how long will you be apart? I just spent 4 days solo and didn't miss anyone ;)

Hey I am strange = but I don't miss people - my animals you bet - but people no - maybe because I don't have any children

I can generally go 5 days without getting too upset - this year I was surpose to be done for 9 days - but I don't think I will be able too.

I look at it my time away - so being able to go where I want without anyone complainting or making me feel guilty - is great!!!

Hey if I just want to stay around the resort and sleep or read a book I can - no one complaining about why we aren't in the parks.

I usually spend 6 nights alone at WDW. I call my DH every night to say goodnight. Because I am able to talk to him once per evening, I don't miss him too much. Besides that, WDW is a very busy vacation. I don't have any children, but I really miss my 2 cats. If only I could REALLY talk to them on the phone.
LOL !!

I miss my Cats too!;) Daddy stays home with them and feeds them, but, than when I call him, he makes me feel guilty because he says they wonder around the house looking for me.:(

I started missing my baby (16 year old DS) the day I arrived. But I had my cellphone and called two or three times a day to tell him what I was doing and to check up on him. Now, ask me if I missed my DH....:rolleyes:

I will be able to report on this better in a couple of months. DW and I are going without our 2 and 3.5 year old (who will be staying with grandmother a.k.a. "the spoiler"). I have been away for several days at a time with work, but DW has not been away from kids for more than one night and I am a little worried about whether it will be a really negative experience for her. She loves WDW, so I hope with some phone calls, she will just get into the fun! I am really looking forward to some time with just us!

My son is all grown up and lives 1300 miles away from me. I suppose that's sort of cheating saying I didn't miss him ;)

No doubt you will miss her immediately... especially if you're good friends, like my daughter and I.

But here's something to remember. As a single mom, it's important for your daughter to know you don't have to have a man to go and do these kinds of things... and, it's one thing to tell them, it's another thing to do it.

My daughter is proud of me, that I will do things alone. Sure, I'd rather have someone to share it with, but I'm not going to stay home waiting! Then I'll never do anything.

Daughters need to see their single mom's loving life and living it to the fullest.

Pieinyoureye, that is an excellent point and you are right. I hadn't thought of that before.

last spring dd and i went to wdw leaving my ds behind(his choice:( ) i called him when we first arrived and gave him our phone number and room number. since we were usually out of our room he would call every couple of days leaving us a message. i was reassured hearing his voice and what he was up to, especially the day he told me it was snowing in ontario:D this spring i am going solo for the first time and will ask both ds and dd to leave me messages, and i will call home once or twice. i plan to write trip reports in a journal while i'm away too, so i can make sure to remember to share all of my experiences, dd, who is 21, still loves the characters so i don't want to miss telling her of any i should meet!

katypop:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter