So........is it better to use Disney transfers, rent a car or hire a shuttle?

jlawall

<font color=royalblue>Captain Lucky, the Great Pro
I am traveling with a party of 7 on Saturday morning, some of the group is arriving at 9:30am, others will come from WDW that day, should we.....

go to airport and use Disney busses....

rent a car and drive down ourselves.....then take a shuttle to the ship....

which is the most convenient (cheapest) way to go?

We just used the transfers for our 2/1/03 trip. I think in theory they would've been worth it, but because of hightened airport security, the only benefit you get is people transportation. Disney won't cater to your luggage any more than non-transfer passengers because it has to be in your possession. I say use a limo/shuttle service.

~marcie

Thx, I didn't know they stopped moving your luggage for you.

I think part of your decision will depend on how many are actually coming from WDW and the airport(?) Also, where are you all going after? Rountrips are usually cheaper.
We have 7 in our group from the airport to the port for $150 in a limo or $85 in a van through a car service, this is only one way plus the tip that was suggested at $20. I have seen a limo for $125 and may be switching. We are renting a van afterwards because we will be staying over an extra night and would like to be able to get around. I believe the van is about $95, but my bil is getting it using "points".
We used the buses last year, airport to WDW to port to airport and everything went very well. There was a bit of waiting while buses were filled and people checked in. One nice thing was that we really didn't handle our luggage that much. There were only 3 of us and it seems to me that it was cheaper than a car service for all 3 legs of the trip. It really wasn't bad. Everyone on the bus is excited and on the way to the port, there is an informative video if you haven't been before.
Renting can be cheap with cars. I just don't like the idea of checking in and out, dropping off the car and so on.
Personally, I like the car service. They pick you and your luggage up. There is no waiting for anyone else to arrive. I chose the limo this time because my sister and her family are making their first trip to Disney and I want to surprise them and my son. They were also able to get a hotel free for us so it is a thank you as well.
You really need to figure out which method is best for your groups using different circumstances to see which one is the least expensive overall. If you are not concerned to much about the price, go for the car service (happy limo, tiffany towncar and there are others).

Perhaps the alert will be lowered before your trip, but all Disney was able to do for us was take it from the hotel (Hyatt) to the ship on Saturday. Upon return, they took the luggage Friday night from outside our stateroom and relocated it to the pier facility. We had to pick them up there, take them to the buses, load them, unload them at the airport, and check them in with the airlines.

But again, if Disney had been able to do what it was supposed to, I think it would've been worth it. Perhaps plan on purchasing the transfers, but have a backup plan.

~marcie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter