So to get a Remy VQ spot, will I need to "waste" a park reservation on Epcot?!

Right now for our trip in Nov.... we are planning a shopping morning at DS on our Epcot park pass day. We want to hit DS but don't want to deal with evening crowds. So it will be about 2-3 hours at DS in the morning and then to Epcot.
The other option we are considering is early breakfast at Garden Grill or Ohana's. Then to Epcot.
Still deciding.

It will also depend on how much capacity Remy has vs ROTR. It should be more reliable since its a clone, and a simpler ride. So might have a lot more spots in the VQ.

It may not be RoTR popular, but I think it will as popular or more so (because its new) than Frozen. And those lines are still long.
The one benefit that Remy should have is less downtime than RoTR as the bugs should have been worked out in Paris (while they are still working out bugs in RoTR).

Popularity is just one metric and you can't really talk about that without knowing ride capacity. If Remy can only handle half the people per hour that Rise does (I have no idea what the capacity is) you don't need it to be as popular to have similar lines. Peter Pan isn't insanely popular compared to many other rides - it just has a caparitively low ride capacity.

The DW motto: offering guests more paid solutions to problems we create.

You got that right!!

Reduce park hours, eliminate EMH, run attractions at reduced capacity, eliminate live entertainment acts. Take away free FP+. Voila: Super long ride lines!

Then charge for a new G+ service to reduce these deliberately increased wait times (for those who can afford it). Offer a pared-down version of EMH available only to deluxe resort guests who are paying $$$$. Cut hours again and offer stupidly expensive after-hours events. Say that all this has been done in response to customer feedback and call it “Enhanced Guest Experience!”

Genius!!!

Remy is a clone of the DLP ride, so we knows its capacity is about 2,200 per hour. More than ROTR (at about 1,500-1,700 per hour), and as someone else pointed out, hopefully more reliable as well (being a clone, hopefully the bugs are worked out of the system).

I just don't think Remy will carry huge crowds for long. The novelty will ensure it's busy through the fall and holiday season, but I think that will drop off quickly, probably in line with Frozen Ever After demand.

Perhaps a silly ?? I just purchased new annual passes for the family. How do I get passholder preview ressies?

Perhaps a silly ?? I just purchased new annual passes for the family. How do I get passholder preview ressies?
You can't. The opportunity opened and closed a month ago.

(CMs have indicated that they're locked out of the reservations - no further additions or changes.)

Still after 2

And if it is like Rise, the second BG drop will be at 1 - so you’ll still need the Epcot reservation. (Which I personally have no problem with. As others have said, a nice leisurely breakfast somewhere (I like Topilino’s for that and then a Skyliner hop) and then to Epcot.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter