So what do YOU think will be announced?

HBK

Mouseketeer
What do you think will be announced at the December 5 press event? Do you think Disney will announce all sorts of ground being broken? Or should the reporters bring the obligitory camels for the Disney Spinners (Copyright AV)

Here's my take:
  • Mickey's PhilarMagic 3D Show at Magic Kingdom
  • A whole lot of press / spin re: Mission Space
  • Maybe a Soarin Clone if they were able to convince the Canadiens to foot some or all of the bill.
  • A new coaster @ AK, but not a whole new land (unless you figure one ride is equal to a whole land)

Anyone else?

That sounds good to me. I hope that they say somthing on Dec 5th on the 100 YoM press event.

I hate these straight-forward questions...No room to dance. But since you asked and probably as a great surprise to many, I really don't expect that we'll hear anything at all. :(
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

There is a difference between what I WANT to be announced and what I THINK will be announced.

What I want: Beastly Kingdom
COP rehab to update but keep Walts dream alive
An end to the spinners
A Soarin clone somewhere, anywhere
Something done with the two empty lumps formerly known as 20000 Leagues and Discovery Island

What I think: Mission Space PR
Dinorama PR
100 YoM PR
alot of look, we are showing American Spirit, we have banners on Main Street self promotion

Phillybeth

I hate these straight-forward questions...No room to dance. But since you asked and probably as a great surprise to many, I really don't expect that we'll hear anything at all.

While I don't think it will be as extereeme as them announcing nothing, my stance is I don't see a whole lot being annouced.....contrary to some people's hopes.

Based on the letter igalworth (SDK) received, it looks like they're really putting a lot of spin into Mission Space, and it also appears they will move forward on Mickey's PhilarMagic (I hate that name though).

I'm not so sure about the Coaster or Beastly kingdom. I'd give it a maybe to I doubt it.

My position on Disney hasn't changed and I really, really, really hope they will throw us a nice meaty bone. But it doesn't seem like Eisner's way...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

I am going to against the current on this and say I think that there is goingto be a huge announcement on December 5. With al that has been going on recently and the way they have built up this occasion, I do think that they realize that something grand has to be announced. I would even go so far as guessing that it will be along the lines of a Beastly Kingdom type announcement.

While I don't necessarily agree with recent steps taken to save money (really, why else stop EE/ENight, close resorts, reduce hours?), I do believe that Eisner realizes that something must be done to increase the publics view of what is to come. Currently from what I hear, a lot of people are speaking of how Disney used to be and how frustrated they are with all that has not been done recently to further the experience of Disney. Call me an optimist, but I think that the announcement is going to try to blow our socks off to remove any doubt that Disney is trying to please its customers.

Panthius:bounce:

O.K. You're an optimist.

Seriously, I don't expect anything of any significance to be announced. I'm expecting to hear more of the same--"100 Years of Magic" and Walt's dream. If poor old Walt could see what's happening to his beloved dream he'd be spinning in his grave!

More then likely it will be headlines in all the WDW based websites and a article will be @ the Orlando Sentinal.com

Mickey's PhilharMagic
Figment's Journey Into Imagination
Reign of Fire Coaster
and quite possibly the opening month of Mission: Space.

I will be at WDW next week (camping at Ft. Wilderness :) with no computer access ) People on the DIS will probably know the details of the press conference before I do. However, I will be on the lookout for any new rumors! I'll also try to get some good pictures of Dinorama.

I do not believe we will get an announcement of BK at this time ( I hope I'm wrong). I think they are going to announce what we already know about and what has been stated in this thread. I also believe they are going to hype up the 100 years of magic thingie since it is going on for another year.

I still cannot believe I am going to be at WDW on Walt Disney's birthday! We will be having our own little party for him on the 5th!

They may want to wait to see what Dino-Rama does (if any) to the attendance levels of Disney's Animal Kingdom before they announce that.

I think more will be released on M:S including more concept art and mabey a small movie about it. BK might be announced, or a date that might be hinted at that a Press Release might be released that might say something about a new land at AK. Philiarmagic will probably be announced and a closing date of Lion King. But there will be more on One Man's Dream and all the 100 Years of Magic stuff, and some stuff on Pop Cluture resort.

The Legend of the Lion King is rumored to close in Spring 2002. It could be annuncing the attraction. Figment's Journey Into Imagination is also a consideration since Disney decided to revamp the attraction but didn't say what it was going to be changed into.

I believe that they will simply rehash and polish the PR spin for those projects already announced or under construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter