So What is "Back??"

leebee

DIS Veteran
My head is spinning with all the changes at WDW since re-opening, post-pandemic and it's challenging keeping track as thing change so quickly. Can anyone update me on the following:

What is the status of character meals, photos, autographs?
Is there housekeeping at the resorts?
Are there fireworks/evening shows/parades- and where?
Are park hours still 30min pre-park opening for onsite guests, extra evening hours for deluxe guests only?
Are all the restaurants open, even the ones at resorts? What about buffets?
Do you have to use mobile ordering at QS locations?
Are all attractions open? Last summer Indiana Jones was dark, Lion King was limited, B&tB was closed.
Are parking lot trams running?
Have all the resorts re-opened?

I know, use the search function. I did... but things keep changing, or there are a million different posts (I exaggerate, but still...) and when I think I have an answer, it changes. I'm thinking about planning a late August solo trip, and while I know things might change between now and then, I'd like to know what is happening now.

My head is spinning with all the changes at WDW since re-opening, post-pandemic and it's challenging keeping track as thing change so quickly. Can anyone update me on the following:

Are park hours still 30min pre-park opening for onsite guests, extra evening hours for deluxe guests only?
Are all attractions open? Last summer Indiana Jones was dark, Lion King was limited, B&tB was closed.

I know, use the search function. I did... but things keep changing, or there are a million different posts (I exaggerate, but still...) and when I think I have an answer, it changes. I'm thinking about planning a late August solo trip, and while I know things might change between now and then, I'd like to know what is happening now.
The disney world website probably has the most up to date info. Character meet and greets have recently returned to normal. Fireworks are happening at mk and epcot. The trams are running at MK and are set to resume soon at other parks. Blizzard beach is one that I can think of that is closed right now.

What is the status of character meals, photos, autographs? Meet and greets are happening and you can hug and get autographs. I think character meals are not back at full yet - still hiring CMs to do that.
Is there housekeeping at the resorts? Yes but I don't think it is every day yet.
Are there fireworks/evening shows/parades- and where? Fireworks at Magic Kingdom every night (although I don't love the new show but that is a different thread.) Evening show at EPCOT (Harmonious which I love but others say MEH.) Fantasmic is not back yet but is coming. Also - Festival of Fantasy parade is back AND is happening more than once a day in Magic Kingdom.
Are park hours still 30min pre-park opening for onsite guests, extra evening hours for deluxe guests only? Yes
Are all the restaurants open, even the ones at resorts? What about buffets? I believe all restaurants are open. Buffets have mostly come back.
Do you have to use mobile ordering at QS locations? I don't believe you HAVE to but I rather like it. I place my lunch mobile order around 10am so I have a "reservation" for when I want to eat lunch and don't have to worry about lines, etc.
Are all attractions open? Last summer Indiana Jones was dark, Lion King was limited, B&tB was closed. I believe all shows (except Nemo) are back. Nemo is in rehearsal for a new version and is coming soon.
Are parking lot trams running? Not all. I THINK (and believe me I could be wrong on this) that MK has trams but the other parks don't as of yet.
Have all the resorts re-opened? Yes.

I can answer some of your questions, so I've eliminated the ones I can't answer!

We are just back from AKL. There was every-other-day trash+towel service and sometimes on those days we also got pretty full housekeeping. It's my impression that full, every day housekeeping is available only to CL guests.

I can answer some of this. The fireworks at MK are on every night. Also the parades at MK are in full swing. I believe Epcot's fireworks are also every night, but I wasn't there for that. Likewise DHS. Someone else will no doubt answer these things. Shows: FotLK is open; BatB is open. VotLM is probably closed permanently. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Yes.

There are some restaurants that are still closed. 1900PF and V&A come to mind. For the large part, most restaurants are open. I can say for sure that all the restaurants at both AKL and POFQ (stayed at both this year) are all open. TH is no longer a buffet, but it is open. Not sure about other buffets. You will have to check on this.

No, but you'd be wise to do so since the lines can be quite long and it's just easier to mobile order. BTW, if you want to eat at Woody's, order about 2 hours in advance. And it's killer to try to find a seat there.

All that you mention are now open. Of course the MK railroad is still closed, because of Tron, and Tron isn't open yet.

At MK, yes. They should be open soon everywhere.

Yes.

Hope this was of some help! Others will chime in with other details, I'm sure.

Some regular character Meet and Greets are back, but not all. When I was there a couple of weeks back, there were none at Animal Kingdom at all other than a few sightings. And be aware that there are not Disney Photopass photographers at all Meet and Greets, there weren't any at the front of EPCOT, but they would use your phone or camera to take photos.

I did not use Mobile ordering, I found it was easier to just get in line when I decided when and where I wanted to eat as I didn't want to try and figure out when to order if I wanted to eat at x o'clock. I never waited very long in any line.

Steve Soares site is my go to for Live Entertainment at WDW... including meet and greets. https://www.wdwent.com/

Not sure if it's that hard to sign up entertainers or if Disney is just taking their time.

All great questions and unfortunately the answers will vary-as some are not very concrete answers.

What is the status of character meals, photos, autographs? Meet and greets/hugs are back but they're not at every location they were pre-covid, Yes, there are photos, no signatures that I've seen to date.

Is there housekeeping at the resorts? This really varies by resort and stay, per Disney it should be light service every other day but YMMV based on resort. We've had a few stays since the parks reopened in July 2020 and every trip had varying housekeeping service despite what the current policy was.

Are there fireworks/evening shows/parades- and where? Yes, there are also pop up cavalcades still which are fun. Check the MDE app or the flier when you get to the park for times.

Are park hours still 30min pre-park opening for onsite guests, extra evening hours for deluxe guests only? Yes, but extra evening hours at parks vary by date/park. Extended evening hours are not all parks and it's not ever day.

Are all the restaurants open, even the ones at resorts? What about buffets? Most, not all, I'd say it's hard to now think of still closed restaurants but they're out there. Not many buffets, but there are AYCTE but they just bring you the food instead.

Do you have to use mobile ordering at QS locations? No, but it does go faster than ordering at the register since there is usually only one register to order open.

Are all attractions open? Last summer Indiana Jones was dark, Lion King was limited, B&tB was closed. Yes, almost all attractions are back but there are exceptions like the Little Mermaid show at DHS. Here's what WDW has on that list
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/unavailable-entertainment/

Of course you also have refurbs going on too like the railroad at MK, here's the current refurb schedule
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/12/24/everything-that-will-be-closed-in-disney-world-in-2022/

Are parking lot trams running? Not all yet, only MK, Disney has said the other park trams are coming soon.
Have all the resorts re-opened? Yes

Are Bibbity Boppity and Pirates League back? I didn't think so...

Pirates League is not coming back. It was scheduled to close in Summer 2020 so it was closing anyway. BBB is still not back but it is coming back.

Was disappointed today no tumble monkeys and no aerial act at Lion King show. They were practicing with trans at AK but not using yet.

Chef Mickey's was essentially normal- they would sign autographs, hugs etc.
Tusker house characters would not sign, you just got the autograph card. Both restaurants are still family style and not buffet.

Princess meet at MK they would sign autographs, but no photopass photographers. (we didn't do many character meets this trip, and didn't really see many characters in the parks)

Jasmine meet in Epcot did have a photographer. Belle was out, but they had closed her line before we could get in it, so I didn't notice if she had a photographer. That was the only character we saw out.

We did find a lot of photographers about in the parks.

Was disappointed today no tumble monkeys and no aerial act at Lion King show. They were practicing with trans at AK but not using yet.
Bummer! I thought I read somewhere that the tumble monkeys were coming back soon...

Is it just hard to get the performers back?

Bummer! I thought I read somewhere that the tumble monkeys were coming back soon...

Is it just hard to get the performers back?
I think they are supposed to be back this summer/soon, but I'm guessing they need more time to train/rehearse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter