So what type of park bag is everyone using these days?

once hubby needed a scooter we went to using the basket as a catch all, put the safe foods I need to carry around and extra Sunscreen etc in a canvas bag that's easy to take out and carry into rides. The ponchos live in the back pocket of the scooter.
This has allowed me to wear a bag that made me happy while sewing it and brings lots of smiles to others. Since I created the pattern, my phone fits perfectly in a pocket under the flap, there's a pocket with a dome for my credit card and ID, and it's the exact height for my epi-pen.
It's a Donald Butt bag 😉
1336867992_MEDIUM.jpg
Every donald we encountered was thrilled to see himself but the one in animal kingdom insisted that it had to be flipped around for pictures because he was embarrassed about his butt hanging out there on display 😅

1344941595_MEDIUM.jpg

OP here just wanted to pop on and say that I appreciate people sharing what they are using. Gives me some good ideas.

I wanted to add that if I use a belt bag its being used as a belt bag not crossbody. If I wanted crossbody I'd just use my crossbody bags haha. I know I wouldn't be "trendy" but I'd wear it on my waist.

I also wanted to put this out there in case anyone is interested in it.
I'd say one of the best ways I went bagless was using one of the those stretchy fabric bands with pockets.
I think they one I have is called stash bandz.
The pros is that its pretty slim under your clothes, carries a lot, and doesn't feel weighed down.
But idk if I can get over the few cons to use it again which were it made my shorts wet with sweat, the items inside got damp with sweat, I couldn't carry my chap stick because it got melty, and its annoying when you go to the bathroom because you havet to pull it up and your shorts down and its just kind of awkward to do that.
But it was great to feel like I was bagless while still having my stuff.
Yep, as I said up thread, I go old school with the belt bag and wear it around my waist. Cross body bags hurt my shoulders.

I have a couple of the stash bandz. I don't use them any more because yep, sweat. And they are tight and really only hold my phone and maybe a charger. I use a brick charger most of the time so between that and my phone there is a lot poking out. I don't like having to lift my shirt to get something out and, well as you said, sweat. I used to use them to get around bag check since I wore sundresses with no pockets a lot and didn't like doing the bag check. I would put it under my dress until I got through security then go to the bathroom and wear it over my dress. I went through security once with it over my dress and the person at the first check point made me take it off, yes I had to shimmy that thing down over my hips and off, then go through bag check and all I had in it was my phone and a small wallet. The security guy at bag check just shook his head and waved me on. I stopped wearing sundresses soon after that and went to the skorts with pockets.

Depends on time of day and how sore my shoulders and back get. For the most part, we put our water bottles in y mom”s s otter basket, along with ponchos, cooling towels and anything we buy. I usually carry this small this small Kipling Frozen backpack to put extra insulin pump supplies, sunglasses, etc.

1710616367955.jpeg
But I also really love carrying the Lululemon City Adventurer 2.5 belt bag. It holds my sunglasses, power bank, phone, and meds.

1710616255624.jpeg
Would love to see if a loungefly works for me as I find them really cute. My worry is that the straps don’t look that comfortable!

Our kids used to use the Quechua mini backpacks, but for a few years now, we are: Bagless!!!

I use Vera Bradley sling bags , which I find much more comfortable for neck and shoulders than cross bodies or backpacks.

https://verabradley.com/collections...7bCWF1xLOqX-eSlB1TIaAp8REALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Pricey but love the patterns. I haven’t tried this style of sling bag before but will keep in mind for the future. I’m impressed they are less heavy on shoulders than typical crossbodies.

once hubby needed a scooter we went to using the basket as a catch all, put the safe foods I need to carry around and extra Sunscreen etc in a canvas bag that's easy to take out and carry into rides. The ponchos live in the back pocket of the scooter.
This has allowed me to wear a bag that made me happy while sewing it and brings lots of smiles to others. Since I created the pattern, my phone fits perfectly in a pocket under the flap, there's a pocket with a dome for my credit card and ID, and it's the exact height for my epi-pen.
It's a Donald Butt bag 😉
View attachment 842327
Every donald we encountered was thrilled to see himself but the one in animal kingdom insisted that it had to be flipped around for pictures because he was embarrassed about his butt hanging out there on display 😅

View attachment 842328
I absolutely totally love this!!! Insanely adorable. And practical too!

I use LeSportsac crossbodies - they are lightweight and washable, super easy to pack and carry everything I need. They have Disney collabs. If you are looking for a light, belt bag, Vera Bradley just came out with a Disney solids collection and they have belt bags. I got a crossbody version and I love it! Roomy but very lightweight.
Yes . I completely agree with the Vera Bradley belt bag. Light weight and functional.

Good discussion.

I just use whatever purse I have ay the moment. I have some Coach and Kate Spade small crossbody purses - either mini-totes or some are called phone cross bodies.. They are leather, most of them zip close.
They all hold a phone, lip gloss, license/credit card, small mirror and reading glasses. That's all I need really. Also my husband has a sling style backpack that he can hold the water or sunscreen.

Now that my DD is 13, we truly don't need to carry much at all, so I've casually mentioned to my family that I may go "bagless" this coming trip. They all thought it was horrible, yet I am the official bag carrier of the crew so I don't know why they get an opinion - haha.

That said, I'm old now and in my early trips in the 2000's the Bagallini Sling Messenger bag seemed to be all the rage - and I do love it for Disney. It's lightweight and I love that I can wear it like a backpack and it also has lots of pockets. I will almost definitely use it again on this trip for the daytime portion of the parks - phone, portable charger, sunscreen, ponchos, autograph book/whatever (if we go that route), hand sanitizer, and smarties (DH and I are both Type 1 diabetic).

However, we almost always go back to the resort for an afternoon break so I will most likely bring mine and DD's Lulu dupe crossbodies for evening purposes. I will leave the sunscreen and ponchos behind and go with the smaller bag.

My Bagallini is tan but here is a pic I found online of the same bag.

Attachments

• bagallini sling messenger bag.JPG
    bagallini sling messenger bag.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 5
My wife has a fanny pack that doesn't sit on her fanny but instead goes over her shoulder. She bought it for a trip and actually uses it now in place of a purse.

Then you have me. Even when I went solo, I'd just stuff my shorts pockets--camera in one, park pass in another, maybe some gum for a long line. My needs are pretty basic though and I try to avoid eating in parks unless it's a set mealtime because, well, I don't want my esophagus to become a Tower of Terror hahahahaha....

They really, really aren't. Fully loaded with a 21 oz water bottle filled to the brim with ice water it's still light as a feather.

Hmmmm..will have to consider a mini Loungefly (or a knock off) in the future. They really are insanely cute.

I am a Pooh sized gal that goes solo most of the time. Fanny packs look atrocious on me! I use a Kipling crossbody, as I like to be able to grab what I need without removing a backpack. I carry my iPad Mini so I have something to do in the queues. I also carry my phone, a little essentials pouch with nail file, Advil, meds, tweezers, blister bandages, and a eyeglass screwdriver. Plus, Kleenex, handiwipes, my travel wallet, sunglasses, reading glasses, a small tube of sunscreen, and a lipstick. And a rain poncho if heavy rain is forecasted.

I like the Baggalini triple zip bag. It converts from a crossbody bag to a waist bag. The largest zipped area holds my Kindle paperwhite and phone. I can put my wallet and a battery back-up. A couple of other small items.
https://www.baggallini.com/triple-zip-bagg/TRZ419-BGR.html?dwvar_TRZ419-BGR_color=Nightfall Floral

I also a Baggalini messanger sling bag that I haven't used in a long time. I wanted to go with something smaller and like the triple zip best so far. Considering purchasing a 2nd in a different color.

There's also the Take Two Bryant Crossbody bag - thinner/smaller than the triple zip. I'm considering getting this one as well: https://www.baggallini.com/take-two...01-BG.html?dwvar_TBR401-BG_color=Pink Blossom

Here lately the Vera Bradley sling back. But I'm going back to bagless. My shoulder and back started hurting after 3 days. So yeah, back to bagless for me. Rain forecasted days a small backpack or my VB crossbody.

Everyone carries their own stuff at the parks. It's amazing what they don't need if they have to carry it. SMH!

Years and years ago, a bright green bagallini or a bright green Mickey paint sample on a bag was one way DISers were able to find each other. Which was fun to do. Kind of sad that went by the wayside.

I carry a Star Wars Loungefly. It is bigger than the usual loungefly bags. Has 3 compartments. And if I get tired of carrying it, my dh and ds are happy to since it’s Star Wars.

Attachments

• IMG_2565.jpeg
    IMG_2565.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2566.jpeg
    IMG_2566.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter