Soarin tour for members at Epcot

The DVC website says no tours Dec. 23 or 30th both of which are Fridays not Wed. Is this just a print error? We were hoping for 12/21 but guessing no tour due to Christmas weeks.

You are probably right that they meant to say for that week.

The only problem is my son is only 10. so I have to go in the tour by myself. Good thing is the tour will be at 8 am. The park will open at 9 am. Maybe we can beat the rope drop crowd for Test Track after?? maybe? but then again I will be by myself without the rest of the family.

Does anyone know if it will be available in January? I didn't see it on the event calendar when I checked- it was only until the end of December.
I have to flip our HS/Epcot days to do it since my friend didn't buy park hopper tickets and don't want to move everything around if there isn't even a tour that day.

Does anyone know if it will be available in January? I didn't see it on the event calendar when I checked- it was only until the end of December.
I have to flip our HS/Epcot days to do it since my friend didn't buy park hopper tickets and don't want to move everything around if there isn't even a tour that day.

As I posted, per MS they are still loading the dates.

:earsboy: Bill

Cool beans. Just set an alarm to call MS on the 18th (along with all of the rest of ya'll)!! :rotfl:

So, if the tour is from 8am to 9am, will you be able to enter the park prior to 8am at either the main entrance or international gateway, and will bus/monorail service be operating early enough to get you to the park before 8am? They usually say bus service starts 1 hour prior to park opening, but that wouldn't be early enough.

So, if the tour is from 8am to 9am, will you be able to enter the park prior to 8am at either the main entrance or international gateway, and will bus/monorail service be operating early enough to get you to the park before 8am? They usually say bus service starts 1 hour prior to park opening, but that wouldn't be early enough.

Per various Transportation CMs on the DIS, bus service to the parks routinely starts at 6:30 AM. People have to get to PPO ADRs! And the main entrance and IG open early for the same reason.

Just changed my Wednesday Boma reservation to Tuesday for our Feb trip to make room for this. :)

I'm going in October. Does anyone know if they are taking reservations that far into the future? I don't want to spend time calling just to be told that is too far away.

I'm miffed about what the tour will be? I mean other than riding the attraction I just can't see *what* there is to tour. :o

MG

But what is backstage? And call me ignorant, but I don't really see the history aspect either.

MG

Areas that the public never sees, behind the screen, the design of the lift system, the smellers, filming of the new movie, maybe even how many guests have experienced the ride.

:earsboy: Bill

But what is backstage? And call me ignorant, but I don't really see the history aspect either.

MG

Not sure why you're miffed as you said in another post? Since it's FREE you have nothing to lose besides an hour of your time if you book it for yourself on your next trip. Then you can see for yourself exactly what's involved. It's like booking the Keys to the Kingdom tour or something similar - you're going behind the scenes to see how stuff works. Except this one is free.

You mean something FREE at WDW? I'm there! And if you find out that you can book as far away as October, let me know. That's when we're going, and I'd book it.

My daughter worked at Soarin before the refurbishment. It's so interesting to hear some of the backstage things that you and I as guests never get to see! ;)

Not sure why you're miffed as you said in another post? Since it's FREE you have nothing to lose besides an hour of your time if you book it for yourself on your next trip. Then you can see for yourself exactly what's involved. It's like booking the Keys to the Kingdom tour or something similar - you're going behind the scenes to see how stuff works. Except this one is free.
Yeah, apparently I'm missing the big picture on this one. Behind the scenes on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and others I understand. Soarin'..?? What exactly is there?? A movie projector and an electric motor to lift a chairlift??
I'm not trying to be a wise guy here. I'm completely serious. Someone who does this please report back about what I'm missing.

MG

Trolling or is Soarin' just not enough imagineering and too much engineering for your taste?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter