• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin

Which Disney World Soarin' Soundtrack is better?

• Soarin'

Votes: 41 91.1%
  • Soarin' Around the World

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

By FAR the original Soarin’ was better. Not just the huge distortion from any seat but dead center, but the glaring CGI (especially the elephants) really distracts mefrom the entire experience. To me, they took away about 80% os the thrill. I don’t miss the dancing black blobs of dust in the original, though.

Let's start at the beginning. Patrick. So much love for Patrick. When those National Car Rental commercials come on .... Patrick! Then....as PPs have noted, if I'm not dead-on center (which has not yet happened with SAW), I just fear for the people of Paris because that tower is leaning so far over. And the people of Utah have it even worse. Those rocks are gonna fall! Even though some of the visuals are beautiful, it is clearly obvious that it's CGI. Hate that. The world itself is gorgeous...it doesn't need enhancement or Faux Polar Bears. (Though, when she looks straight at me...gotta admit, I love that.) HATE, HATE and Triple HATE every "Transition". It's too loud, abrupt and unnecessary. Hate the hawk...or eagle...or falcon the most, with the small plane a close second. I just believe that Disney, with its amazing nature movies and environmental devotion, could have done much better. This looks like a college presentation. Good, but not great. Well.... you asked!

By FAR the original Soarin’ was better. Not just the huge distortion from any seat but dead center, but the glaring CGI (especially the elephants) really distracts mefrom the entire experience. To me, they took away about 80% os the thrill. I don’t miss the dancing black blobs of dust in the original, though.

I just can’t believe the distortion... I understand the limitations of the screen, but then don’t pick images that exacerbate that distortion.

And I hate the CGI. It makes me feel like I’m just watching a movie v. feeling like I’m there.

Add me to the list of those that miss the original.
But then I'm also still crying over Spectromagic......

The older version tended to be a little easier on the eyes than the new one. Also not a fan of the blatent CGI in the new films. Still, I do enjoy it, but I'm partial to the original.

Yet, every WDW person hated the original because it ended in Disneyland and not WDW.

Guess I'm the minority. I enjoyed the original, but love SAW much better. To me, IMHO, the original felt like I was watching one of those old filmstrips they used in to show in school when I was younger. The updated SAW just feels more modern and more of an experience.

This is about the soundtrack and not the actual video, right?

Soundtrack wise I feel they did a really nice job in the new one to add elements of the other cultures instruments and musical values, but I still get chills and the occasional tear when listening to the old one. And not just because it's gone. Every time I rode it. It would take too long to dive into the nuance of what I loved about the changes that went with the different parts of California but they were just amazingly subtle yet obvious. A masterpiece.

I often think (as a composer) what I would give to be able to say "yeah, that Soarin'? That was me." And know that it plays thousands and thousands of times and still holds up.

Yet, every WDW person hated the original because it ended in Disneyland and not WDW.
Not sure just who "every WDW person" refers to, but apparently they didn't grasp the concept of Soarin over California

Not me! I am SOarin over Cali so I want DLR.

Add me to the list of those that miss the original.
But then I'm also still crying over Spectromagic......

Me too.

I did not vote because I honestly cannot remember the soundtrack for SAW. Hmm.... maybe that says it all because I can "hear" the original at any time I think about it.

I think the original question is about the soundtrack, but since this has kind of evolved into in general, I loved Soarin' Over California. The World one is cool but the California one was better, and I especially missed it while at DCA (which seems to be removing the unique California elements one by one, but that's another story).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter