Socks for June that won't break the bank

I discovered the most amazing anti-blister socks. After limping out of the parks far too many times, I started buying Wright double layer anti blister socks and seldom have problems anymore. I sometimes picked some up on clearance off Ebay. They are not cheap but are worth it. The socks are made with two layers so one stays put next to your feet and the other moves with the shoe. i find that expensive socks are usually worth it because they tend to last so long.

It's been months since I bought them, but I want to say it was a 5-pack of men's black shorty socks for $12 or $15. I'm pretty sure I had a discount since it was my first time buying anything from the Outlet; it brought them down to about $10 for the 5-pack, which is a pretty good price.

That's a great price. I'll have to check it out!

I discovered the most amazing anti-blister socks. After limping out of the parks far too many times, I started buying Wright double layer anti blister socks and seldom have problems anymore. I sometimes picked some up on clearance off Ebay. They are not cheap but are worth it. The socks are made with two layers so one stays put next to your feet and the other moves with the shoe. i find that expensive socks are usually worth it because they tend to last so long.
I've never heard of 2 layer socks. I need to look into that.

I've never heard of 2 layer socks. I need to look into that.
I have some two-layer socks. I can't think of the name brand, but they're very pretty with bright fancy patterns (also some masculine patterns) and I buy them at Dick's Sporting Goods. They're pretty expensive, but they often go on sale BOGOF around Christmas -- my husband and I like to give them to our parents with a gift card tucked in.

They're very thick. I wear them around the house in the winter, but they don't fit into my shoes. The only negative: they take longer in the dryer; I often end up leaving them to lie flat on top of the dryer.

Getting back to the theme of this thread, two-layer socks would be a mistake in June.

It's all going to come down to why are you getting blisters. I run and I know at what mileage my toes are going to get annoyed and the pads will start to blister because they lay funny. Seams are also a huge issue for me whether I'm running or walking, they hate my little toes. I found wigwam socks when Target briefly sold them as one of their "things". The seams are on the outside of the sock rather than against the toes. Previous to these I'd been wearing my socks inside out when I ran.

I've tried the two layer socks and all it did was make my feet slide around and cause more issues rather than solve any. The inside layer stayed snug to my foot and the outer layer didn't so my foot moved around inside the outer layer.

I totally agree on the body glide. I use the foot glide/blister blocker when I wear sandals and it's fantastic. I use the anti chaffing cream on my toes and the balls of my feet when I run over 6 miles. It can be used in other areas. It's better than the blister block because it's a thick cream and will last longer than the blister stick will with the socks. You can buy it on amazon.

The shoes you wear will also be important as they could be part of the issue vs the socks.

It's all going to come down to why are you getting blisters. I run and I know at what mileage my toes are going to get annoyed and the pads will start to blister because they lay funny. Seams are also a huge issue for me whether I'm running or walking, they hate my little toes. I found wigwam socks when Target briefly sold them as one of their "things". The seams are on the outside of the sock rather than against the toes. Previous to these I'd been wearing my socks inside out when I ran.

I've tried the two layer socks and all it did was make my feet slide around and cause more issues rather than solve any. The inside layer stayed snug to my foot and the outer layer didn't so my foot moved around inside the outer layer.

I totally agree on the body glide. I use the foot glide/blister blocker when I wear sandals and it's fantastic. I use the anti chaffing cream on my toes and the balls of my feet when I run over 6 miles. It can be used in other areas. It's better than the blister block because it's a thick cream and will last longer than the blister stick will with the socks. You can buy it on amazon.

The shoes you wear will also be important as they could be part of the issue vs the socks.

My main issue is the back side of the ankle. It happens with different shoes. I was thinking better socks would keep the shoe from rubbing that spot so much.

My main issue is the back side of the ankle. It happens with different shoes. I was thinking better socks would keep the shoe from rubbing that spot so much.

It's probably the shoes or the way they are tied. There are several different ways to tie shoes, you may want to look into that. Otherwise I'd try body glide or a big enough bandaid. Moleskin on thr shoe probably wouldn't help.

When shoes fit properly they shouldn't rub anywhere. If your foot moves in your shoe, even if you don't realize it is, a different pair of socks won't help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter