Solo and Unleashed!

Nice weekend TR Jen! You really crammed a bunch of stuff in to that short amount of time!

As always, I'm a fan of your pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Jen, I have to admit that I didn't understand what a lot of the pictures were because I haven't read a single Harry Potter book or seen even a snippet of any of the movies. But, it all does look very cool and I could definitely appreciate the theming. I still want to get over to Universal one day and see everything that's been added/changed since we were there so many years ago.

I envy you this whole entire trip. I'm so glad you had a good time.

I keep telling my husband that I would like to go away by myself sometime, just like an extended weekend or something, but he gets so hurt looking and seems so offended, that I just drop it. I have way more vacation time then he does and my mother lives with us and could easily help with the children. Someday, I hope I will just be able to tell him "I'm going and that's that".

Nice weekend TR Jen! You really crammed a bunch of stuff in to that short amount of time!

As always, I'm a fan of your pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

Jen, I have to admit that I didn't understand what a lot of the pictures were because I haven't read a single Harry Potter book or seen even a snippet of any of the movies. But, it all does look very cool and I could definitely appreciate the theming. I still want to get over to Universal one day and see everything that's been added/changed since we were there so many years ago.

Has Hunter at least read them or saw the movies? Please tell me you have at least one family member to save your grace!!!! :faint:

I envy you this whole entire trip. I'm so glad you had a good time.

I keep telling my husband that I would like to go away by myself sometime, just like an extended weekend or something, but he gets so hurt looking and seems so offended, that I just drop it. I have way more vacation time then he does and my mother lives with us and could easily help with the children. Someday, I hope I will just be able to tell him "I'm going and that's that".

I love traveling alone. It is nice to meet up with people, but to be your own person and do what you want...and not have to worry if someone needs a bath or to eat...etc. :rotfl:

Probably not for a few years yet. I am not sure I am ready to take an infant to Disney. :rotfl2:

Aw but she needs some of those baby princess outfits then at least :goodvibes

Boo to the end of the trip but great reporting :thumbsup2

Great updates! Sounds like you really packed a lot into this trip!

THe new interactive wands - do they sell them several places, or only at the wand shop? DS has a regular HP wand, but if we go there next year, I know he's going to want a new one! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Jen. I enjoyed following along. Glad you made it home safely. And it's always nice to have another trip to look forward to so soon.

Oh, how I love your trip reports!

We went to Hogsmeade last year and Universal was a bit to wild for Hope. In a few years we'll go back so I can see Diagon Alley.

I live in the south and I have always loved corn on the cob. The first time Dave took me to Ohio and we had corn, I was floored. I mean, it's just fantastic.

And congrats on the grandbaby. I still can't believe Paige was smiling for pics while she was in labor.:thumbsup2

Aw but she needs some of those baby princess outfits then at least :goodvibes

Boo to the end of the trip but great reporting :thumbsup2

She does have a few things! ;)

Great updates! Sounds like you really packed a lot into this trip!

THe new interactive wands - do they sell them several places, or only at the wand shop? DS has a regular HP wand, but if we go there next year, I know he's going to want a new one! :thumbsup2

I think only the want shops as I know they really try to keep the whole area authentic.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Jen. I enjoyed following along. Glad you made it home safely. And it's always nice to have another trip to look forward to so soon.

It was nice coming home knowing I had another trip in a month. I am going in now to remove my ticker and kind of bummed that I can't put a new one up now. :rotfl:

Oh, how I love your trip reports!

It's been a while since I have seen you!

We went to Hogsmeade last year and Universal was a bit to wild for Hope. In a few years we'll go back so I can see Diagon Alley.

do you have a TR about it? I hope you enjoyed your time there as much as you could.

I live in the south and I have always loved corn on the cob. The first time Dave took me to Ohio and we had corn, I was floored. I mean, it's just fantastic.

Ohio has great sweetcorn. I never understand why restaurants even tried to serve it...it's never as good.

And congrats on the grandbaby. I still can't believe Paige was smiling for pics while she was in labor.:thumbsup2

Believe me, Paige had some moments of tears before she got the epidural. She really is a good kid and usually good spirited and I hated seeing her in pain. Now that she has her baby she said it was worth all that pain.

Just finished reading your TR, I had started back when you first started it but then went and using your handy dandy links, finished the rest of it today.

So glad you were able to get on the Mine train! We got to ride it on our recent trip and it was really fun!

The Villain party looked fun, but crazy that they didn't have enough merchandise or even Maps! They had to have known it would be popular.

It was neat to see the Universal and Harry Potter stuff, I haven't been to U.S. since before IOA was finished. I'll have to get back there at some point. I don't know much about Harry Potter but those areas looked really cool.

Just finished reading your TR, I had started back when you first started it but then went and using your handy dandy links, finished the rest of it today.

So glad you were able to get on the Mine train! We got to ride it on our recent trip and it was really fun!

The Villain party looked fun, but crazy that they didn't have enough merchandise or even Maps! They had to have known it would be popular.

It was neat to see the Universal and Harry Potter stuff, I haven't been to U.S. since before IOA was finished. I'll have to get back there at some point. I don't know much about Harry Potter but those areas looked really cool.

The Mine Train was so much fun! I wish the line wasn't so darn long so I could've went again.

They should be prepared for things like the Villains party, but someone at Disney must've forgotten their brain. They really seem to be doing some not so smart things lately.

I love Harry Potter and the area really is fantastic.

The parties I find to be fun but my god why do they oversell them so much. All I hear don FB about this one was how oversold it was. Still mad I didn't get to go. LOl.

LOL. Trying to exit the Dolphin.

Nice you got to ride the Mine train.

Nice pics on POTC.

Room looks nice. I love taking the soaps and shampoos from resorts. LOl.

Now I can go for Margaritaville. LOL.

BTTF was a great ride.

I cannot wait to ride that next year. I just did the tour in London and loved it and am so excited to see this now.

The Mummy scared me. LOL. it is fun though.

Cool train ride.

Great you got on Forbidden Journey quickly.

Congrats again on being a Grandma.

Diagon Alley is pretty at night.

Great report and pics. Thanks for sharing.

The parties I find to be fun but my god why do they oversell them so much. All I hear don FB about this one was how oversold it was. Still mad I didn't get to go. LOl.

And this party wasn't even sold out either. It really wasn't set upr right either. :confused3

LOL. Trying to exit the Dolphin.

Nice you got to ride the Mine train.

I was so happy to have that chance.

Nice pics on POTC.

Room looks nice. I love taking the soaps and shampoos from resorts. LOl.

Me too! :rolleyes1

Now I can go for Margaritaville. LOL.

BTTF was a great ride.

The best!

I cannot wait to ride that next year. I just did the tour in London and loved it and am so excited to see this now.

Now I am jealous of that!

The Mummy scared me. LOL. it is fun though.

Cool train ride.

Great you got on Forbidden Journey quickly.

Congrats again on being a Grandma.

Thanks

Diagon Alley is pretty at night.

Great report and pics. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading along! I need to go get caught up on yours!

:worship: Great trip and great report!!!

I went back and read the previous update, back in Jurassic Park, Toon Lagoon and Marvel Island.

Wait, what?!? King Kong? I haven't been over to the US boards much, I really need to since we will be going in Feb.

I went on the original KK ride at US. OMG, I think we were in line for 2 hours!

I love your pictures of Mythos as you were headed back to Hogsmeade.

Your pictures of Diagon Alley are spectacular!!!

I think we will end up with an interactive wand. We have two regular wands- one is Nate's and one is Ben's, but Ben sat on his and it got bent. I may see if they let me replace it and use it towards the purchase of a new one. You don't know until you ask, and the areas are full of magic...

:wizard:

We have been on two trips to US/IoA (July) but we have never seen MIB lit up or the night time show. Now going in the winter with it getting dark earlier we may get a chance.

Heading over to your cruise report.

:sail:

:worship: Great trip and great report!!!

I went back and read the previous update, back in Jurassic Park, Toon Lagoon and Marvel Island.

Wait, what?!? King Kong? I haven't been over to the US boards much, I really need to since we will be going in Feb.

I went on the original KK ride at US. OMG, I think we were in line for 2 hours!

I rode it way back then too. I think 2 or 3 times total. but the first time was a 2 hour wait too. I am excited to see what they do over there.

I love your pictures of Mythos as you were headed back to Hogsmeade.

Your pictures of Diagon Alley are spectacular!!!

I think we will end up with an interactive wand. We have two regular wands- one is Nate's and one is Ben's, but Ben sat on his and it got bent. I may see if they let me replace it and use it towards the purchase of a new one. You don't know until you ask, and the areas are full of magic...

:wizard:

I agree. it won't hurt to ask. I have a feeling when we go with Claire again we will be getting one too.

We have been on two trips to US/IoA (July) but we have never seen MIB lit up or the night time show. Now going in the winter with it getting dark earlier we may get a chance.

Heading over to your cruise report.

:sail:

I have never been at night either, so it was neat to see it lit up. I wish I could've seen Hogwarts lit too but I only had so much time.

OK, I'm officially all caught up on all of your trip reports ....... so stop posting for a few days, ok? :lmao:

Just kidding. The Universal experience really looks outstanding. Thank you for the detailed photos taking me from one park to the other and back again.

The bank looks outstanding. And that dragon? Amazing. LOVE the photos of it breathing fire. Katie would love this to pieces.

You really did make the most of that extra day. Who would have thought that you could squeeze so much fun new excitement into one day?

I loved your quick trip solo getaway. It was so fun following along and seeing all your pictures.

That car DID get great gas mileage, didn't it? It was like a toy but the gas mileage was outstanding.

Ahhhhhh- back to reality. Don't blame you at all for getting that pizza! :rotfl:

OK, I'm officially all caught up on all of your trip reports ....... so stop posting for a few days, ok? :lmao:

Oh my...you were behind!

Just kidding. The Universal experience really looks outstanding. Thank you for the detailed photos taking me from one park to the other and back again.

I really enjoyed my day there.

The bank looks outstanding. And that dragon? Amazing. LOVE the photos of it breathing fire. Katie would love this to pieces.

The dragon is so neat...the whole area really is.

You really did make the most of that extra day. Who would have thought that you could squeeze so much fun new excitement into one day?

I was sure tired that night though!

I loved your quick trip solo getaway. It was so fun following along and seeing all your pictures.

That car DID get great gas mileage, didn't it? It was like a toy but the gas mileage was outstanding.

Ahhhhhh- back to reality. Don't blame you at all for getting that pizza! :rotfl:

It was a nice little get away.
It was like a toy car. For just me it was fine and I was laughing about how little gas it used.

I finished! I just saw the baby pics congrats grandma! We went to Disney and Universal over thanksgiving we loved the Diagon Alley my mom can't wait to go back there. I would absolutely love to take a solo trip and be able to do everything at my own pace and take my time and take pictures they way I want without everyone yelling at me to hurry up.
So is the Princess cruise the next one I should read?

I finished! I just saw the baby pics congrats grandma! We went to Disney and Universal over thanksgiving we loved the Diagon Alley my mom can't wait to go back there. I would absolutely love to take a solo trip and be able to do everything at my own pace and take my time and take pictures they way I want without everyone yelling at me to hurry up.
So is the Princess cruise the next one I should read?

I do like my solo time. It was nice because I got to meet up with my friend.
Yes the princess one was next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter