Solo for a few hours only - what to do?

texmom

Earning My Ears
Hi all- I'm a new poster and am hoping for some Disney advice!

I'm going to be at WDW in December for eight days with DH, DS 9, DD 6, and DS 5. DH and I have agreed to each take kids for about half a day to let each other have solo time and a break!

Okay, here's the big question...if all of you only had 4-6 hours to be solo, what would you choose to do? I was thinking of the keys to the kingdom tour but wanted to see what you all have done and loved the best. We have AP's and this is our third trip this year but my first chance to be solo for a bit.

Thanks in advance!

First, welcome to the DIS and the Adult and Solo Board.

Taking a tour is a good idea if you've wanted to do that in the past. That is one of those things that you wouldn't be able to do with children under 16.

I don't have any specific suggestions in that what to do with that time is dependent on your personal preferences. Some would want to stay at that hotel and lay by the pool, others would want to hit the shows and still others go on rides. I'd suggest listing all the things that you've wanted to do but couldn't do with the children with you. Or places that you've been but wanted to spend more time exploring when the children were ready to move on to the next thing. It's time to stop and smell the roses without someone yelling "come on"!

Hi Texmom, welcome to the DIS, I'm really glad you found us :)

I haven't experienced any of the tours. I can't seem to pull myself away from the parks to do the tours. I think I would enjoy the "Dolphins in Depth" though or the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour.

You will find a little information about all of the tour offerings <b>HERE</b>

When is your trip in December?

I did that the last time we were there and I took off for 4 hours by myself while dh had the kids, I went to Epcot and I just walked and rode anything I wanted to do , I rode spaceship earth taking everything in , I did the same thing with the rest of the park, just having time to myself , I enjoyed the park and took everything in, I really enjoyed doing that!!

Thanks for the welcome and the input! Our trip is from Dec 7-15th. We have never been at Christmas time before, so another possibility for "my time" would be to resort hop to look at decorations. Any resorts particularly fun?

I would love to do a tour but we are already splurging for the Neverland Club (all three kids requested it as one of their top three choices in all of Disney World) and I was trying to find some cheaper ideas.

Any ideas are welcome:) Thanks again!

I would do the World Showcase, no doubt.

For resorts... the Grand Fla is a DO NOT MISS during Christmas. My personal favorite overall is the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and I know a lot of people here are in love with the Wilderness Lodge.

Hey! I know... do a few highlights of the World Showcase then hop over to the Boardwalk for some shopping & resort hopping.

I think you will be wishing you had more solo time!

Hey, Texmom. I'll be there until late afternoon 12/11. Perhaps we will meet :)

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! I will probably end up going with your suggestions and doing either world showcase (my kids aren't too fond of that) or resort/Boardwalk hopping!

I am hoping that the Santas in World Showcase will get me a little more kid time there though! I "suggested" to my DS's teacher that his Disney project be a scrapbook of pictures/facts about how different countries celebrate Christmas. I always ask the teachers to give my kids an assignment to do while there since missing school for vacation is a privilege. My kids are so thankful! LOL

Thanks again for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter