Solo Holiday to Disney World

Currently single in my 30s and will be doing a solo holiday trip as well, restaurants booked all days. However, I will be local soon to WDW, but since I cannot get a pass unfortunately, I have to settle for 4-5 day tix. More excited to live next to the magic soon which means I'll prob be doing lot of solo trips to the parks allll the time.

It's honestly more about celebrating YOU. Forget anyone else. Don't worry about dining alone either, as usually you would be the one paying anyway, so you'll get to save money and splurge on anything you want. Celebrate!

You know, every year I like to buy myself a present because all my friends and family give sucky gifts, so this year I'm buying myself the ultimate Christmas present... a DVC contract! So hoping my resale goes through in time to book a 4-5 day xmas trip solo. If things stay the way they are, there should be plenty of availability. So you should think about treating yourself a nice xmas gift, whether it's the trip itself, or do all fine dining for meals.

Bottom line is: celebrate YOU. Life is short. If friends and family cant join you, then go have fun. Since my fam is out of state, they wouldn't even consider me coming home for Thanksgiving or Xmas knowing I'll be living in Orlando because they know where I should be. They would just ask, why would you wanna come home for xmas when you can be at WDW!?!?.

Last edited:
Currently single in my 30s and will be doing a solo holiday trip as well, restaurants booked all days. However, I will be local soon to WDW, but since I cannot get a pass unfortunately, I have to settle for 4-5 day tix. More excited to live next to the magic soon which means I'll prob be doing lot of solo trips to the parks allll the time.

It's honestly more about celebrating YOU. Forget anyone else. Don't worry about dining alone either, as usually you would be the one paying anyway, so you'll get to save money and splurge on anything you want. Celebrate!

You know, every year I like to buy myself a present because all my friends and family give sucky gifts, so this year I'm buying myself the ultimate Christmas present... a DVC contract! So hoping my resale goes through in time to book a 4-5 day xmas trip solo. If things stay the way they are, there should be plenty of availability. So you should think about treating yourself a nice xmas gift, whether it's the trip itself, or do all fine dining for meals.

Bottom line is: celebrate YOU. Life is short. If friends and family cant join you, then go have fun. Since my fam is out of state, they wouldn't even consider me coming home for Thanksgiving or Xmas knowing I'll be living in Orlando because they know where I should be. They would just ask, why would you wanna come home for xmas when you can be at WDW!?!?.

Haha I am doing the same thing with a DVC purchase for myself! I'm in my early 30s and my partner isn't a huge Disney fan so this was a gift to myself. Not getting to travel during COVID made me think this was an even better idea 🤣😂

Haha I am doing the same thing with a DVC purchase for myself! I'm in my early 30s and my partner isn't a huge Disney fan so this was a gift to myself. Not getting to travel during COVID made me think this was an even better idea 🤣😂
Hell yeah!!! Cant wait to join the DVC fam. Next year, I'll prob buy direct. I feel weird getting all these points just for me, single, no kids, but life is short. Time to enjoy life. Plus, I can always rent out or give away rooms to friends and fam and pay for dues

Hello all,

I have been on holidays to Disney World many times growing up with either family members or a past relationship but unfortunately now my family members cannot travel due to health reasons and I have been happily single for 2+ years now. I have realised during the pandemic that what I really need to be able to look forward to is another trip to see Mickey.

My question is... would you recommend that I, a 28m, a highly introverted, a very Northern UK based singleton should take the plunge and go by myself? Would this be strange? I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who is in/ who has been in a similar situation and how they found their trip?

Any advice and thoughts are very welcome :)

Thanks
Absolutely! I am currently waiting very impatiently for my next solo trip! I am married and have enjoyed many great trips with my husband but he like to go once every couple of years and that just isn’t often enough for me! I’m also very introverted but just live the Disney magic. Oddly enough I find it much more relaxing when I’m on my own since I can do what I want, when I want. I was initially a little worried about certain experiences such as eating alone but decided to bite the bullet and book some table service meals. I didn’t notice anyone looking at me oddly and I think I actually got better service than ever. I always have a book with me so if I ever felt awkward I’d just pull my book out. I haven’t plucked up the courage to do any character meals yet but that’s probably just because I find them slightly awkward even when not alone. To cut an ridiculously long response short- go for it! Worse case scenario is that it doesn’t quite meet your expectations and you don’t do it again but if you’re anything like me, it will be the first of many happy trips!

I am also from the north (ish) of England, but a little older, and I was also lucky enough to visit Disney several times as a child and teenager. I've just booked my first solo trip for next February for the Princess half marathon weekend, and I'm really looking forward to many aspects of the trip (too many to mention that have already been mentioned many times in these threads).

Is it because you are a man travelling solo to a place full of children and families that you are hesitant? A few years ago my nephew's dad joined us later in the holiday and he was grilled at MCO about why he would be travelling alone to Disney world. But beyond that, I can't see why it would be a problem. If you're embarrassed or concerned about people's reactions during your trip, just tell a little fib (my friend is unwell/tired/we've fallen out etc), as you're unlikely to see people again if you're just chatting to a stranger in a queue. If you feel uncomfortable, try a split stay so people don't 'notice' you're travelling alone.

I know that feeling of desperation to visit WDW, which is why after several years away I've taken the plunge to join the 10K and make an solo 11 day trip out of it. I say go for it if it's what you really want to do. Life is too short, as many people have sadly found out recently.
I’m travelling from the uk as a solo traveller too. I’m really looking forward to my first ever Disney run! Have you raced there before? I wanted to do the 10k but unfortunately that’s the day I fly home so had to settle for the 5k.

Yes, You should come...

I really can't see any reason not to...

I'm a local, and while I am married, and have kids and grandkids... I treat myself to a day in one of the parks all alone all the time... especially during the Arts Festival, and Flower and Garden... It's nice to just meander around, and just take your time, and enjoy the parks... and single rider line is always a plus... I can spend a day just looking at all the decorations during Halloween and Christmas...

Lying next to the pool a reading a book, is nice... really nice...

If you don't like to sit a table to eat alone, then sit at the bar....

We meet people all the time who are alone and we chat with them... so don't be afraid to start a conversation with someone while standing in line..

See you real soon...

I am an introvert also, and I absolutely LOVE my solo trips to WDW. Everyone else is so busy having fun that very few notice you, unless you want to chat with someone in line, or on a ride. With your British "accent" you could be very popular! The only thing I am uncomfortable with is eating by myself. So I rarely do sit-down dining in restaurants. Instead I do quick service food and find a quiet table to eat and people watch. I have done 8 solo trips now, and look forward to my next in December. Have fun!!!
Is there a particular place you stay? I‘m concerned with feeling safe if I go alone.

I experienced WDW for the first time solo in my late 20s as well. If this is something you want to do, I urge you not to waste any time and do it!

I’m also introverted, and live five hours away by plane (though I am from the US). I now have no issue with sit down restaurants or doing anything else at WDW. My time at WDW has inspired me to take on other solo trips too, when there has been the opportunity, and I’ve gone to London, Munich, and Paris. I hope to make it to Tokyo too, and a return to Paris to see the European resort someday.

As for safety, WDW is very safe. While I would not hesitate to recommend an off-site resort, staying on-site could be a good decision if there is any hesitation, as all of your transportation is available from Disney (even airport transfer, until next year, that is) and there are plenty of people around at most hours of the operating day.

Hello all,

I have been on holidays to Disney World many times growing up with either family members or a past relationship but unfortunately now my family members cannot travel due to health reasons and I have been happily single for 2+ years now. I have realised during the pandemic that what I really need to be able to look forward to is another trip to see Mickey.

My question is... would you recommend that I, a 28m, a highly introverted, a very Northern UK based singleton should take the plunge and go by myself? Would this be strange? I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who is in/ who has been in a similar situation and how they found their trip?

Any advice and thoughts are very welcome :)

Thanks
My husband died 26 years ago and my kids are grown and have kids of their own.Most of my friends are married so I travel by myself all the time.I feel completely safe at Disneyworld,I can eat when I want to,I can ride whatever ride I want to,and I can arrive and leave the park when I want.Always a fantastic vacation.

It can seem strange to think that Disney World can be a great place for solos as it seems to family oriented...but honestly I've found it to be probably the best spot for solo travelers anywhere in the world.
There are quite a few other solo travelers in the Disney parks, and even a lot of people traveling WITH family who split off on their own to do things the rest of the family may not be interested in - so seeing people wandering on their own is not at all unusual. Most people in the parks are rushing to get to the next ride or reservation, are absorbed with the visuals around them, or are concentrating on their families, to even care or notice if a traveler is solo.
There are tons of restaurant options for quick bites and counter service for those not wanting to do sit-down meals alone...and there are quite a few restaurants with bar seating for dinner which can be great for someone not wanting to sit at a table alone. Or you can just not care and grab a table on your own - I can promise no one will notice or care - I've done it dozens of times.
The large crowds and diverse mix of people can be great for an introvert - you don't have to talk or interact with anyone if you don't want to, and if you decide to, you'll usually get as much or as little conversation as you want - you may find it helps you out of your shell a bit if you want it to - any worries or embarrassment over chatting or being a little more extroverted will fade quickly - in those crowds, it's highly unlikely you'll ever see the same people again so you can be a little more conversational than you might otherwise be in your local life.
Being from the UK, you'll even have a leg up if you do decide to open your mouth, as many Americans are anglophiles and will light up when they hear an accent from there - they wouldn't know a Yorkie from a Geordie from a Brummie from a Scouse from a Cocknie or any non-regional standard accent - if it's any UK accent, most will love to chat with you...if you want to!
Most of all, when solo, you can do what you want, when you want and can always decide how many or how few people you want to interact with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter