• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo Trip - This will be awkward

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Heading down to Universal for a few days in September. Going to meet up with friends who live in the area at night and go to City Walk, but as an AP holder, obviously going to the parks during the day. How weird will it look for a 40 year old man to go on the Cat in the Hat and Seuss Trolley Ride by himself? What can I say? I love Dr. Seuss. :rolleyes1

I’m over 40 and do my trips solo

And do cat in the hat ride ( and trolley ride) solo all the time

Never thought anything strange about it

It’s not weird to me

I’ve done both solo before. The Dr. Seus area is one of my favorite parts of Universal. It is so well themed and very whimsical. I could never do a trip to Universal and skip it.

I have to be honest, the Cat in the Hat was a bit awkward for me, but once I got past that initial awkwardness, I had a great time. The TMs were very nice and made me feel at ease.

As far as the train, a good excuse for riding is that you just want to take pics of the park. The views are great for that.

But really, adults ride both of these rides all the times, so there’s nothing weird about it. It’s more in your head than anything. Most people are so wrapped up in their own little world they aren’t paying any attention to you.

I’m over 40 and do my trips solo

And do cat in the hat ride ( and trolley ride) solo all the time

Never thought anything strange about it

It’s not weird to me

Over 40? You told me last year you were 29!

I've gone solo a few times. I'm not a 40 year old man but a 45 year old woman. No one gives me any odd looks no matter what I ride. The High in the Sky ride is one of my favorites.

Just don't dis Barney when he runs by giving everyone high fives :)

Don’t worry about what other people think. Their not paying attention anyway.

Throw up your hands at Dr Seuss Land and have a great time.

I’am a grandma and I go by myself sometimes.

You never know.......Mac, kohlby and I might be there riding the Suess Trolley....although if Mac buys Disney Ron to many Duff beers.......he will be relegated to the last car to make sure he doesn’t hurl on us ladies....LOL...

I have a shirt that says "You can only be young once but you can be immature forever". I am pushing 70 and often wait in line for the front row at roller coasters - nice bonding experience with the teenage boys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter