Some advice, please?

eeyore29

DIS Veteran Wanna-Be
DH & I are taking a 4-day weekend trip to WDW in September, and since we only have 1 day in each park, we're gonna try to squeeze all the major things in that we each want to do. To help figure the 'itinerary', I'm asking for some expert advice on the following:

1. What is the best place (that we can sit) to see Spectromagic and then WISHES too? I was thinking upstairs at the train station? Also, does anyone have any idea if either of these show up good on video tape?
2. We're not real fancy diners (burgers & fries are ok by us, plus we don't have $50-100 to spend on each meal), but I would like to stop by a few of the nicer places, just to see what they're like. Does anyone know if we can stop by them and get just a side dish to split or a dessert, or do you have to do the whole works? We're more likely to eat at a food court or back at our hotel. If we can just pop in for a side dish/dessert, what would y'all recommend?
3. Since September's not quite as busy as June (our last visit), would you recommend a dinner package for Fantasmic? We'll probably be at MGM on a Saturday (9/25), so would the line be too outrageous if we wouldn't do a package? It doesn't matter where we sit cause they're all good seats, I would just prefer that we wouldn't have to wait in line forever before the show. We did a package last time with Hollywood & Vine which was a little pricey for our wallets, but it seemed worth it cause we could walk right into the show 30 minutes before it started. DH got sick from the food, but he'll just stay away from whatever the seafood was that he had if we go there again since it's the lowest-priced choice for the package.
4. Since DH got sick from Hollywood & Vine, I had to go on TOT by myself; I won't be going on it again cause I didn't like the darkness/dropping. If I didn't enjoy that ride, do you think I'll enjoy Rockin' Roller Coaster or Mission: Space?
5. How many rides can you usually tackle in the 1 hour early entry? Are there usually lines in that hour, or can you pretty much walk right onto the rides that are open early for that hour?
6. Any really neat, out-of-the-way/not-well-known things that we should check out at POP?

Ok I'll stop now, sorry for such a long bunch of questions. Any advice y'all can provide will be greatly appreciated... have I mentioned how much I love this site?!?!?! I don't know what I'd do without it!!
Thank you all so much!! :wave2:

I think you should also post your questions on the Disney Tips board. The Disers over there can help you out as well too. :)

1. Can't help you here.
2. Yes, we walked up at Sci-Fi at MGM just for dessert.
3. We've been at MGM during pretty busy times (Spring Break) and haven't had to do the package. If you don't mind getting seated about 1 hour before hand, you should be able to skip the package and save your $ for something else.
4. I'm able to ride RockNRoller Coaster but I won't ride Mission:Space again. Put a 20lb bag of rice/potatoes on your chest and lock yourself in the closet...if you don't like how that feels...don't ride. However...you won't know for sure unless you ride it once.
5. At MK during EE, if you get in forst thing and don't have to stop for food, we've been able to ride Space Mountain, Buzz lightyear, Indy, TTA, and Pooh before the crowds starting to make it back to where we were. (If you need food...bring some!! not much is open at that hour!)
6. In front of the 70's building with the Big Wheel is a twister game you can play. Behind that same building is the kids playground.

Thank you for all of that info...we'll be sure to keep that in mind. Does anyone else have any advice?
:wave2:

1.) There are some benches between the entrances to Liberty Square and Adventure land that you might consider, although they aren't as close to the parade as other places.

As for a video tape you may have some problems with the parade because it will need a light and Spectromagic needs complete darkness to work effectively! This bloke behind us got shouted at by everyone 'TURN THE THE LIGHT OFF! TURN IT OFF! YES YOU BUDDY'. Being English I was too reserved to take part in the haranguing, but I was thinking that ! Wishes I don't know.

2.) Rainforest Cafe at AK and in Downtown Disney do some amazing deserts (try their Brownie 'Volcano' to share) and smoothies - try a Key Wester - best drink I have ever had!!! I think nearly all places will allow you in for desert if its a non busy time (i.e. before 11.30, after 2.30 or after 9).

3.) Not sure in terms of crowds. We went in Summer and stayed for the late show with no problem getting seated. I hear the seats aren't amazing in the package, but i love Mama Melrose so it may be worth doing anyway.

4.) Never done those rides - motion sickness! I know the coaster is in the dark and is very intense, while Mission Space seems to cause some people to throw up, while others say how amazing it is. I try to go by the dictum 'only dismiss a ride once you've been on it', but if ToT was too much for you the others are at least on par on intensity, albeit producing different sensations.

5.) I have never done Early Entry, although based on what I've read I wouldn't do it - crowds seem unmanageable.

6.) Never stayed at POP!

Have a great vacation!!!

:D

Portion sizes seem to be huge so you could even split an entree and it will fill both of you and it will serve as a meal. You could save a few $$ that way.

Thank you all again so much for all your wisdom & insight!
Only 1 more month to go!
:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter