Some FREE DINING Info & Guidelines

When I rented points at OKW in 2005, free dining was not included at the DVC's. Has that changed? It seems like I'm seeing comments here and there that make me think it's possible now??
Free Dining is the reason we have never purchased DVC. We've looked into it twice, but, really with deep discounts like free dining, DVC doesn't make sense for us. In 8 years worth of free dining trips we still haven't spent the minimum buy in amount for DVC. If Disney ever stops offering free dining discounts, then we might look at DVC again.

When I rented points at OKW in 2005, free dining was not included at the DVC's. Has that changed? It seems like I'm seeing comments here and there that make me think it's possible now??

The only folks who get to stack discounts are overseas. Disney sometimes does that to attract them in spite of the high air cost.

Actually, I do believe that free dining is available at DVC resorts. But, you have to pay rack rate to WDW Travel Co for your room in order to qualify. If you rent points, that's not paying rack rate to WDW Travel Co so renting points makes you ineligible.

So we're supposed to be there from 12/2-12/10. FD ends on 12/1 and starts again on 12/10. Are we basically screwed or is there any way to get it?

So we're supposed to be there from 12/2-12/10. FD ends on 12/1 and starts again on 12/10. Are we basically screwed or is there any way to get it?

When free dining is offered, it's based entirely on your check-in date. So you would need to check in by 12/1 and you would have been eligibile. Not sure if that offer is even still out there though.

When free dining is offered, it's based entirely on your check-in date. So you would need to check in by 12/1 and you would have been eligibile. Not sure if that offer is even still out there though.

You're right. It had to be booked by 9/29. Sorry, devi8or. :sad1:

I've read. I've searched. And I think I'm on the right track. We have a package starting Monday at POP including free QS Dining. Unable to wait any longer or handle the "Can we go now?" questions we are leaving in a couple hours. I've booked two nights at Country Inn & Suites using my Club Carlson points. We will arrive really late tonight.

My plan is to pick up the tickets early at MK. Then upgrade them to the $399 DVC Premium Annual Passes. This is where someone chimes in with a solid, "No problem, that will work."

Hello Tiffany,
It's been awhile since I've contacted you. It says your private messaging is turned off, so hopefully you check this thread occasionally and can answer my question.
I'm in the process of trying to re-structure our yearly October trip so that the kids don't miss as much school.
We usually go at the end of the month, we were thinking of trying to incorporate Columbus Day (go mid-month instead).
While researching this, I noticed a couple problems:

1st, there is a strange 3 Friday (2 weeks) blackout for free dining during this period. I say strange because historically it shows as having lower than average crowd levels, so why is it always blacked out?
2nd, and more current, are they replacing our free dining w/ this $600 discount instead? The blackout dates seem a little better, but hardly a good trade-off for free dining vs. discounted package w/ dining.
My search for answers is drawing a blank, do you have any insight on either of these points?
Thanks...

Hello Tiffany,
It's been awhile since I've contacted you. It says your private messaging is turned off, so hopefully you check this thread occasionally and can answer my question.
I'm in the process of trying to re-structure our yearly October trip so that the kids don't miss as much school.
We usually go at the end of the month, we were thinking of trying to incorporate Columbus Day (go mid-month instead).
While researching this, I noticed a couple problems:

1st, there is a strange 3 Friday (2 weeks) blackout for free dining during this period. I say strange because historically it shows as having lower than average crowd levels, so why is it always blacked out?
2nd, and more current, are they replacing our free dining w/ this $600 discount instead? The blackout dates seem a little better, but hardly a good trade-off for free dining vs. discounted package w/ dining.
My search for answers is drawing a blank, do you have any insight on either of these points?
Thanks...

1 - they typically black out holidays for FD, but 2012 they also did not offer free dining during part of October. They offer it based on crowd levels, so they must not have needed to fill the rooms during those weeks. Off season has been increasing in popularity over the years. I feel like there is also some kind of gathering in there somewhere, but I don't recall what it is.

2 - no one knows if they are replacing FD with S/P/D but that's the rumor. With the way things have been going, it seems as though S/P/D will be the new dining discount, and FD will be offered via pin and BB... but only time will tell with that as well.

Thank you. We didn't see the bounce back offered on our last trip. This we thought unusual, because they always offer it to us while we're there (at pofq), and never for the dates we utilize. still, 1st time it wasn't offered, don't know if that's significant or not.
If we're relying on a pin, I think I'll give up hope right now. None of this sounds/looks very good for the "free diner".
I was reviewing this thread, and noticed a distinct lack of PrincessTiffany. Anyone know what happened?

1 - they typically black out holidays for FD, but 2012 they also did not offer free dining during part of October. They offer it based on crowd levels, so they must not have needed to fill the rooms during those weeks. Off season has been increasing in popularity over the years. I feel like there is also some kind of gathering in there somewhere, but I don't recall what it is.

2 - no one knows if they are replacing FD with S/P/D but that's the rumor. With the way things have been going, it seems as though S/P/D will be the new dining discount, and FD will be offered via pin and BB... but only time will tell with that as well.

What is the S/P/D discount? Does it workout to be as good as FD? For my family of six, FD has always been the best discount...and how we've been able to go on our last five trips!

There was a fd bounce back offer in our room at POR in October. But it was for dates in September 2013 only and we are going in December next year.

What is the S/P/D discount? Does it workout to be as good as FD? For my family of six, FD has always been the best discount...and how we've been able to go on our last five trips!

S/P/D has adults paying child prices on the dining plan and tickets. It is not as good as a FD discount... but it is better than full price. If you upgrade to the next leve DP you still pay the price between the 2 adult plans for the upgraded portion.

SPD is no where close to being as good as FD, but it seems like what I might be stuck with, unless the next year brings something better. I will be heading to the world sometime April-October depending on if FD is offered. If FD is not offered I will take any discount, but it really stinks that the discounts have almost vanished. I wonder if they ever really will vanish completely?

And. Stillmhave tonpay upgrade if staying at a value and Want the regular DDP?

You'll have to pay to upgrade if you are using any kind of DP discount like free dining or S/P/D - QSDP is offered at values, and regular DDP at mods and deluxe.

If you're using a room discount, you can just put on whichever one you want at cost. No upgrade.

You'll have to pay to upgrade if you are using any kind of DP discount like free dining or S/P/D - QSDP is offered at values, and regular DDP at mods and deluxe.

If you're using a room discount, you can just put on whichever one you want at cost. No upgrade.

Hmmm...how would one go about going online to price this out? With FD it's pretty easy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter