Some quick TS reviews from late August

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
Alfredo's - we loved our early dinner here. After an app. of proscuito and melon, DH ordered the steak - very tender. Both DD and I got the sampler, quite tasty (if not pricey), and we all tried a dessert. The Tirimasu was wonderful, and probably the most authentic I've had since it became the new "it" dessert. We enjoyed the accordion player, and the napkin waving, which only happened once during our entire meal. Our server was attentive, but not intrusive.

Sci Fi - what can I say. This place is so much fun, we don't really care about the food! LOL! But we got our favorite artichoke dip, and onion rings as apps. and then we all had burgers. I couldn't even eat half of it. Huge! DD ordered a cookies and cream shake and said it was tasty.

Marrakesh - a surprise hit with the family. DS ordered chicken nuggets, which the server said were Morrocan nuggets servered with Morrocan ketchup. LOL! The rest of us were thrilled with the Beef bastilla (sp?), which is a spiced meat roll dipped in cinnamon and sugar. Sounds strange, but way good! DD loved her chicken and couscous, DH devoured his Sultan's Sampler, and I enjoyed my lemon chicken which was moist and simple with a plain white rice. We all ordered the Crepes with apples, and although they were tender and topped with ice cream, they were also drizzled with honey. We're not big fans of honey. We also enjoyed the music and the belly dancer, who was beautiful and presented a very modest version of the dance.

Plaza Restaurant - probably our only disappointment of the trip. Maybe they were short staffed but we had to wait and the place was full of dirty tables. Our server seated us and then asked to take our order (!) and when we said we'd like a minute, she just started to leave. I waved her back to give our drink orders. DH and I ordered the tuna on the croissant, and it tasted VERY fishy. DD loved her Rueben, and we wished we had ordered that. We didn't stay for dessert, because we planned on Dole Floats later on in the evening.

Garden Grill - family style meal was as good as ever! They brought chicken fingers for DS and the rest of us enjoyed the salad and steak, cat fish, and turkey. The dessert was a delicious phyllo tart filled with creme and topped with a variety of berries. However, we couldn't cut the dang thing in order to share it - even with a knife! A little messy, LOL! Mickey, Chip and Dale, and Pluto visited with us. DH was in the last seat of our booth, so he got in all the pictures. Pluto barked at him! Never heard him make a noise before. The rehab for the Land Ride did not impact any of the scenes as the restaurant rotated.

We also ate at Flying Fish, which I included in my Boardwalk food review (down a few pages by now, I think).

Counter service reviews to come later :)

Thanks moderators! I keep forgeting about the dang review-only board!

Thanks for the reviews. :)

We're trying Garden Grill for the first time, and I was looking forward to the desserts - I'm sorry to see that it's changed. Did they still have the kid's cupcake?

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

They didn't bring any cupcakes. I love desserts, but the rest of the food is so tasty, I would still come for the meal!

Harambe said:
They didn't bring any cupcakes. I love desserts, but the rest of the food is so tasty, I would still come for the meal!

We'll be keeping the reservation, just wanted to prepare DD for the change. She thought the cupcake sounded neat, but I know that she'll enjoy the berry dessert more anyway. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter