• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

somebody help please!

disneydeb

DIS Veteran
leaving on Alaska cruise in 2 weeks , trying to put my passport number into my flight , and its rejecting it saying passport has to be valid at least 6 months out, passport expires in November , panicing help please!

leaving on Alaska cruise in 2 weeks , trying to put my passport number into my flight , and its rejecting it saying passport has to be valid at least 6 months out, passport expires in November , panicing help please!
For Canada it only has to be valid at time of entry for US citizens. Contact your travel agent or DCL and see what they can do to get it entered.

Is it the DCL site that's not accepting the passport info? You only have to have a valid passport for travel to/from Canada, AFAIK. No XX number of months left on it.

We're talking about a US passport, correct?

DCL has their own rules it has to be valid for six months past the travel date, it has to be renewed.

DCL has their own rules it has to be valid for six months past the travel date, it has to be renewed.
According to DCL website, passport rules for Alaska are based on travel.state.gov posted regulations. Do you have a link that says otherwise, because that is different than what I've always been told and read?

I don't know this for a fact, but it has been reported here that the Passport office in some big cities will renew the passport same day as a extra cost.

You may want to try and call and check on that.

Lots of luck!

AKK

I checked with my TA, because this could impact us as well (6 month rule). Following is her response:

"I did double check with Disney Cruise Line and passports must be valid through the end of the cruise for any US citizen on the Alaskan Cruise."

Several years ago when we were getting ready to do our Alaska cruise, we realized our daughter's passport was expiring (didn't realize kids passports are only good for 5 yrs). We were able to set up a appointment at the passport office and we did get her new passport the same day. It was not cheap, but it was well worth it! Good luck!

If you are a US citizen, make an appointment ASAP with your local passport office. It will cost a few hundred (I think) to have it renewed, but they should be able to do this quickly there. You may send it in, but with less than 2 weeks, I would not do that. I know some countries want the passports extended by 6 months, was not aware that Canada was one of those...

If you are not a US citizen, then check with your equivalent of the US state department.

that was not correct when we went on our cruise three years ago. it was when dcl collected passports for foreign travellers and you would get them back at the end of the cruise. i was concerned that our passport only had two months left on it at time of travel so i called dcl. they told me for the caribbean cruise i was on i was okay and not to worry. they did tell me that some itineraries do need six months past return date but that was mostly for european countries.
didn't have a problem anywhere.
i don't think dcl has their own rules on passports.

Why is someone from the uk trying to correct people about passport policy when they are from a different continent?
Maybe there uk passport needs to have 6 months on?

Why is someone from the uk trying to correct people about passport policy when they are from a different continent?
Maybe there uk passport needs to have 6 months on?
It gave me a jolt this morning, that's for sure. I thought the rules had changed, and that would have caused a problem for us in a couple weeks. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter