• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

someone just said they have seen CRV model room....

canda

a Dis board vulture
I was lurking at another board and tim said that he was sneaking around and found a room that was next to the AKV model, that is done up as the CRV model.

Time will tell............... I'm not sure I beleive it, so has anyone else seen anything like this?

yea it was reported back here - when it first opened up the model rooms at AKV.

since then they have put up a LOCKED door (not fair) and make the area just about impossible to visit. a couple of guides are in the area (okay assuming they are guides)

of course don't know the style of Ca - so it might be for them.

hope to here shortly - in NOV!!!!!

was Elvis there too?;) jk:wizard: keep crossing those fingers & toes!

Q - when do you think they'll make (any) announcement? Perhaps in Oct or Dec.-member meetings?

yea it was reported back here - when it first opened up the model rooms at AKV.

since then they have put up a LOCKED door (not fair) and make the area just about impossible to visit. a couple of guides are in the area (okay assuming they are guides)

of course don't know the style of Ca - so it might be for them.

hope to here shortly - in NOV!!!!!

Judging on the current rooms at the GCH, the DVC in California would most likely feature a Craftsman/Mission style interior, with dark woods (think of a cross between VWL and SSR). However, I do not anticipate them showing models of the GCH Villas in Florida, since the majority of visitors would want to purchase something on the east coast. I think any models currently on site (if they exist) are of CRV.

you never know.

they have sold a bunch of DVC in WDW to Ca - so I can definitely see a model in Florida for Ca.

I asked my guide at Doorway to Dreams about it on Sunday and he laughed and looked a bit flustered, but said that they don't tell them anything about that. ;) Ha, I didn't really buy that. What is all the construction and cranes for??

well it might actually be CR suites. I don't want it to be. but the architectural plans they send to the suppliers - definitely say CR suites not CRV, DVC resort.

still hoping that it will be CRV!!!

We just got back last week. My Dad overheard a DVC CM talking to a customer who was asking where the next DVC would be. The CM said he was not sure. My dad then asked 'Isn't it going to be the Contemporary?' The CM said there would be an announcement in a week or two. Who knows?

You know, I can't help but wonder if that's going to be the big announcement at this year's annual meeting. Every year that I've gone to the annual meeting (OK, only two years) they've had some announcement. One year it was the AP discount for DVCers, I think that was when they announced the DDP for DVCers alos. One year, at the OKW meeting, they announced there would be a pool slide (that one was met with mixed reviews!) Maybe the CRV is going to be the big announcement this year. Anyone else think it's possible?

I would think that it would be too important of an announcement for the owners' meetings.:confused3 The other things were really more important to current owners while a CR DVC would be of interest to many.

spiceycat, even if the name is CR Suites, I don't think that precludes it being DVC. OKW doesn't have the name Villas in it. In addition a name like CR Suites could help establish that DVC is deluxe accommodations which appears to be a current theme.

Guides are not given info on new resorts until just prior to the public announcement by DVD/DVC.

I would expect some sort of announcement of a new DVC resort on or around Oct. 1st. Disney's new fiscal year starts on that day as well as EPCOTs 25th rededication ceremony.

Monday we were at the Contemporary and I was chatting up one a conceirge to get any kind of info. I never mentioned DVC or being a member, I wanted to see if he would mention it. He wasn't very forthcoming but acted like he wanted to say more than he did but couldn't (or wouldn't).

The only thing of minor signifigance he said was that Disney is seeing more families wanting to stay in suites and/or larger accomodations and that this new building would probably be meeting that need. He also said he was told the building would not be done until 2010, possibly longer, and that it was going to be a very large structure.

Take all of that with a grain of salt. I am sure the CMs hear a variety of rumors just like we do.

Monday we were at the Contemporary and I was chatting up one a conceirge to get any kind of info. I never mentioned DVC or being a member, I wanted to see if he would mention it. He wasn't very forthcoming but acted like he wanted to say more than he did but couldn't (or wouldn't).

The only thing of minor signifigance he said was that Disney is seeing more families wanting to stay in suites and/or larger accomodations and that this new building would probably be meeting that need. He also said he was told the building would not be done until 2010, possibly longer, and that it was going to be a very large structure.

Take all of that with a grain of salt. I am sure the CMs hear a variety of rumors just like we do.

I keep hearing people talk about the need for more suites at the CR, but when I go online and get quotes for reservations, the CR always has suites available, especially in the garden wing. I wonder why they would build more suites.

None of it makes any sense to me...
If it's going to be the Contemporary Suites, why would Disney be so secretive? It's seems as though they would want an agressive marketing startegy.

On the other hand, if it's a DVC Resort, why would they build two large on site properties at the same time and only announce one?
Heck, the Contemporary construction is probably further along than Kidani Village. :confused3

MG

I keep hearing people talk about the need for more suites at the CR, but when I go online and get quotes for reservations, the CR always has suites available, especially in the garden wing. I wonder why they would build more suites.

I've heard conflicting things about CR's occupancy levels. Some say that Disney is less than impressed and others say that it is always booked. I have a feeling it isn't always booked. So I dont really see a "NEED" for more suites. How do they think CRO is going to be able to sell out another giant building filled with suites if they can't sell out the tower?
I still think it will be more like a dual-use... They will have some CRO suites and also some DVC rooms.

As for the model everyone talks about at SSR.... Disney's attitude about it is, pay no attention to the door behind the curtain. That door doesn't exist. And there is no construction going on at the Contemporary...

None of it makes any sense to me...
If it's going to be the Contemporary Suites, why would Disney be so secretive? It's seems as though they would want an agressive marketing startegy.

On the other hand, if it's a DVC Resort, why would they build two large on site properties at the same time and only announce one?
Heck, the Contemporary construction is probably further along than Kidani Village. :confused3

MG

Since Disney retrofitted some rooms at the existing AKL they could start selling it prior to the building of Kidani village.

As to the Contemporary project being further along, I really don't think so. That building is along way from being finished.

Also at AKV, they had to build the animal house too.

So until a certain percentage of the building is constructed I don't think they can start selling.

Besides they know the secrecy is driving DISers crazy. :rotfl:

Forget everything you have heard to the contrary, the new project is Contemporary Resort- DVC!!! At least that's what the plans say that have been given to the contractors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter