• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

someone just said they have seen CRV model room....

Aaaah! I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it! Do we know if the rooms will accommodate more than the typical studio? It's getting tough to add more kids to the family when you have to consider your DVC ressie...:laughing:

Aaaah! I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it! Do we know if the rooms will accommodate more than the typical studio? It's getting tough to add more kids to the family when you have to consider your DVC ressie...:laughing:

You can bet that there will never be another DVC Resort built that does not include 2 BR's and super fancy suites!

You can bet that there will never be another DVC Resort built that does not include 2 BR's and super fancy suites!
I'm not sure I understand...
All DVC Resorts have 2br villas. Rumors are a dime a dozen, but can you explain what you mean by "super fancy suites"?
Are you talking about grand villas?

Thanx.. :smokin:

MG

Could the new tower at CR be an upscale version of family suites? And also perhaps a new class of DVC, called family suites? I would think Disney would want to be able to accomodate any and all configurations of guests. Families might like separate bedrooms for older children, without paying a premium for that option.

If they announced them in October, wouldn't that mean that there were 3 DVC locations for sale at the same time (SSR, AKV, and CRV)? I'm just wondering, has this ever happened before? I don't know-when we joined DVC, there was no choice-there was just one. Was BWV sold out before they started offering VWL or were they being offered at the same time? If they were offered at the same time for a while, there were 3 then (with HHI), but one of those was "off property". I was just wondering-can someone enlighten me on DVC history?

Many long time members have lots of points. Disney would like these members to buy more points instead of selling off some of the ones they already have. DVC wants them to use those points in DVC resorts instead of trading out.

I sold 120 of my 550 points because of the lack of availability of fancy DVC suites. The new CRV, if it is DVC, will help to get me buying, not selling and stop me from competing with Disney's sales.

Even if there is a CRV model, I doubt t it is currently fulyy furnished and decorated. It will be years before that building is completed. Fabrics, designs, available products and technology change rapidly. Any mock-up now would need to be completely re-docorated, and possibly updated with new appliances, furniture and features if it is truly to be "contemporary."

If they announced them in October, wouldn't that mean that there were 3 DVC locations for sale at the same time (SSR, AKV, and CRV)? I'm just wondering, has this ever happened before? ?

I don't know all the specifics of DVC history, but when we first looked at purchasing in 1999/2000 our guide said we could have OKW, BW, HH, or VB. They were all available. I don't remember if they were "actively marketing" OKW or not at that time, but I know they were putting on the full court press for HH and VB.

yes DVC has sold 4 resorts before.

the guides prefer it - it gives their customer more of a choice. if they have a choice they are more likely to buy it.

if AKV is finished in 2009 (they are way ahead - so it might be 2008), then CRV is 2010!

I think that would work nicely.

florida timeshare laws are strange - something about 70% of the building must be complete? before they can start selling.

so 70% will definitely be finished in 2009 - when I think sales will began on CRV. So the annoucement might not be made until next year. I won't get discouraged.

that say - remember the suites in the tower were not completely rehab. they don't have the new bathrooms - so maybe if DVC wanted to start sales before hand - they could go that route.

DVC is expecting a time when they won't have any new resorts to sale - or they won't be adding the years to OKW and maybe start reselling it. so when they run out of current SSR and AKV - then expect to see OKW as the alternative until the rest of AKV and CRV comes on line.

Calling a DVC unit suites - would be a big change for DVC. I don't know. AKV is the name they used.

hey it is great if the architecture plans send to the builder say 'CRV' - only heard about the plans send to the supplier it definitely say 'CR suites'

can you get a copy and post it. I would have but didn't want to get my DB FIL in trouble.

This is such a wonderful thread!

IMHO... Contemporary will look stupid with an huge C shape building, A Frame building and wings. I think the DVC could be a C shaped building on the other side? Not the one that is under construction.

I have no evidence other than the place will look stupid without the other C shaped building.

Wow, 4 choices! Thanks for the info. I didn't know DVC ever offered that many choices at once.

think spicey got it right when she made a connection between the un-rehabed suites on top floors of CR & what i hope may just be DVC units ala AK:wizard: in enough quantity that sales can commence.

Why else wouldn't they have udated:confused3

think spicey got it right when she made a connection between the un-rehabed suites on top floors of CR & what i hope may just be DVC units ala AK:wizard: in enough quantity that sales can commence.

Why else wouldn't they have udated:confused3

It seems like AKV concierge went over well. Or, at least there seems to have been pretty positive response here on the DIS. Hopefully that will inspire them to have the same level offered at CRV!!! :thumbsup2

It seems like AKV concierge went over well. Or, at least there seems to have been pretty positive response here on the DIS. Hopefully that will inspire them to have the same level offered at CRV!!! :thumbsup2

CRV concierge... :cloud9:

Sign me up! :thumbsup2

Disney can't announce CRV soon enough! I really hope it becomes 'official' in the next few weeks...

I'll be staying at the CR in Oct. - I will leave no stone or CM unturned! LOL! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter