Something About Nothing ... #12

Hey..........

Much cooler today........very strange walking out into cool temps after the heat we’ve had last week.........but I’m still in Orlando........

Sitting in Club Lounge in RPR sipping red wine and chatting to everyone.......trying to decide whether or not to have sushi and then go into IOA for an hour or so, or just relax around the hotels tonight. Have hoodies with us for tonight if we do go out.

Had a lovely evening last night with @AtTheRoyal .........Holly and Hank were great company.......strange thing is we keep bumping into each other almost every trip......last met them in December when they were here too......so, late night but so much fun!

Not rushing back to Mardi Gras.........parade is decent but food is disappointing........won’t be rushing to have any more of it.......bought the 15 item food lanyard, doubt we’ll use it all up.

And decided against the minion breakfast...........so many kids!!!!! Who knew kids loved minions too :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Anyhoo........hope everyone’s good......:)

96EE352D-B766-4A1E-AFC5-6C1C4201E1E9.jpeg BADA68F4-5D37-4BE5-81BA-6C8FAE570AA5.jpeg
Tiana and Lola poking out of sons hoodie. Tiana with the fuzzy cheeks- this breed lays blue eggs and has very puffy cheeks when grown.

Sunny day, but cooler. Tossed roast in crockpot so easy dinner. Oldest came home for spring break for awhile. Her chicken attacked her shoes this am as usual- diva has to show her displeasure when oldest is away for too long.

Booked Cabana bay for suite for June for aph rate. DH wants to fly but eek- car rental rates are ridiculous.

Yay for family and friends for the Florida peeps.
Lynne sounds like fun with the dress.

Time to peel some spuds to make mashed potatoes with the roast!

Well, now double booked at both wbc & PBH for last 2 days in June :) will sleep on it for a week.

Got my TSA precheck today, 2 days. Nada for the mr eek

Monyk nothing yet booked for rental car in June. Lately finding best rates 2 months or so out

Hey..........

Much cooler today........very strange walking out into cool temps after the heat we’ve had last week.........but I’m still in Orlando........

Sitting in Club Lounge in RPR sipping red wine and chatting to everyone.......trying to decide whether or not to have sushi and then go into IOA for an hour or so, or just relax around the hotels tonight. Have hoodies with us for tonight if we do go out.

Had a lovely evening last night with @AtTheRoyal .........Holly and Hank were great company.......strange thing is we keep bumping into each other almost every trip......last met them in December when they were here too......so, late night but so much fun!

Not rushing back to Mardi Gras.........parade is decent but food is disappointing........won’t be rushing to have any more of it.......bought the 15 item food lanyard, doubt we’ll use it all up.

And decided against the minion breakfast...........so many kids!!!!! Who knew kids loved minions too :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Anyhoo........hope everyone’s good......:)

Sounds relaxing! Almost sprang for club at HRH today but it seems a bit ‘less’ offered there based upon reviews?

What is with all those kids at the parks? Lol

48EE6318-87FC-49DE-B1F8-E63F9330F305.jpeg

Pasta was tonight. Easy for me too, MonyK. Glad to hear oldest came home, and so funny about Diva chicken. So cute pictures of the chicks and kid.

Back to routine and little one still wants to travel, just not sure when between end of school and camp work starts.

Yay! Another live reporting from Schumi. Glad to hear you had a fun Dismeet, and are enjoying club offerings. Here is hoping you have much warmer weather before you end your trip.

Busy week, another eye exam follow up and thankfully, hairdo time. Then thank you weekend from the Zoo is up, so I am hoping another dry weekend coming up.

Ha, weather lady said we have been on a descending temp roller coaster. 65 on Thursday, 77 on Friday, 49 on Saturday and 46 today. But hopefully an uphill as we start the week? 47 the high tomorrow. And Spring will be here before ya know it.

0B332F59-3303-4C97-8853-1834939C0FCE.jpeg

Hope this Sunday night finds life is good for all homies.

Time to find something good on the boob tube. Later homies. And warning, going to sleep tonight will mean tomorrow is Monday. Sigh.

Great rates for Sue and Squirlz. I got my October rate back in the Spring of last year. When I tried before that, was not getting the SMSM rate I wanted. Oddly, thought next October SMSM rate was okay now, so already booked next October. And now that little one is going to the University, that school already posted its Spring Break. So, going to see what rates I can get now for then. I find, generally, the earlier book, can be the best rate.

Well, we did a fashion show for my Dsis, and she agrees dress number 2 is the better pick. Hehe, she is 13 years older than me, and we both thought what, not a puffy ball gown. But little one is all about comfort, and well, she likes more hugging, more like column dresses. And another hehe, Dsis was like, how are you going to walk in those heels, and my, that’s a high slit. Eh, I am used to that, with little one.. Last year, we had to make the skit higher. Good thing is, with this dress, I think just some hemming. I am happy this is the last prom.
I’m beginning to realize that about booking Universal resorts. We booked upcoming trip months ago. Just this month we decided on Sept trip. But resorts are all over the place. RPH was only $203 for standard room, lower than our April rate of $210. But HRH is higher, however it’s pool view. I’m ok with the rate, but if I could get @Squirlz rate I’d be really happy!

You have more than 1 prom? Yikes. The senior year in H.S. They have a Senior sail, which is a dinner cruise, and a prom before grad. The school in general has several dances, but not proms. I think it’s more low key in Canada maybe ?

Just four days- quick little jaunt!

Nice long stays!!:thumbsup2

Yes!!! We're here!! Waking up to a little sun- but warm temps!!:cool1:

Heading off to Trail's End soon for brunch- 15 of us total!! Kyle and Erin are driving up, my niece from NYC came in last night, and we're meeting my niece, nephew, and her 6 kids that live here in Orlando!! Nice family get together!!:goodvibes

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!
Yup, too far away for quick stays! We love Trails End! Both the brunch and dinners! Last Aug we stayed at WL so we did 2 meals at Trails End. I also enjoy walking to the horse barn while we’re there. One time a CM saw us looking in the stalls and offered to bring one of the Percherons out.

View attachment 388858 View attachment 388859
Tiana and Lola poking out of sons hoodie. Tiana with the fuzzy cheeks- this breed lays blue eggs and has very puffy cheeks when grown.

Sunny day, but cooler. Tossed roast in crockpot so easy dinner. Oldest came home for spring break for awhile. Her chicken attacked her shoes this am as usual- diva has to show her displeasure when oldest is away for too long.

Booked Cabana bay for suite for June for aph rate. DH wants to fly but eek- car rental rates are ridiculous.

Yay for family and friends for the Florida peeps.
Lynne sounds like fun with the dress.

Time to peel some spuds to make mashed potatoes with the roast!
Love the chick pics! So cute. Keep watching car rates. They go up and down like a yo-yo. I’ve had best luck with Alamo or Budget and booking thru Costco web site.

Well, now double booked at both wbc & PBH for last 2 days in June :) will sleep on it for a week.

Got my TSA precheck today, 2 days. Nada for the mr eek

Monyk nothing yet booked for rental car in June. Lately finding best rates 2 months or so out

Sounds relaxing! Almost sprang for club at HRH today but it seems a bit ‘less’ offered there based upon reviews?

What is with all those kids at the parks? Lol
I keep thinking I should do the TSA pre check. Called Nexus in Canada. Good for both countries.
I noticed HRH CL doesn’t look as good too, reading the offerings, and comparing it to RPH.

Had lovely brunch today with x workmates. We all worked together for an ophthalmology group. It’s been 34 yrs since we worked together but we’ve all remained good friends ever since!

Off to make burgers for dinner. Mr is going to bbq!

We didn’t make our reservations till 3/7 so guess prices went up! But I’m watching. May go down again, I can live with price I got.
I book as soon as we decide when to go again. The day before Christmas last year, 3 days after we got back, I booked for next December and got:

Dec 1 - Dec 5 $252.85
Dec 6 - Dec 7 $269.10
Dec 8 - Dec 12 $252.85

RPR Club Level King

For our September trip we were talking about what to do for my Birthday. We like to travel for birthdays but ours are 3 weeks apart. Too much time for one trip but too close for two fly-away trips. We have Key West booked for Molly's birthday in October this year. We went there last September for mine because it was a milestone.

So anyway I looked at September crowds and rates and they looked favorable and we have APs and a $175 credit from Allegiant Air so we booked a short (for us) 7 night trip to Universal. So if you're still following the takeaway is book as soon as you can. You really can't go wrong.

That's awesome Squirlz. Always good when travel funds and rates match up.

Well, SW opened their flights until November 2. Not sure when, but finished my last day of September to second Friday in October, booking my fights about 20 minutes or so. Ack, did not know such a flight could leave so early. :crazy2: 5:40 am flight, going. It was either that, or 7:30pm at night. Um, no, wasted day. But, on the coming back, direct flights were almost the same, so leaving 8:30pm. That way, almost another full day in the parks, and since it's a Friday, can sleep in for the long week-end, as I usually stay over Columbus Day week-end, but the way the calendar was this year, made sense to go before it, and come home to enjoy the 3 day week-end.

Now that the airfare is done, the hotels were booked months ago now, now have to check rental car rates. If not for my liking, will check Mac's limo service guy's aavailability. I may just do that, rather than rent.

With that, back to routine. It's a Monday, and yes car, it could be icy out. 36 degree start. But what do I see? A nice light red horizon. Ah, cool, but dry enough day, before the snow showers arriving tonight.

images
well, make that tea, and that would be me. LOL

:wave2: But hey all the homies:
images
. ::yes::

Later, tea is ready, and older one agrees, the lemon Tastykake cupcakes are just the right amount of sweet. One less for him to eat, found it in my bag I take to work. :D

:rockband:

So enjoying seeing your pictures, Patty. Yep, I'd do early, just to not get into the crowds, and wow, the end of that line as you left.

Sunny, and cool, so lunch time walk is a go. Oh yes, I do have my sunglasses.

And me too, Charade, I'd like to be there.

I’m bored. So far not much to do today. I’m looking at the Disney website to see what I want to do when I get there.

Nothing really interesting happened over the weekend except we chose our deck color. Now we just need to find a good time for them to come do the staining.

I’m now just waiting for my lunch break. Chick-fil-A has a new frosted lime drink that I want to try.

Rewatching last weeks walking dead
New episode in half an hour
Another good episode. Watched Talking Dead and they had a clip for next week :scared:

That's awesome Squirlz. Always good when travel funds and rates match up.

Well, SW opened their flights until November 2. Not sure when, but finished my last day of September to second Friday in October, booking my fights about 20 minutes or so. Ack, did not know such a flight could leave so early. :crazy2: 5:40 am flight, going. It was either that, or 7:30pm at night. Um, no, wasted day. But, on the coming back, direct flights were almost the same, so leaving 8:30pm. That way, almost another full day in the parks, and since it's a Friday, can sleep in for the long week-end, as I usually stay over Columbus Day week-end, but the way the calendar was this year, made sense to go before it, and come home to enjoy the 3 day week-end.

Now that the airfare is done, the hotels were booked months ago now, now have to check rental car rates. If not for my liking, will check Mac's limo service guy's aavailability. I may just do that, rather than rent.

With that, back to routine. It's a Monday, and yes car, it could be icy out. 36 degree start. But what do I see? A nice light red horizon. Ah, cool, but dry enough day, before the snow showers arriving tonight.
Congrats on booking flights! I have to book my DL August flights and my Sept Universal flights.

Quick hello and good morning to everyone. I’ll try to post later if I have a slow day at work.
:wave:

Happy Monday!! Early start today- went to Early Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios. Went on the new Toy Story rides!!! So fun!
Great pics! We have managed to book FP for Slinky, and also rope drop cause we want to ride twice! Also love Buzz. Aliens was a big disappointment. We thought it would be the same as Mater in DCA, but they took the zip out of Aliens. It was once and done for us on that one. Fun that you get a pretty good view of Galaxy Edge from Slinky!

I’m bored. So far not much to do today. I’m looking at the Disney website to see what I want to do when I get there.

Nothing really interesting happened over the weekend except we chose our deck color. Now we just need to find a good time for them to come do the staining.

I’m now just waiting for my lunch break. Chick-fil-A has a new frosted lime drink that I want to try.
I love Chick-fil-A! And their lemonade. Waffle fries..... lol. The lime drink sounds good. There’s a Chick-fil-A that opened about a mile from our hotel we always go to since it opened a year or 2 ago in Deerfield Beach. We always passed by them in Florida for years, and always thought it was like a KFC so we never went in, until 3 yrs ago when someone told me how good they are.

Going to get up to 64 today! Can’t believe it. Went straight from winter & snow to almost summer. No transition. Still remnants of snow on our lawn but melting fast!
Going to Costco today to get new vacuum and get rid of the hated Dyson. Daughter will take it. This afternoon doctor appt for cortisone injection in hip for my bursitis eek. He does put freezing in first. But yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter