• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Well Mac, you were very close...
View attachment 419493

Meet Hope Abigail! She arrived Wednesday morning weighing 6 lbs. 11 oz. Her middle name is for the girl we lost 5 years ago.

She is so sweet and tiny! And she will have three big bros to look after her!
Omg she’s a beauty! Congrats! What a fun household with all the little ones too. And new baby smell!

Yes hump day. Glad short work week for me and only two days left to go.
Still nice out, but warmer but low humidity.

Sue it was cuddle chickens flock mate Princess Tiana,the one who looks like cuddle chicken. She hopped over fence and up to deck for a visit 7EF3ED7B-93EF-48F3-8BFD-295F5318E4A5.jpeg

Dinner is home made version of cheeseburger hamburger helper, beer bread and a veg medley. Was sitting on deck while dinner finished but now to finishing stages (is vegetables in microwave)

Schumi we get some really wild storms in Midwest This time of year especially need to watch to be sure tornado not spun up and heading our way. Reminds me need to restock emergency supply...

Mmm bread smells good and I’m hungry!

Hi everybody :wave2:

I'm baaack!

Sorry to be mia for so long but the issues with the popups had me frustrated so I took a break for awhile. That along with finding out that a longtime friend has cancer got me down and not feeling like posting. That friend is also Danielle's boss and now has made her a partner in the pizza place where she has worked since she was 15 which has resulted in her working 14 hours a day while he is taking chemotherapy treatments. It's a blessing and a curse for her.

Mac...we were on camera briefly when we were at the Braves game thanks to a little boy who was dancing his heart out in the next row. I always record the games we attend and this is the second time we wound up on TV. We were all staring at our phones since it was between innings. The game had a 2 hour rain delay so we went back to the hotel and watched the ending...we won in the 10th.

Kfish, little Hope Abigail is beautiful, congratulations.

I'm so far behind so I'm just going to say hi to Carole, Lynne, Janet, Robo, Robbie, Charade, Monyk, Sue, Bobbie, pooh, pumpkin and everyone else reading along.

Have a great night all :goodvibes

Last edited:
Thanks Sue, hope you get a nap in today.

And just do it MonyK. We liked both Disney Grands.
My husband never goes shopping and last week we went out to dinner and decided to look in a few shops for a small foot stool to put under his office desk. We stopped at the “At Home” Store. It’s a a massive home decor store. They had a lot of Halloween decorations out......LOL.....he went off looking in one direction of the store and I went to the Halloween stuff and about 25 minutes later he had me paged to the front of the store........so I took up the skeleton in the toilet and asked him to pushed the button.....It was so funny 😂

We then went to Home Goods and they were putting their Halloween things out.

Yeah a new massive At Home just opened close to us. So little one was like let’s just go there. Ugh the smell of chemicals, paint stuff was near the door and made me sick. Rows and rows of Christmas stuff and an aisle of Halloween stuff. We thought the prices were okay, but we think Home Goods is a better store to us. So a stop at the mall, then Hone Goods. Little one is still looking for a few things for her dorm room.

Hot today, and classroom was so cold, even the men were complaining. But a good speaker, and I learned some things I did not know before. So a good day. AC is supposed to be back on in the office, after what my boss said was a major repair. And we were told we got a new chiller?!

Gotta go, have to see what little one is trying on.

Hi everybody :wave2:

I'm baaack!

Mac...we were on camera briefly when we were at the Braves game thanks to a little boy who was dancing his heart out in the next row. I always record the games we attend and this is the second time we wound up on TV. We were all staring at our phones since it was between innings. The game had a 2 hour rain delay so we went back to the hotel and watched the ending...we won in the 10th.

Have a great night all :goodvibes

I was watching that game and looking for youse.....
Yes, It had a good ending.

You have less than 2 months before you go to Orlando for vacation.
Do you have a calendar and X out as each day ends before your trip?

Hugs to you and hope it makes you feel better.
Long time friends having a serious illness makes you feel like blah most of the days.
It's scary to think about it but on the bright side, there is always hope and some improved treatment plans for many.

I went. I saw. I shopped.

LeAnn and I made the drive down to Knoxville and had a great time today. It's just under a 2 hour drive, but the way we laugh and talk.....it goes by so quickly! Came home with lots of bits and pieces but completely struck out of finding dress slacks for Tony or jeans for Corey. I did find a great new bag and wallet at Coach and even found a new little crossbody bag. We had a great day.

Walking into Hobby Lobby here is freaky right now......4th of July decor on clearance with Halloween/Autumn on the next aisle and over two more is Christmas. Mad, I tell you, just mad!

Tony and Corey had leftovers tonight for dinner.....I was still stuffed from lunch and just munch on some fruit and called it done.

Nightie night, homies!

View attachment 419730

Dinner is home made version of cheeseburger hamburger helper, beer bread and a veg medley. Was sitting on deck while dinner finished but now to finishing stages (is vegetables in microwave)

I"m glad you did not say you were having chicken for dinner.
Stick with the red meat.......and beer

Yay for youse, only two more work days for you this week.

Hope you do get to do the disney trip
Keep wearing the mouse t-shirts and the Mr will think it is his idea to make plans for a quick trip there.

I'm sure you will make a nice Pooh Bear Andy!
Be sure to take a selfie and share with us.

I finally fiddled around with my Imac and think I worked out the kinks I was having in not being able to use it

Deleted some unnecessary items in it and it helped..
But I clicked on making a category default and all my emails and messages on the boards went to another section.
Spent last 45 minutes trying to backtrack on what I did to reverse it.

It did open up in the inbox then and saw I was back in business.
(had to keep working on this as I know I would not sleep tonight thinking about how to correct the problem)

Tomorrow it is predicted to be really nice temps here at about 85.
Then Friday we go back up in the 90's again.

I can live with this as it is not snow....

I am guessing charade did not nap today as she is not here.
And baby Hope is still sleeping as Kfish also is mia

After midnight. Is this a late night check in or early morning check in? Another fairly uneventful day. I did hear from our client who was recently diagnosed with kidney cancer. She is going to try to make her counseling appointment tomorrow. I’ll find out more info from my boss tomorrow.

Just made an unplanned purchase. We have a daybed in our spare room, but haven’t had real bed covers on it in years. Most of the bedding I find is either too flowery or too frilly for my taste. I finally found a very basic set online at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I bookmarked it, but pretty much forgot about it since it wasn’t a high priority. I happened to look at it tonight and some of the colors are on clearance - 50% off. I also have one of the BBB coupons for another 20% off. I figured that it probably won’t get much better and ordered a set in hunter green. (The other clearance colors were rust, mustard, and eggplant)

So, we have 92F today........it is blazing hot!!!
Hotter there than it was here. We had a high of 81 today. It was only 65 when I left for work this morning. It felt almost like fall.

As for convincing DH on Disney in August- I’ve worn my Mickey jewelry and a Disney shirt everyday since since Saturday when his dd said we could stay in their room...subliminal messaging:rolleyes1
Free hotel room? That would convince me.

I'm baaack!
Welcome back. I am sorry to hear about your friend. My mother had to take chemo. It was very unpleasant, but it worked. She has been cancer free for over 20 years.

LeAnn and I made the drive down to Knoxville and had a great time today. It's just under a 2 hour drive, but the way we laugh and talk.....it goes by so quickly! Came home with lots of bits and pieces but completely struck out of finding dress slacks for Tony or jeans for Corey. I did find a great new bag and wallet at Coach and even found a new little crossbody bag. We had a great day.

Walking into Hobby Lobby here is freaky right now......4th of July decor on clearance with Halloween/Autumn on the next aisle and over two more is Christmas. Mad, I tell you, just mad!
Great shopping day for you. I haven’t been into any of the craft stores recently, but I am sure they have Halloween stuff out already and are starting to put out Christmas decorations. I love Christmas, but not in July.

I am guessing charade did not nap today as she is not here.
I did take a brief nap today after I got done at the gym. We had a very late supper and I still feel too full to go to sleep, bit I guess I should or I won’t want to get up tomorrow.

Goodnight everyone.

Charade what did you think of the Hyperspace overlay? I like DL version of the ride much better. You’re right, not as jerky. When they closed WDW Space for extended refurb I thought they were going to change it to DL version.
Great colour choice for the day bed. I like both the forest green and eggplant.

Schumi those doors would have freaked me right out! I’m quite jumpy. Why I can’t do HN at Universal!
90’s is waaaaayyyy too hot. We have a portable unit too, we got from Costco. It’s loud.

Robo you’re a terrible person, lol. That must have been hilarious. But way too early for Halloween and Christmas decorations. Can’t they let us have summer first?
Pumpkin glad my memory isn’t totally failing, I thought it was AB. I agree, so many avalanches in the back country.
Lol, may have extra room! I was at Winners yesterday looking at the large size hard sided suitcases. But there’s a reason I got rid of my last one :sad2: I always overpack, and when I used the big one was always overweight. So better not give into temptation!

Monykalyn great chicken pic of the Princess! Always enjoy hearing about their antics.
Maybe wear the mouse ears! I don’t think men get the subliminal message, you need the sledge hammer!

Hey Tink good to see you. But so sorry about your friend. I hope the chemo puts friend in remission. They’ve come a long was with treatments.

Lynne I hate going into places where AC is on freeze. When I’m in Florida I carry a light hoodie with me to restaurants.

Poohls sounds like my kind of trip! ::yes::

RAPstar yes! Please post pics! When do you go?

Mac :badpc: good for getting your iMac fixed! Enjoy the 85 tomorrow!

I went to Aquafit this morning. We tried the Deep water class. Came home and had leftover pizza from my dinner out last night. Watched some news at noon while eating. Had the house to myself, DD’s at work and Mr was golfing. Then decided to tidy desk in spare room. At least the top. It’s been a catch all for papers.
Made dinner in the Instant Pot. Garlic Tuscan Chicken. I liked it, lol. DD picked all the mushrooms out of hers, ha. I told her to give them to me. Mr thought it was ok, but not enough spice for him. He likes everything hot :stir:
It was a new recipe from Amy & Jacky. I like their insta pot recipies. Had garlic, mushrooms, sun dried tomato, parmigiana cheese and spinach in it with a cream sauce.
Tomorrow massage therapist appt. I’m so impressed with my first appt last week. She doesn’t just do massage. She spends first part of appt doing movements, positioning and moving me this way and that. It was so subtle I didn’t think it was doing much, but wow it’s really helping my hip.
Friday is haircut. Sunday is family birthday party for dd. I think Mr will do bbq ribs.

Last edited:
Pumpkin, that’s exactly the same type of storm we had! Identical almost.....glad you had some lovely weather and hope dinner was lovely.......

MonyK......yep, your subliminal messages should work......lol......I couldn’t imagine having to worry about tornados.......scary, scary thought.......oh beer bread? Have never tried that one.......

Welcome back Vicki........I’m so sorry about your friend. Congrats to Danielle, but I understand how bittersweet that is. Good wishes for your friend, it’s a tough fight. Nice to see you back though......and HHN is getting closer........

Mac......you know I’m always envious of your temps in Georgia........this week I’m very envious of your aircon......lol......we just don’t get temps like this usually over here......but, we’re making the most of it, although did go outside last night to cool down a bit.......there was a little breeze so we sat and enjoyed it........today is to be even hotter! No housework at all today for us.......glad you got your iMac sorted out.....anything technical is never fun to sort!

Lynne.....glad you had such a good day and also got some stuff for DD.....hope the aircon at work is back working to full effect.......

Pooh.....sounds like another fun day........some nice shopping and lunch is always a good way to spend a day!

Charade......this is very unusual for us weather wise.......we alway joke our summer is around anything from 7-10 days in July or August.....blink and we’ll miss it. Good buy on the bedding!

Another night of not sleeping great because of the heat.......no storms last night though.......just heat!

Today is shorts and as little on as possible......sunscreen and shade and lots of cold drinks........was supposed to meet a friend later but cancelled as she wanted to go shopping.....shopping with others for others isn’t my idea of fun at the best of times, but in this heat.....no thanks......she was going to cancel too. She’s going to pop in for lunch though......

I’m going to be in Ghostbusters “dropping off or picking up” mode today......ordered an additional unit to our bookcases and it arrived Tuesday with a little flaw.....Company were brilliant and arranged pick up and new delivery today........always wanted to say that to someone! Won’t attempt her strong accent though.......lol......

Breakfast is croissants or Danish pastries with some fruit.......lunch is a selection of little no cook items.......dinner is Tom grilling for us.......so not much to do food wise today....

Have a great Thursday.......... :wave2:

Schumi, wow, I am amazed you have such high temps lately. Good thing for us, the rain is outta here for a stretch, and the high weather system is giving us sunny days, and humidity climbing as the week finishes. Our AC works good, as I like a cool house to sleep in. AC at the office seems fine, I am hoping it does not go into ice box mode, and makes it too cool feeling. My sweater remains on my chair, for now, anyway. Hope you had a good morning, and yay! No cooking today.

Tink, glad to see ya, and so sorry to hear of friend. Sending good thoughts that hopefully cancer free. Nice your DD can take over working, even if long days for her.

Sue, you sound busy the next couple of days. Nice to have a birthday to celebrate this week-end, and yay, bbq ribs. I like them. And woot! getting that hair cut tomorrow. Was glad to have mine done the other day.

MonyK, great picture of Princess chicken. Getting larger. And yay, hope you do get to visit the Mouse next month. When is that? Told little one new stuff at Mickey's Halloween, but she's not that interested, she is interested in that the day after we arrive, Typhoon Lagoon is doing H2O that night. That she is interested in. We had fun in the evening at VB, so the idea of neon lights and music extras, sounds like fun. And we have not been back to TL for years. Last couple of years, we visited the mouse around the holidays, so no need to visit any of the Mouse's water parks. We will definitely go to VB while in August.

Pooh, yay, for having fun shopping, and getting new purse and wallet. I had a wallet I loved so much, even tape and staples could not hold it together, I had it that long. I'm using one I bought, but still miss that old wallet, and I cannot find one like it for years now. SIgh. I am hard on wallets and purses, though have had this purse for awhile now. Wasn't sure when I bought it, I'd like it, but it's grown on me. Mostly because, when I picked it up, a lady next to me said, oh, is that for your mom? Um, this mom. Sigh, I did not think a purse had any age requirements.

RAPStar, yes, definitely pictures. Have fun at the Party. Will be nice to say hello to ya, if we bump into each other this beginning of October.

Mac, glad you got that oops corrected. I am fat fingered, and click things I don't mean lots of times.

Charade, hope you had a good night's sleep. I sometime hate that, when I nap, not ready for bed until late. Throws me off sometimes. Both DH and I were slow to get up today. But once we are up, we're quick, and out the door generally the same time every day. Was so dark, my car turned off my high beam lights part of the commute. I didn't think it was that dark, and, it was a pleasant 66 out. Not quite refreshing, but good feeling.

And, for those saying, what day is this? Why Thirsty Thursday it is. So, all, enjoy a drink or two. Tea for me, and on my third cup. Yeah, one of those days. But thankfully, being it's a Thursday, Friday will be here before ya know it. WOOT!

419797 - and yeah, 419796

- so whatever you do, make sure you drink.

419794 - yeah, it's been a long week so far.

419800 - make it a terrific, 100 percent happy Thursday.

Be good homies.

:rockband: :rockband:

Oh, and MonyK, we had cold weather funnel clouds the other day, when the line of thunderstorms had come by. We can get some nasty storms too, even though I live closer to the coast. The amount of lightning in that storm the other day, was crazy. Hundreds. Here's hoping no tornado siting from your home.

Good morning. I am up and ready to go an hour before I need to be at work. That’s very rare for me.
Poor dh is not going to have a good day today. He has his first colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow so it’s a clear liquid diet for him today.

Sue - I like the Star Wars theme for Space Mountain. I think they should keep it all of the time.
I also have a haircut scheduled for tomorrow. I’m thinking about doing something different, but not sure what. I also desperately need color. I have dark hair, so the gray really stands out.

Schumi - I hope you get a break from the heat. I guess I have been spoiled. Growing up we always had central air and heat. I don’t do well with extreme temperatures. Several years ago we had bad summer storms that left a good portion of the city without power. All the local hotels that had power were full, so we decided to go to Atlanta to stay with my brother. We made it as far as Charlott, NC. We stayed there overnight. The next morning I called home and our answering machine picked up. We decided to go back home since the power was back on. Some people were without power for almost 2 weeks.

Lynne - Yay for working AC. I probably should bring a sweater to my office. I am usually cold. I keep one in the car in case we go to a restaurant that is too cold. I don’t know why businesses have to keep it so cold during the summer.

Still have time to kill. Guess I will see what I can find for breakfast.

Breakfast next to GDs orthodontist al fresco, because what better way to start her retainer installation day!

895FAEF0-25BF-4AFD-A262-3C4FDA8407AE.jpeg

Ooh Keisha posted during my post (interrupted several times)
As for convincing DH on Disney in August- I’ve worn my Mickey jewelry and a Disney shirt everyday since since Saturday when his dd said we could stay in their room...subliminal messaging:rolleyes1
Good start, next up Alexa, play Disney tunes
That along with finding out that a longtime friend has cancer got me down and not feeling like posting. That friend is also Danielle's boss and now has made her a partner in the pizza place where she has worked since she was 15 which has resulted in her working 14 hours a day while he is taking chemotherapy treatments. It's a blessing and a curse for her.
A shame it happened that way but congrats to Danielle. Best wishes for her partner
I went. I saw. I shopped.

Tony and Corey had leftovers tonight for dinner.....I was still stuffed from lunch and just munch on some fruit and called it done.

Nightie night, homies!
Ooh sounds like the outlets, my fav stores
Just picked out my "costume" for MNSSHP this year. Doing a sorta Disney bounding version of Pooh bear. I'll make sure to come share pics when I get back. Other than that just have to keep working. Boo :(
Some of those bounding outfits are amazing.

Pooh Bear great choice

Happy Thursday morning Sans family :wave2:

C0445546-32E6-4D4B-B28D-DE31D6DC9F5F.jpeg

F1122875-C0CE-4CC5-9C26-6C4EB9AD9C9B.jpeg

We had another pleasant day in the low 80’s yesterday. The storm that came through Monday evening brought us down out of the 90’s. It’s been in mid 60’s at night since then. Very unusual for this time of year here. Glad for the reprieve from extreme heat.

Robo......don’t laugh......we saw our first Christmas item yesterday and one garden store is advertising their Christmas July Fayre!!! We moved on quickly..........and most schools here just broke up yesterday......yep, all the stores have school uniforms and school equipment all in stock......with huge back to school signs everywhere!!!

I haven’t seen any Christmas items yet in stores. There are lots of back to school items. There are two large Universities near by and a new medical school opening so lots of items to set up dorm rooms etc.

The nearest big lots is a bit of a haul for me. If you happen To see they’ve put out their goodies, make sure to post!

I will. Big Lots has great Halloween items. I love going around and checking out all the Halloween animatronics too.

Tiana,the one who looks like cuddle chicken. She hopped over fence and up to deck for a visit

Wow.....Tiana is a big chicken. Beautiful feathers. I told my dad about your pet chickens. He had always told me how mean the roosters and hens where on his grandparents farms.

I'm so far behind so I'm just going to say hi to Carole, Lynne, Janet, Robo, Robbie, Charade, Monyk, Sue, Bobbie, pooh, pumpkin and everyone else reading along

Tink so good to see you post. You are missed when you don’t post.

Congratulations to Daniele on her new partnership at pizza place.

I’am so sorry to hear about your friend getting cancer. I hope her treatments are not to bad and she tolerates them ok and has a full recovery. I’am sure having the loving support of friends like you will help a lot :hug:

Tomorrow massage therapist appt. I’m so impressed with my first appt last week. She doesn’t just do massage

I’am sold on massage therapy. I have been seeing my message therapist for a number of years and she is fantastic.

Enjoy your therapy session.

Robo you’re a terrible person, lol. That must have been hilarious. But way too early for Halloween and Christmas decorations. Can’t they let us have summer first?

4A529B63-CEF0-485C-B771-DD670C21BDFC.jpeg

Hahahahahaha ......Halloween is my favorite holiday next to Christmas. My husband knows me well when it comes to Halloween.....LOL.....I keep saying I’am not buying anymore Halloween animatronics then every year I find something new.

Today is shorts and as little on as possible......sunscreen and shade and lots of cold drinks........was supposed to meet a friend later but cancelled as she wanted to go shopping..

Wow....you are really getting a good run of lizard 🦎 weather aren’t you. I can remember when hubby and I went over to England. It’s been over 20 years ago and a few of the hotels did not have air conditioning and it was not very comfortable sleeping. It was in May and the tour guide said it was one of the warmest Mays he could remember. There were people walking around Stratford Upon Avon with sunburns.

508D123C-E029-4018-B9D4-C6BBBCB7F436.jpeg

Have a great Thursday Sans family.

86256E2C-F4C1-421B-9555-CCE8647363CC.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter