• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Hi all. Looks like I have a LOT of catching up to do. I had a lot of trouble reading this site on my other device and finally got a new one. So, hopefully this fixes it. So far, so good. Glad to see so many of names I recognize and some new ones! I’ll need some time to get through all the posts. For some reason, I tend to get hungry when I read through posts on here often. :)

As usual, life has been busy. I’m still in Florida - our Beijing move date will be this summer. Our most recent Universal trip was with a friend who had never been on Monday. We went with her two young kids so we focused a lot on the play areas since we didn’t have express. So, a totally different focus that usual but we still managed to not have time for all I had hoped to do with her kids. I did get them to see the Mardi Gras parade, so that was great! Everyone left exhausted. Yesterday was a Disney 5k. We dressed up as the Disney annual passholder magnets.

Good afternoon. Today has been such a lazy day. I didn’t drag myself out of bed until 11:00 Today is cold and raining, so I really didn’t want to leave the house. Unfortunately, we don’t have much food ( I really need to get to the store) so dh and I went out for breakfast/lunch. I’ve done some laundry today, but that’s the only productive think I’ve done.

Didn’t get gas grill.........can live without it for another few weeks till we get back from Orlando.......stores weren’t fully stocked yet......may buy online of course direct from company.......
I am so looking forward to getting a grill this spring or summer. Hopefully it will stop raining by then so we can use one.

Quiet night at home! Joe stopped to get us a fish fry on his way home from work. This is ONE dinner!

View attachment 384317

The other will be lunch tomorrow!!
That looks really good. I don’t eat a lot of fish, but like to have some once in awhile.

Went shopping with little one. Lots of traffic out. Once sun went down, much cooler. 20’s overnight. Hehe, she calls my car an idiot magnet. Yeah, over the line, no signals, braking for no apparent reason, seen on the phone, and seen drinking. Yeah, she’s an angry driver that has had all of those drivers in front of her. I have to giggle every time she asks if that is an idiot. That description is usually then followed by, figures, plate from the state next to us. Apparently, we also had dumb, dumber and dumbest in front of us as we inched up a hill. Lead foot is also hereditary, apparently too.
When were you in my city? We always joke about how terrible the drivers are here. Don’t even get me started on acceleration lanes.

I hate waking up from a dead sleep
when one of the cats jump on me while in bed

I came to the living room and lay down on the couch and they jumped on me again

They must think I’m something to sleep on
Lol
I don’t get jumped on, but my cat likes to wake us up with the most pitiful sounding meows. Once we are all up he will go back to sleep.

Good morning ....at work now so I'm just gonna share this bit of spring from the garden center View attachment 384403 View attachment 384404 by the way....I noticed that my peach trees were blooming this morning...

Have a wonderful day everyone :flower1:
Georgeous pictures.

Also got a deposit date for my tax return...finally! Can't wait for Wednesday to get here so I can pay off some stuff!!
We just got our federal a couple of days ago. SOme of it is going to pay off the upcoming Orlando trip.

Hi all. Looks like I have a LOT of catching up to do.

As usual, life has been busy. I’m still in Florida - our Beijing move date will be this summer
Welcome back. I think I missed something. What is taking you to Beijing?

Getting closer to suppertime. No plans as of yet. Also no idea of what to do with the rest of the evening. It seems so weird not having B here.

Shopping Saturday. Lots of food, so hunkered down too, rain is coming.

Kohlby, so happy to see ya post. Hope all are doing well, and wow! Moving is this summer.

Oh, and Keisha, yep one of 7 red soled ordered. Nude color. Very happy little one. And the people watching today. A real hoot. And, did you see that car? Valet had some happy smiles, I am sure. Little one is very good at knowing cars. Champagne taste. LOL

Didn’t get gas grill.........can live without it for another few weeks till we get back from Orlando.......stores weren’t fully stocked yet......may :Dbuy online of course direct from company........did get new pans......and two new laundry hampers.........not exciting at all.........

I'm a charcoal snob. I'll try not to hold it against you.

Good afternoon. Today has been such a lazy day. I didn’t drag myself out of bed until 11:00 Today is cold and raining, so I really didn’t want to leave the house. Unfortunately, we don’t have much food ( I really need to get to the store) so dh and I went out for breakfast/lunch. I’ve done some laundry today, but that’s the only productive think I’ve done.

I am so looking forward to getting a grill this spring or summer. Hopefully it will stop raining by then so we can use one.

Welcome back. I think I missed something. What is taking you to Beijing?

The same thing that brought me to Florida - Universal. They are building a new park in Beijing and my husband is working on it.

I hope your rain ends. Cold rain is the worse! Growing up in Massachusetts, it seemed like those cold, wet months went on forever.

I’m always thrilled when my “homie kids” come back home here

Kohlby welcome back home!

I’ll always remember you loaned me one of your kids so I could do the P flyer ride
That was the highlight of my day on the trip I did years back when adults could only ride if they had a child with them

Are you looking forward for your next move ?
Hope it will be great for you and the family !

When my kids were ore teens. I switched to a gas Weber

Only reason I gave up the charcoal grill was it took too long to heat the charcoal to make hot dogs for lunch

Every day for lunch that summer
they were in a mood to eat only hot dogs
Quick and easy to make dogs on a gas grill

I'm a charcoal snob. I'll try not to hold it against you.
I was too, but friends downsized to a condo and couldn’t take their propane grill so gave it to us. After that we never went back to charcoal!

I’m always thrilled when my “homie kids” come back home here

Kohlby welcome back home!

I’ll always remember you loaned me one of your kids so I could do the P flyer ride
That was the highlight of my day on the trip I did years back when adults could only ride if they had a child with them

Are you looking forward for your next move ?
Hope it will be great for you and the family !
Still can’t go on without a kid can we? It looks like fun, but I’d have to rent a kid lol!

Brother-in-law gone. Dinner was great, now I feel like a beached whale! Didn’t really need the pecan pie with gobs of whipped cream!

Hey kohlby......nice to see you again........hope things are good with you.......

Charade hope your rain stops soon.

Squirlz........we used to have charcoal many, many years ago, but gas is so much easier and there’s no discernible difference between the taste for us and everyone else.

mac......we always have Weber grills......made the mistake of buying another brand few years ago.......this is why we are now back to Weber.......they last for ages! Quality does win out.......

Another glorious and beautiful day here today again.......getting spoiled with all this sunshine......although it’s still chilly........

Hope it’s still nice on Friday for the wedding.......

Some grocery shopping today then suitcases are coming down from the attic.......always like to give them a good airing and wipe down before we use them.......this weekend we only need a small one as we’re only there 3 days.

Have a great Sunday........

Last edited:
Sending lots of luck to ya, Tyger.

Rainy and cool. Time for breakfast with little one and some shopping. If rain stops then will put some more windshield wiper fluid in.

Good morning everyone. The rain has finally stopped, but we are supposed to get strong winds today.
I have to go get B soon, take her to lunch/brunch and then get her to a theater downtown for a tap rehearsal. Tonight she will be performing in what I guess you could call a community dance showcase. I’m excited to see it, but dh not so much.

Good luck today Tygerlilly.

Morning all, it’s pushing 60 degrees here :) but going to drop by afternoon. Did my dog-mom duty this am out finding ‘mines’ in the back yard. Let’s just say having two this weekend upped the ante

Yesterday busy, had to head up to God’s country to pick up a pair of work boots for the mr where the company issues vouchers. Turned it into ‘an outing’ googled and found a Texas Roadhouse, few in my area. Nom. Notice the bread basket already nearly empty after devouring the salads.

00051FDE-68D2-4CCD-A156-4BAD5E4344C9.jpeg

Keishashadow great tutorial on coffee! I’ve wondered what the dif is between latte and cappuccino!

Only reason i remember is DS had to pass a test to be promoted to manager there lol. One thing i will say for SB is they are big on cleanliness, they break down those machines like clockwork to clean them.

Quickest drive by........

Almost an hour and a half till dinner.......I’m starving.........

Sweet potatoes are on our menu tonight........wedges......to go with spicy pulled pork that has been simmering all day.......spicy sauce all made up.......glad you’re having a decent day Lynne..........

Robo.......I’m in the mood for Strawberry Daiquiris now.........glad you’re having nice visit.......

Vicki.......keep that door locked!!!

Janet.....plain latte for me.....or cappuccino.....like both!!!

Did get new shirts....yes, shirts.........not one.......five.......still, they’re very nice.......

Didn’t get gas grill.........can live without it for another few weeks till we get back from Orlando.......stores weren’t fully stocked yet......may buy online of course direct from company........did get new pans......and two new laundry hampers.........not exciting at all.........

Got friend popping round for a glass of wine, just for an hour till her husband picks her up.......I love my friends!!! And love an open house.......:D

One is good, five is better!

So you had a polite conversation with the ATM when it ate your card?:rolleyes1 I haven't had that happen yet, but what a pain! Now where do you get some $$??? :headache: Ugh!

I LOVE Instacart:love:! Shopping while having my lunch! Will pick up my groceries on my way home today!:thumbsup2

I think it's Fish fry Friday!! :)

Conversation? Yes, that’s what it was lol

So, sweet potatoes and pulled pork were delicious.....and friend decided to stop for dinner too......then her husband came up and declared himself famished...….thankfully I had cooked for an army...…..all went down well......think she had one or two wines, and as he doesn't drink she had his as well!!!!

She`s the friend who has the Rocky Horror Picture Show Party every year.....we miss it as we are usually in Orlando...….but pictures look an absolute riot!!!! Pure fun...…..

My guys are going for haircuts in the morning...….so lazy morning for me.....hope its as nice as it was today, can`t believe it`s February...…..into the 60`s......tomorrow has to be even warmer...….did get lots of washing done, dried, ironed and put away......always makes me happy...….I know!!!!

Enjoying a glass of wine..…new bottle as friend demolished the other...…..

Have a great Friday night……….

RHPS party? How cool is that?

Quiet night at home! Joe stopped to get us a fish fry on his way home from work. This is ONE dinner!

View attachment 384317

The other will be lunch tomorrow!!

Not big on fried seafood but that looks delish! Lent right around the corner, love the charity fish fries, some of the side dishes are quite inventive.

Um, no fish for me. Thanks anyway, Patty. Ended up with home made cheesesteaks. Older one did not like the cheese. Oh well. Some left over if DH is hungry when he gets home.

Went shopping with little one. Lots of traffic out. Once sun went down, much cooler. 20’s overnight. Hehe, she calls my car an idiot magnet. Yeah, over the line, no signals, braking for no apparent reason, seen on the phone, and seen drinking. Yeah, she’s an angry driver that has had all of those drivers in front of her. I have to giggle every time she asks if that is an idiot. That description is usually then followed by, figures, plate from the state next to us. Apparently, we also had dumb, dumber and dumbest in front of us as we inched up a hill. Lead foot is also hereditary, apparently too.

Now relaxing. Bought rolls of black licorice. The Wegman’s grocery store is the only place I can find them. I remember them from the penny candy store I used to go to when I was little. It was a big deal to have a nickel to spend in there. I was a fan of those black licorice pipes too, but have not seen them in years.

Cool feeling, so tea almost ready. Older one bought a Marvel throw on the ship, it is so soft. He ‘s hot, me, throw around me.

So happy it is a Friday night, and not a Sunday one. I fully expect to sleep in. We will see. I may be awake early, but will be slow to get up.

GD leaving Phillie this am. She did get a medal on floor yea! Did the high points of the city, including touching the replica Liberty Bell etc. asked what was her favorite thing of the trip, she replied

cheesecake :)

I hate waking up from a dead sleep
when one of the cats jump on me while in bed

I came to the living room and lay down on the couch and they jumped on me again

They must think I’m something to sleep on
Lol

Or a play toy lol

Good (very late) morning!

Its a nice day here- which means I should get out and enjoy it- but not feeling very motivated at the moment. Saturday is clean sheets for the bed- I wash the ones on the bed and put them right back on- avoids the poor folding attempt.

Dinner will be at my Mom's tonight. Rumor has it we are having meatloaf.

Patty- that fish looks so good!

Wishing everyone a great day.....

Sooo, in your world is that considered a good thing? :).

Most i know won’t touch it but I like my version sliced down cold on sammies

Good morning ....at work now so I'm just gonna share this bit of spring from the garden center View attachment 384403 View attachment 384404 by the way....I noticed that my peach trees were blooming this morning...

Have a wonderful day everyone :flower1:

What a treat to see that this am! Everything is dull and grey here still but I did notice the tips of something pushing thru in my front garden. Maybe crocus?

Thanks! It was very nice. Both daughters and youngest ones boyfriend. Had husbands fav pork roast. I went to the Asian bakery to get fruit cake. It’s a light sponge layer cake with whipped cream and fresh fruit on top. Lovely. We enjoyed his Port birthday present after dinner! He doesn’t like a big deal, just a low key birthday so that’s what it was.

Glad dental billing was sorted out! Dreary drizzly day here too. Correction, just looked out, drizzle just turned to snow!

Our cat used to like to sleep across daughters chest! The dogs sleep in our room! In the morning the cat would start batting her cheek to get up and feed him!

I never liked the black liquorice. Seems you either like it or not!
My mom made that cocktail sauce! Minus the cayenne. Baron of beef roast for us tonight. I love pizza. We finally got a decent pizza place in town that makes NY style pizza. Love it.

Tink, lovely flowers! The crocus were just coming up and cherry blossoms started coming out, then winter decided to happen!

Found out the Florida AAA sells Universal APs, with modest discount. Maybe save $12ish dollars, better than nothing. I’ll take what savings I can get. Canadian dollar isn’t that great right now. We loose around 30% so any discount is good. So I’ll probably wait till we get to Ft. Lauderdale and stop into a AAA, there’s one near my moms. May look and see if there’s one near our hotel.

Have a good Saturday everyone.

I did a double take when you said your DH’s fav was fruit cake (yuck) before you described it.

When my kids were ore teens. I switched to a gas Weber

Only reason I gave up the charcoal grill was it took too long to heat the charcoal to make hot dogs for lunch

Every day for lunch that summer
they were in a mood to eat only hot dogs
Quick and easy to make dogs on a gas grill

Oh, those poor doggies. :duck:I still have small charcoal grill stuffed in shed sitting next to my smoker gathering dust JIK i get motivated but the time involved to get the charcoal right is way over my tolerance level.

Is it bacon time yet?

Nope - Mr on midnight shift, sleeping in, I may start without him soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter