Something About Nothing............ #14

Schumi maybe that’s Why I got hit so hard with allergies that evening. Never thought of that. I don’t know exactly what type of stuff I’m allergic to. But that night was the worst. I also have some kind of indoor allergies and only acts up in Florida sitting in a restaurant with AC. But only some. Gets so bad I gave to leave. I wonder if since its Florida they have mold in the AC system ick.

A walk along the beach is always a welcomed diversion!

Keisha yes! I remember only getting a few tv stations, rabbit ears and antennas! No remote control, b&w. But never bothered us as we were always outside playing.
We have all the HBO, Showtime, crave, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, etc. I just don’t feel like adding another subscription or paying! Lol. Along with my hefty cable bill! So dd will have me over for Hamilton.

It never dawned on me either till my doc asked if I was bothered more at night, I said yes and he explained why.

I still never think of myself as a hay fever sufferer....as it is so slight. Folks like Lynne’s son has it so bad.

We got rid of Amazon Prime as it was rubbish. But, wouldn’t be without Netflix......

Second pink gin coming up..........

It never dawned on me either till my doc asked if I was bothered more at night, I said yes and he explained why.

I still never think of myself as a hay fever sufferer....as it is so slight. Folks like Lynne’s son has it so bad.

We got rid of Amazon Prime as it was rubbish. But, wouldn’t be without Netflix......

Second pink gin coming up..........
Yum for second gin. So pretty.
I haven’t watched much on Prime, I had it because I have prime shipping. But I have watched Man in the High Tower and liked it. My dd says Mrs Maisel is good. I told her I watched first ep and didn’t grab me. She’s told me I need to watch a couple more. Guess I will. I also like Jack Ryan. Just haven’t bothered to watch yet.

I just felt a drop. Yuck. Better get those doggies out. At least around the block!

:wave2: It's Friday :banana:

Thank god...it's Friday!!!! I'm so glad the weekend is here. I'm getting grumpy with customers who don't want to follow signage and call in and have our front sales staff let them in the side door. Our front doors are locked...with a big sign over both doors. One customer even untaped the one side of the signage and pulled on the doors to make sure that they were locked :sad2: :headache: I know it's time for the weekend to be here when I'm tired of answering the phone to tell grumpy men our protocol for placing and picking up orders. We have a very small front office and can only have one customer in at a time. Hence, why they need to call. I did tell one man to leave the office when I was scanning some items. He was a little ticked when he called in and I answered the phone :flower:

We don't have much planned since we are heading to see family next week...so probably putz around the house, clean a few corners and sit on my butt and maybe get some reading done or maybe start a new sewing project...who knows!!! The weather is not supposed to be great, so no fishing this weekend or else I would be the first one in the truck with my fishing rod in my hand lol.

@schumigirl I would love to share that beverage with you. It looks delicious right about now. I had seen a news clip about your beaches there. That was a little too crowded for me. And yes, people can be " piggish " by leaving so much garbage behind. We have had that happen when people were protesting - especially when it's the greenpeace hippy loving anti oil and gas protesters are the WORST for leaving garbage behind as they drive away in their old gas guzzling high pollution emitting pieces of crap vehicles. Guess you can see how much I love " those " types of people who are such hypocrites.

@Robo56 It's good to hear that your back is starting to feel better.

@Charade67 I hope everything is going good with your dh.

Not sure what we are having for dinner tonight. It might be butter chicken as it is quick, easy and fills me up. Hopefully the wind goes down so I enjoy hanging out in the backyard tonight. Guess we will see.

Take care everyone Mac, Sue, Lynne, Keisha, Monyk, Vicki, Mackenna Rose and anyone else I have missed :flower1:

Sue, hope you didn’t get wet. While the wind picked up, and clouds covering all to make it darker then it should be, nope, no rain for us. On the radar, the smallest blob of light green was going to pass over us. Otherwise nothing close to us.

Errands done, and kids want pizza. Yeah, sounds good for me. Just made myself an iced coffee, as AC still on, and it’s muggy out, and too warm feeling.

Hey Pumpkin, having not much to do is a good thing.

Oh, and apparently, since pizza is wanted, little one wants matzah ball soup from the one deli we go to. I said you can order it, if you get rye bread too. I think I heard her call. Time for dinner.

Be most happy homies! And exciting night of screen watching and chilling out is what our home is doing tonight. Hope yours is as at least as exciting. 😊

Tie dye day here, hoping my hands are clean by next wednesday :)
Bought a you-bake pizza for charity for lunch, let’s just say the family is asking for take out chinese now lomein & egg rolls sound good to me
Thankfully, his allergic reactions just brings out an asthma attack, and no need for more than drugs. Why we call him Darth Vader, when he is in full attack.
That’s awful, as if the allergies weren’t enough, poor kid
Glad to hear with a bit of encouragement your mattress is on the way.
Ah, for the threat-free days of good customer service lol
Back has been feeling better everyday. Still having some numbness around and down each leg. Will improve as discs shrink back in place.
On the path to feeli
as I have only a bee sting allergy, that medicine helps, and very thankful I don’t get stung very often.
Same, i haven’t filled my epi pen in ages. Benadryl has worked the few times since i’ve Been stung
Dyson are briilaint for cleaning mattresses. They`ll never be perfect of course, but good to do it every few weeks. No, those things can`t hurt.....
I need to start a rotation of that. Shamefully, only twice a year when i turn the mattress if truth be told. Never dawned on me. It needed more
s a Gordon`s pink gin with fizzy lemonade night......add in sliced and diced lemons, limes, blueberries and strawberries........lush!!!!

That and an Abbott and Costello classic......perfeect night in. Chips and garlic dip to come later.......
Complete with a hogwarts coaster! Both sound great to me. Have been watching scooby doo most nights lol
. I also have some kind of indoor allergies and only acts up in Florida sitting in a restaurant with AC. But only some
Def sounds like mold
saw video today of this Jobbie Nooner event in Detroit and wow. These kids cheek to jowl in huge groups on boats partying like there’s no pandemic. Disgraceful really. Not a mask in sight. Then they’ll spread it to who knows how many.
It was awful to see
never dawned on me either till my doc asked if I was bothered more at night, I said yes and he explained why.
That’s indeed true. I was told allergies often worsen after we turn 40, immune system sort of thing
haven’t watched much on Prime, I had it because I have prime shipping
Yes, i work that shipping :)
But I have watched Man in the High Tower
Haven’t finished it yet, go in spurts but a great show & rather short book.

Last edited:
Sue, hope you didn’t get wet. While the wind picked up, and clouds covering all to make it darker then it should be, nope, no rain for us. On the radar, the smallest blob of light green was going to pass over us. Otherwise nothing close to us.

Errands done, and kids want pizza. Yeah, sounds good for me. Just made myself an iced coffee, as AC still on, and it’s muggy out, and too warm feeling.

Oh, and apparently, since pizza is wanted, little one wants matzah ball soup from the one deli we go to. I said you can order it, if you get rye bread too. I think I heard her call. Time for dinner.

Be most happy homies! And exciting night of screen watching and chilling out is what our home is doing tonight. Hope yours is as at least as exciting. 😊
Nah, i stayed close to home! It rained or drizzling for awhine. Then stopped.
Pizza sounds good!
ugh my eyes are shutting. Better pick up in the morning!

Yum for second gin. So pretty.
I haven’t watched much on Prime, I had it because I have prime shipping. But I have watched Man in the High Tower and liked it. My dd says Mrs Maisel is good. I told her I watched first ep and didn’t grab me. She’s told me I need to watch a couple more. Guess I will. I also like Jack Ryan. Just haven’t bothered to watch yet.

I just felt a drop. Yuck. Better get those doggies out. At least around the block!

We gave Mrs Maisel up to the third episode....not for us.

If you see a programme called Agatha Raisin, give that a try. I don`t think it`s on Prime, it must be Netflix. It`s set in the beautiful Cotswolds and she kinda moves there away from the ratrace in the City but gets embroiled in local mysteries. It`s fluff, but quite good and the scenery is beautful. If we were to move away from the Coast, it`d be The Cotsowlds beautiful little villages we`d move to.

:wave2: It's Friday :banana:

Thank god...it's Friday!!!! I'm so glad the weekend is here. I'm getting grumpy with customers who don't want to follow signage and call in and have our front sales staff let them in the side door. Our front doors are locked...with a big sign over both doors. One customer even untaped the one side of the signage and pulled on the doors to make sure that they were locked :sad2: :headache: I know it's time for the weekend to be here when I'm tired of answering the phone to tell grumpy men our protocol for placing and picking up orders. We have a very small front office and can only have one customer in at a time. Hence, why they need to call. I did tell one man to leave the office when I was scanning some items. He was a little ticked when he called in and I answered the phone :flower:

We don't have much planned since we are heading to see family next week...so probably putz around the house, clean a few corners and sit on my butt and maybe get some reading done or maybe start a new sewing project...who knows!!! The weather is not supposed to be great, so no fishing this weekend or else I would be the first one in the truck with my fishing rod in my hand lol.

@schumigirl I would love to share that beverage with you. It looks delicious right about now. I had seen a news clip about your beaches there. That was a little too crowded for me. And yes, people can be " piggish " by leaving so much garbage behind. We have had that happen when people were protesting - especially when it's the greenpeace hippy loving anti oil and gas protesters are the WORST for leaving garbage behind as they drive away in their old gas guzzling high pollution emitting pieces of crap vehicles. Guess you can see how much I love " those " types of people who are such hypocrites.

@Robo56 It's good to hear that your back is starting to feel better.

@Charade67 I hope everything is going good with your dh.

Not sure what we are having for dinner tonight. It might be butter chicken as it is quick, easy and fills me up. Hopefully the wind goes down so I enjoy hanging out in the backyard tonight. Guess we will see.

Take care everyone Mac, Sue, Lynne, Keisha, Monyk, Vicki, Mackenna Rose and anyone else I have missed :flower1:

You have to wonder about people that can`t understand basic signage. And how rude of the customer to do that!!! Some folks are so entitled......

We have some beautiful beaches in this country and yes, cramped up like that isn`t fun to me, wouldn`t ever be us. I rememeber when they were protesting about Global warming other green issues and something or other in London last year...teh amount of trash left by them too was disgusting. Plastic bottles, Starbucks cups, McD`s wrappers and boxes.....yes, they hypocracy is strong among the righteous at times. People are gross at times.

I agree completely about the hypocracy of folks. I`m an open fan of plastic bottles as I do buy them, and give me a good old gas guzzler every day! No fake or hypocracy here.....:duck:

Will happily make you one of those pink gins anytime!!! Very smooth (and easy) to drink.......butter chicken sounds lovely, and hope you did get back outside last night.......have a great weekend pumpkin........:wave2:

Sounds like a good way to spend an evening to me!!! Love chilling out of an evening with a good movie or even tv. Exciting is way overrated......

Tie dye day here, hoping my hands are clean by next wednesday :)
Bought a you-bake pizza for charity for lunch, let’s just say the family is asking for take out chinese now lomein & egg rolls sound good to me

I need to start a rotation of that. Shamefully, only twice a year when i turn the mattress if truth be told. Never dawned on me. It needed more

Complete with a hogwarts coaster! Both sound great to me. Have been watching scooby doo most nights lol

That’s indeed true. I was told allergies often worsen after we turn 40, immune system sort of thing

Yes, i work that shipping :)

Gosh tie dye....that brings back memories!!! Good luck with the stained hands.......lol......

Er, did you still enjoy the Chinese last night......:rotfl:Have to admit, it gave Tom pause to order one this weekend.....once seen!!!!

Our mattress doesn`t turn, which surprised me when we got it. I was a little worried it would wear out quicker, and we paid far more than anyone should for a mattress so I wanted it to last. Have to say, five years in and it`s like brand new. My mother still meticulously turns her mattress every month?????? She really is a tiny little woman, so not sure how she does it as it`s a UK King Size. My brothers always tell her they`ll do it, she tells them by the time they get there in the morning she has cleaned the whole place out already!!!! That woman would have made a fabulous housekeeper for someone......loves housework......I missed that gene!!!

That`s funny as I didn`t start with any symptoms of hayfever till I was around 40ish! I`m always so grateful it`s mild.

Love my Hogwarts coasters!!! And yes, drink and movie were fun!! I love Scooby Doo!!!! Only the original seasons though....hated Scrappy Doo when he came into it. Still have all of Kyle`s dvd`s from when he was younger.

And we have Saturday again!!!!!

Went to bed late and I was awakened around 2am by either the police helicopter or the sea rescue one.......seemed to hover above us for ages. Couldn`t get back to sleep as it was so hot and almost daylight by then.

Turns out.....I was the only one to hear the darn thing!!! It is so noisy, how they didn`t hear it with all the noise it makes is unbelievable. But, least they all slept.

Woke up this morning to dull and very humid. Little bit of rain and lightning forecast for later. More or less the same for tomorrow.

But, bacon was lovely for breakfast.......no idea for lunch and pizza take out for dinner. Easy food day.

cv2073-X2.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday..........

Yuck 2am and dogs woke me up. Barking at something outside. Too lazy to get up to look. Husband was out a few minutes ago saw nothing. Probably some animal. And here I thought I’d get a good sleep tonight.

Schumi I’ll have to look for Agatha Raisin. Love mysteries.

Keisha yup, time for a weekend!

Hope I can get back to sleep!

For once can’t bring myself to complain over the pooch waking me at 6 am via sitting on my head. this time he was cowering from some wicked storms that rolled thru. We cuddled on the couch till that bad one subsided a bit. Went upstairs an hour later to change out of night gown & opened the curtain in a window that overlooks a one story addition to the house. Not sure who was startled more, me or the squirrel who had hunkered down/waiting outside on the windowsill lol

Appears my mattress is in shipping hub 70 miles away, but not sure i’m Confident enough to tear apart my room & drag the mattress downstairs quite yet.

Carole, that is funny with your mom wrestling with a big mattress. I meant turn/rotate it vs flip. Although, so many people complained, they again are starting to see mattresses designed to be flipped. It did extend their wear dramatically IMO. Easy enough to buy a topper to amp up that standard padding.

In the distinct minority, but just not a fan a top gun.

Good morning. Quick update. I just spoke to dh's doctor at the hospital. He did actually have a minor heart attack. He had one blocked artery which was cleared with a balloon and stent. Dh eats fairly well and exercises daily, so they are thinking the issue may be hereditary. Dh is adopted and has no knowledge of his bio family. He is being released this morning.

Good morning. Quick update. I just spoke to dh's doctor at the hospital. He did actually have a minor heart attack. He had one blocked artery which was cleared with a balloon and stent. Dh eats fairly well and exercises daily, so they are thinking the issue may be hereditary. Dh is adopted and has no knowledge of his bio family. He is being released this morning.

Thank God he’s doing so well after that! I’m sure he will receive treatment/lifestyle information from his cardiologist. It is such a scary thing to live through for you both, take care.

For once can’t bring myself to complain over the pooch waking me at 6 am via sitting on my head. this time he was cowering from some wicked storms that rolled thru. We cuddled on the couch till that bad one subsided a bit. Went upstairs an hour later to change out of night gown & opened the curtain in a window that overlooks a one story addition to the house. Not sure who was startled more, me or the squirrel who had hunkered down/waiting outside on the windowsill lol

Appears my mattress is in shipping hub 70 miles away, but not sure i’m Confident enough to tear apart my room & drag the mattress downstairs quite yet.

Carole, that is funny with your mom wrestling with a big mattress. I meant turn/rotate it vs flip. Although, so many people complained, they again are starting to see mattresses designed to be flipped. It did extend their wear dramatically IMO. Easy enough to buy a topper to amp up that standard padding.

In the distinct minority, but just not a fan a top gun.

Actually agree with you.....TG wasn`t for me. Although as I was going to watch it, it had been out for a while, but I knew nothing about it, one of my friends who had seen it previously......ruined the Goose story line completely.......lol....her face when I said I didn`t know that.....it was priceless!!!! She felt dreadful.

Oh it`s getting close!!! Got to love the tracking on deliveries!!!

She is hilarious my mother!!! Thinks nothing of standing on ladders to reach a tiny wisp of dust or cobweb that might develop......she gives us nightmares at times!!!!

Well, thank goodness they kept him in!!!

What a big relief he`s getting home today.....glad to hear it!!!

Wow, how scary, Charade. I am glad they could treat him, and he’s going to be home today. I think it can be hereditary, but for whatever reason, I am glad he is okay.

Well, a bit of rain this early morning, but then the sun said what rain? Yeah, another soupy feeling day, with a ooh you loose, you got rain chances. Since we had that loosing rain so early this morning, hoping the afternoon thunderstorms chances are none for us.

Aww, Keisha having a spook dog. Glad you were able to comfort him, and hehe, a hat dog too. After we allowed both labs in our bed, the boxer was not allowed. I need my space. 😊 Yeah, my male lab liked to lay between us, and he was longer spread out length wide than me. He was a good body pillow. LoL And more importantly, all my dogs could care less about loud noises, and trained to not get up until we do. Only once in a great while we got a have to go out, in the wee hours. And my male lab’s favorite summertime place was a mud pit he dug, and lay in it, while the thunderstorms rained down on him. No amount of calling for him, did any good. The hose was the next water he encountered after he wanted to come in. LoL

Well, no hanging out the wash, but it’s done. Almost time for a shower, as fresh towels are always nice, I do them last, so by the time I am ready to shower, almost warm from the dryer.

Yay! A Saturday. And most likely, our usual Chinese Saturday night dinner. I will see. Pizza was perfect last night, and little one picked it up, and said crowded. Yeah, I am sure we were not the only ones wanting Friday night pizza. When it’s hot, and many ending the work week, no reason to cook and make the kitchen hot. I think there was a few pieces left over. When older one wakes up, I am sure he will finish them off. While I don’t mind left over cold pizza day, not feeling it this morning. So ended up with oatmeal and some eggs. Ah, smelled Schumi’s bacon here. Guess I will make some after my shower, and I assume no kid will be up even after my shower. And all of us will eat bacon, Yum.

Super sized superbly nice Saturday. Ooh tea pot, you need a refill. Lucky me. 😊 Tea.

Good Saturday morning Sans family :wave2:

23154C7C-E828-4FDC-899F-6E0FC4E0DE93.jpeg

23E5F6DB-B2B1-430F-B877-7AD3816AAD5C.jpeg

Charade thank goodness they kept him and found the blockage and got the stent in. I know you are all relieved. Prayers answered. They found out what was wrong with him and he got the care he needed. Sound like he had the first part of the cardiac lifestyle down the eating healthy and exercise routine.

Did the cardiac docs office set him up for cardiac rehab? When my hubby had his heart attack I strongly encouraged this. During the cardiac rehab sessions they have nurses and exercise therapist on hand to watch them and take their vitals as they edge back into exercise program post heart attack. They also do some dietary teaching.

I know you will be happy to have him back home.

But, the mess these animals left on the beach was unbelievable. Not only general trash, but feminine products, nappies (diapers) and yes, human detritis in bags.

I saw the pictures. They were packed in like sardines. Pretty disgusting that they went to the toilet in bags and even more disgusting that they did it in front of each other and left it on the beach for someone else to clean up.

It`s a Gordon`s pink gin with fizzy lemonade night......add in sliced and diced lemons, limes, blueberries and strawberries........lush!!!!

The drink so good. Love the Hogwarts coasters. Granddaughter had me bring her back a set last September.

Same, i haven’t filled my epi pen in ages. Benadryl has worked the few times since i’v

Yes, after the epi pens went from a $ 7.00 co-pay to $ 750.00 -
$1000.00 it was a bit hard to swallow thinking of refilling them. I had mine refilled as the big price gouging just started. I’am sure you saw it on the news they eventually jailed the CEO for manipulating the price of a critical drug needed for so many folks that have anaphylactic allergies.

It’s a quiet start to the morning here. Son and clouds. Supposed to be 82 with rain moving in this afternoon.

A little doe was out eating the corn I put out yesterday evening.

Granddaughter sent us pictures of Great-grandson’s confirmation. He has grown so tall since Christmas. His sister Great-granddaughter has her first communion this weekend too. So sad we could not be there with them to celebrate. The churches are pretty busy trying to get all the confirmations, first communions, weddings etc that were out on hold in the Spring because of Covid caught up.

I know everyone know this, but this Covid has had not only had physical ramifications, but the psychological impact of the total altering of everything we know as normal has been disrupted.

Family members not being able to be with their loved ones in the hospital. Family members dying alone in hospital (like my stepmom) because no one was allowed to there.

I was speaking to my niece yesterday. Her sweet baby who is 8 months old has never been out in public. He has been sheltered rightly so, to protect him from the virus. I see people in the stores with infants and babies in the grocery carts and I want to tell them go home and protect your baby.

Along with the virus and the anarchy that is being played out daily On the news to the delight of the news stations. There is an unseen, unspoken fear that has been brewing in the hearts of our young ones across the world.

As older adults we have developed coping mechanisms for life stressors that they have not developed yet. Even though we have them it has been a whopper of a few months.

I stood back and thought to myself thought how frightening it must be to be a new mom, child, teenager, elderly person etc....experiencing what’s happening in the world today.

It has moved me to start the conversation with many folks in the family and friends about how this is affecting them. I found that the silence that was thought to be acceptance of the situation happening in the world was really the fear of speaking about it and making it more real.

We will all come out the other side of this Nightmare stronger and more resilient then ever before. I have faith we will be ok.

To all the Sans family sending out hugs and prayers to all who need them.

Good Morning Robo. Hope you are enjoying some coffee in your HHN mug. Yes, has been hard on so many. Being safe and healthy is important for everyone, and I hope you are feeling better today. Sad some want to excessively profit from needed drugs. Aww, great nephew is getting big. Hugs and well wishes.

And would you believe it? Yep, tea ☕️ yay!

Lynne......food sounds so good!!! Bacon and a pot of tea sounds perfect to me!! Have a good one.....

Robo.....weather sounds lovely....and yes, it`s lovely to get pictures of family far away. I agree, the mental ramifications have been just as debilitating for some than the physical constraints. Especially being away from family. That`s tough and I wouldn`t wish it on anyone.

Have a lovely weekend too.......

We have had a doozy of a thunderstorm this afternoon!!! Quite rare for us.

I went up to Kyle`s room to watch most of it as his faces the hills, and then we moved to our room as it faces towards the sea, so when it headed out there we got some spectacular views. Thunder was so loud.....and even the lightning despite it being daylight was amazing to watch......sky was so balck though.

It`s gone now and thankfully the air feels so much fresher than it has been. And smells unbelievably fresh too.

That`s been our excitement for today.

Confirmed to friends today who had been wondering if we would host a 4th July party next week, that we won`t be doing it. We aren`t allowed that many people together yet, and couldn`t have them inside anyway. We`ve all been so careful since March, it`s not worth risking all the good we`ve done. Told them as soon as we can, we`ll host a party to outshine all other parties......everyone chips in with something so it`ll be a blast!!!! That I am looking forward to!

Tonight Kyle and Tom are having their usual pizza......I fancy a hot curry from my favourite take out place, which is conveniently right next door to the pizza place, so they can pick that up after the pizzas. Just for a change......

May have a pot of tea right now though.......wine later.......🍷

cv1990-S.jpg

After we allowed both labs in our bed, the boxer was not allowed. I need my space. 😊 Yeah, my male lab liked to lay between us, and he was longer spread out length wide than me. He was a good body pillow. LoL And more importantly, all my dogs could care less about loud noises, and trained to not get up until we do.
Lol those would be big lap & bed dogs indeed. This is the first pooch I’ve agreed to let be in our bed since i’m Allergic to them & kitties. He has hair, much better but have to be careful to bathe him regularly to tamp down the allergens from outside
Yes, after the epi pens went from a $ 7.00 co-pay to $ 750.00 -
$1000.00 it was a bit hard to swallow thinking of refilling them. I had mine refilled as the big price gouging just started. I’am sure you saw it on the news they eventually jailed the CEO for manipulating the price of a critical drug needed for so many folks that have anaphylactic allergies.
I am embarrassed to say I’ve never got up the nerve to stick myself. Originally had the old style in a vial. The new pen looked much more convenient but never had the occasion. My issue with them is how they can’t be in the heat, sun etc. makes it difficult to carry with you in an amusement park environment.

My dr literally cringes when I tell him a handful of Benadryl works well enough. Know it’s nothing to sneeze at, keep telling myself i’ll Request another RX.

Family members not being able to be with their loved ones in the hospital. Family members dying alone in hospital (like my stepmom) because no one was allowed to there.
Absolutely. That is heartbreaking beyond comprehension. I really hope I get to physically be in the same room with my mom again soon. Yet I’m not of the sort who are signing petitions to force the nursing homes to permit visitors either.
Along with the virus and the anarchy that is being played out daily On the news to the delight of the news stations. There is an unseen, unspoken fear that has been brewing in the hearts of our young ones across the world.
I’ve lost count of the demonstrations in Pittsburgh, yet another yesterday. I don’t pay taxes to the city, phew, but can just imagine the increase next year. No way did the budget cover this mess
Confirmed to friends today who had been wondering if we would host a 4th July party next week, that we won`t be doing it. We aren`t allowed that many people together yet, and couldn`t have them inside anyway. We`ve all been so careful since March, it`s not worth risking all the good we`ve done.
Aw, but you are exactly spot on, don’t throw out the baby with the bath water;)

You reminded me, jr coming for dinner & to willingly help us haul the mattress down the multi-level/turning staircase. Almost tempted to just chuck it over the first open railing lol. Was having burgers today but he eats a lot of thEm. Guess i’ll Go root thru the freezer for chicken breasts. Have wanted to try a butter chicken recipe and have fresh asparagus i need to cook. My nemesis, can’t bear the taste or smell. embarassing, but a challenge for me to prepare & snap the end of properly if truth be told:blush:

Schumi I bought one of those extendable Swiffer dusting wands! Perfect for reaching high corners and the top of the blades of ceiling fans! No ladders for me.
Just looked up Agatha Raisin, we have it on Prime. I notice with Netflix different countries have different content. Notice it when we go to the US content is different. I’ll have to tell my good friend up the lane about it. Her dad lived in the Cotswolds.

Charade so glad your husband is ok and coming home. Great news.

Lynne we have a soupy day here too. Perfect description.
Our labs used to sleep in bed too. Mostly in winter. In summer it would be too hot and they preferred the floor. We didn’t have them at the same time!

Keisha so sweet the dog wanted cuddles. Glad pooch could be comforted. My pooch, a Basset, used to either head under the bed or down to the basement poor thing.

Robo I totally agree about cardiac rehab. A friend was a nurse in one of those clinics. Just retired a couple of months ago. Wonderful service.

How did I miss the Hogwarts coasters!! Will have to be on the lookout next time.

I’m going to have to check cost of epi pens. Also reminds me I have to pick up some Benadryl and start carrying it. I usually just get a localized reaction to wasp stings. But once had an anaphylactic reaction. Good thing I was home and immediately ran into the house to take a Benadryl. I think it could have been a lot worse if I didn’t have any. I haven’t carried an epi pen in years. Fortunately I haven’t had another anaphylactic reaction since. So the pens would expire and costs lots to renew.
must remember to start carrying the pills with me. Last time I was stung a bee had somehow got up the sleeve of my hoodie while out walking the dog.

I was at the mall yesterday to pick up cleaner and was surprised to see a mom with baby there. Me too, why would you bring an infant into a mall during a pandemic?
And yes, it is heartbreaking to have a family member in hospital or nursing home and not be able to be with them. I don’t know what the answer is but there must be a way to work it out.

Schumi love to watch a good T-Storm. Sadly we don’t get them much. But in Florida I love it, as long as I’m safely in my hotel room lol. I still remember the time we were in Disney staying at the Polynesian. Our room looked out to the Bay and The Grand Floridian. We sat out on the balcony and could literally watch the storm move in across the lake. It was a big wall of gray. Eventually swallowed up the Grand. Then was over us. Torrential rain and so many lightening strikes.

You did the right thing postponing your get together. We were hoping To have one today, but when weather forecast changed we had to cancel too. Or postpone. That sounds better!
If July 1, Canada Day, is nice we are invited over to a friends farm for a Small get together. For a picnic lunch. Bring your own food, for safety reasons. The new normal I guess. These are our friends who have the chickens.

Keisha glad to hear you’re getting help with the mattress.
You would be able to stick yourself if you had to! After my knee replacement I had to give myself injections (In my stomach)
with blood thinner for a month. While in hospital the nurse showed me how. I was freaked. Didn’t think I could do it. I pleaded with my doctor to let me have the pills. But he said no, the injection was much more effective. Ugh. I did it but was very happy when that month was over!

No idea what we’re doing today. Lazy day I guess. Weather is odd. Soupy one minute then sun peeks thru a break in the clouds for a moment. Everything is wet outside. Only us for dinner tonight. No idea what we’re going to have! I plan on making a quinoa Greek salad, and asparagus for sides. No idea what main will be lol. Have to root around freezer. I think I’d like some back ribs! Mr does a nice dry rub.
Bacon & eggs for breakfast was yummy. I finished my coffee in my Donald Duck mug lol so guess it’s time to get moving.

Anyone in the mood for a ribeye......?

Made a run for groceries this morning, getting nice and hot, was actually running low on bacon, so got restocked on that Hyvee was having a sale so took advantage of that, steak sale also, so some are seasoned and waiting their turn for the show.........or grill as most call it, but I make it fun!!!!!

Baked potatoes, garlic butter asparagus, as well as broccoli with garlic butter, we love that stuff!

Caramel crunch apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert.........

Who am I kidding though we always have dessert ready around here!

A rum punch here and there and plenty of beer, sorry folks Budweiser and Miller Lite are the flavors here, with some Happy (angry) orchards once in a while but just don’t currently have any on hand.......

Stop on by, the homies are always welcome!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter