Something About Nothing............ #14

Lazy afternoon so spending lots of time on the laptop with t.v. on in the background. Laundry is caught up for the week so at least that is done. I think I will save my grocery trip until Tuesday. It is just one of those days when I just don't want to leave the house.

We will definitely not be watching the interview. Shameful...

Finished my audible book today, The Guest List by Lucy Foley. It was pretty good. I ordered her next book to read. It does not have as good of reviews but I will give it a shot.

inner over again, always enjoy a good Sunday roast dinner. Made a Bakewell Pudding for dessert.......sometimes called a Bakewell Tart outside of Bakewell.....lol......lovey though and made some custard, perfect winter dessert.

I had to look up Bakewell tart. I know I have heard of it from The Great British Baking Show but couldn't remember what it was. Looks delish!

Had to take our youngest ds for a covid test. Got a phonecall from the school that someone in his class tested positive, so they recommend a covid test, and he is to isolate until the 17. So we moved him I to the basement, and the older Ds upstairs until after his quarantine is done. He is feeling fine...yet. I guess we will.see.what happens. If the school.was.doing their job of cleaning, he should be good and not get sick. Like I said, now we wait. I'm surprised that it didn't happen sooner with all his classes. That class is now transfered to an online platform until the quarantine is done. Hopefully nothing comes from it. He's very seldom gets sick, and has the strongest immune system in the house.

Oh no. Hope all is well with your DS.

Scary Pumpkin, hold your DS does not get the virus.

Ah, that Sunday night relaxing. Chilling with my cup of tea. Full from dinner. Pan fried chicken, with baked tater and steamed corn. Cheesecake for dessert. Oh my.

Enjoy the WD Mac. Hope you are feeling good.

Cam, always feels nice to have wash done.

Pumpkin really hope everyone in your home stays well.

Totally agree not one of us wants to watch the interview. Many here feel they are welcome to get on with their lives as they want but it’s one of those “just stop talking”.

Have some errands to do later but house already neat and tidy so just a quick whizz round needed. Will make Cottage Pie ready for later.

Em is Covid testing at J’s school today so I’m looking forward to collecting L after her first day back in the classroom. Hope she’s enjoyed seeing all her friends.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Lazy afternoon so spending lots of time on the laptop with t.v. on in the background. Laundry is caught up for the week so at least that is done. I think I will save my grocery trip until Tuesday. It is just one of those days when I just don't want to leave the house.

We will definitely not be watching the interview. Shameful...

Finished my audible book today, The Guest List by Lucy Foley. It was pretty good. I ordered her next book to read. It does not have as good of reviews but I will give it a shot.

I had to look up Bakewell tart. I know I have heard of it from The Great British Baking Show but couldn't remember what it was. Looks delish!

Oh no. Hope all is well with your DS.

lol....Bakewell Tart as most call it, is delicious.....

I haven`t seen that book or author, will have a look. It`s funny how you can love a book by one author and hate another. I`ve had that many times, but usually persevere with books unless they`re totally ridiculous. I do remember 50 Shades of Grey that everyone raved about......ignoring the subject matter, I thought it was one of the worst written books I`d ever tried to read. It was like a 13 year old had written it.....dreadful!

Seen bits of the interview. That`s enough for me.

Have a good week cam......

We have rain this morning, quite unusual after such a dry spell for so long.

Today is phone calls and a quick visit to pick up an accessory we ordered for the bathroom. And still need a couple of picture frames too. Will have a look.

Ham joint cooking for tonight and no doubt leftovers for lunch tomorrow.....Tom loves a sandwich next day. Breakfast was cereal, boring.......and lunch is parma ham for me. Very much a ham day ahead.

i-2FxvVFt-Th.gif

cv8-M.jpg

cv29%20%282%29-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday​

Ah yes,
401D186D-7037-48F4-83AB-612FF5E30355.jpeg

Yeah, a Monday is here. And with a very clear overnight sky, a clear and a wee bit cool 23F. But should be a bright and beautiful sunrise, as this High Weather System is keeping the clouds away.

Yeah, I hope those wanting their 5 minutes of fame, go home and enjoy family life.

And so, nice L can go back to school, as I think it is good to be social at school. Part of learning is to be able to get along with others. I hope L had fun. Cottage pie sounds delicious.

Schumi, hope the rain stopped, and yum, bet the house is smelling good with the ham cooking. Enjoy lunch, as almost lunchtime for you. Hope you enjoyed at least a cup of tea today.

Ah, for me, tea and that week day routine of being bright and bushy, up before dawn.

A most marvelous Monday to all the homies. And a Good Morning to Julie and Schumi, and each and every homie.

That ever happy time, when the tea cup needs a refill. Then off to see what for my breakfast. May be also doing that boring cereal.

I just heard that a student at B’s university took their own life over the weekend. There are no details, but I think I discovered the reason for the fire trucks and police cars Saturday night. 🙁

Yes Lynne, rain stopped but not for very long. Drizzled all day really. I do hope your weather warms up soon.

Hope mac’s vaccination went well......should have been done about now.

Busy day doing lots of little things.......got round to making chicken noodle soup, will have that for tomorrow now.

Ordered flowers today for my mum to be sent next week, it’s Mother’s Day in the UK next Sunday and her birthday 2 days later. The florist local to her I usually contact to send her flowers has permanently closed which is such a shame, so went with an online company, not Interflora as they’ve never been as good as promised. One of my nephews has used them and was happy, so I hope they’re lovely.

Now need to get some cards as I have some birthdays coming up too. Will do that later in the week.

Still raining outside.......

I just heard that a student at B’s university took their own life over the weekend. There are no details, but I think I discovered the reason for the fire trucks and police cars Saturday night. 🙁

How dreadful Charade.

Horrible news, Charade. Never easy for family to understand when young person sees nothing to live for. Very sad news. Yeah, guess why police and medical was called in. Hope B is okay, and enjoying dorm life.

Ah, both my kids are still remote learning, so no dorm life for little one. She does keep in touch with her roommate and others that were on her dorm floor. Funny, but none are that local.

Absolutely beautiful sunny day. Still a Winter one, as not as warm as would like. But, weather guy said this morning, a one day peek of Spring, as to be the high of 61F, with more sunny days to come. Woot!

Mac, hope you are okay after getting the second shot.

Schumi, hope your dinner was lush. And nice to send your mum flowers. I have ordered from an online flower site, and was happy with the flowers that was sent. Yeah, our Mother’s Day has always been in May.

Charade, suicide is a permanent situation for a temporary issue
It’s hard for the family left behind

Had my second shot today and side effects started already
I know the drill
Lol

Lynne
Bet you won’t miss building a snowman this week!
You are practically going to have a “ heat wave” this week!

Schumi, your mum will love the flowers for Mother’s Day and her birthday!
Such a good daughter you are!

Hope all the homies will have a great day and week!

Horrible news, Charade. Never easy for family to understand when young person sees nothing to live for. Very sad news. Yeah, guess why police and medical was called in. Hope B is okay, and enjoying dorm life.

Ah, both my kids are still remote learning, so no dorm life for little one. She does keep in touch with her roommate and others that were on her dorm floor. Funny, but none are that local.

Absolutely beautiful sunny day. Still a Winter one, as not as warm as would like. But, weather guy said this morning, a one day peek of Spring, as to be the high of 61F, with more sunny days to come. Woot!

Mac, hope you are okay after getting the second shot.

Schumi, hope your dinner was lush. And nice to send your mum flowers. I have ordered from an online flower site, and was happy with the flowers that was sent. Yeah, our Mother’s Day has always been in May.

Dinner was indeed lovely. Slightly overcooked the ham, my meat thermometer batteries died......so it was guesswork. Was all good though.

Interflora were just a little disappointing last time we used them, and I do prefer to order them locally direct, but the place I liked closed. I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Yes, I’ve enjoyed Mother’s Day in Orlando, it was nice getting two Mother’s Day celebrations.

Glad you have some sunshine........

Charade, suicide is a permanent situation for a temporary issue
It’s hard for the family left behind

I know the drill
Lol

Lynne
Bet you won’t miss building a snowman this week!
You are practically going to have a “ heat wave” this week!

Schumi, your mum will love the flowers for Mother’s Day and her birthday!
Such a good daughter you are!

Hope all the homies will have a great day and week!

How true, completely heartbreaking.

Hope the side effects last a much shorter time than with the first shot! Keep well wrapped up!

She will love them, she’s like me and always has flowers around the house, so with us not going up for her birthday/Mother’s Day, and she doesn’t need a single thing apparently.......lol.....her words not mine, they’re a good alternative.

Charade that’s such sad news. Absolutely awful. Hope the other students are well supported to deal with it. There has certainly been a dreadful increase in suicide here.

Mac do take care of yourself and congratulations on receiving the second shot.

We have had another bright and beautiful day. Kev carried on in the garden this afternoon as change in weather must be due - we’ve been very spoilt.

L enjoyed school and particularly being with her best friend. Thought she would be tired but no - currently having a mad hour with J! She received a Gold Award at school for everything she’s done during lockdown - don’t think she was overwhelmed with the badge and certificate but the chocolate bar was well received.

Hope Mum’s flowers are lovely Carole. Online can be hit and miss. An elderly friend’s husband ordered through M&S for Valentine’s Day and they were very disappointed. They were replaced but he was upset about it.

I will get a planted basket to take for Mum and we’ve ordered afternoon tea to be delivered for us. The lady is making two children’s versions which look lovely. Not quite going out but no cooking for us this Mothering Sunday.

:wave2: Mid day stop in!!!!

It is great to hear that HHN will probably be happening this year!!!!! I don't think I am brave enough to visit during that, but I know many people ( including all of you ) who love it!

Got the results already for DS,,,,it was megative. Just as we thought, He is not experiencing any symptoms, and is one of those people who rarely gets sick. So now we just to wait out the rest of his quarantine for him to get back to school. It's good to know that the safety protocols they have in place are working, and that they are cleaning as they should.

It's another beautiful day here. Sun is shinning brightly...they are forecasting colder again on Wednesday :sad: LIke I said, this is the hardest time of the year for me. I am done with winter and just want the warmer temps. Oh well, I always survive!!!! I am pretty sure I will get through this year too.

Opps...forgot to attach the quotes :flower:

I love a good book. I will have to look into that one.
Seen bits of the interview. That`s enough for me.
Me too. Not impressed much. I don't know what She/Him were thinking. Did they really think they would be able to make "THe firm/institution change how they want their public persona change? It just pointed that their family is not different than other families. All families have rifts, with highs and lows. I have always rolled her eyes when news outlets who the clip of her thanking them about asking " how she is doing since the baby has been borm" REALLY!!!!! Your a mom now. All women are overwhelmed, sleep deprived and whatever else. I probably have less patience for them now. Now hopefully they have said their peace, and they will get their " privacy" as they wanted :rolleyes1 :rolleyes:
That is every parents worst nightmare. I hope that in the coming years, the family will find some peace.
The remote learning is definitely different. I hope they feel like they are learning, and not just putting in the time until they write their exams.
I know the drill
Lol
I hope your side effects are not as severe as before. I had read somewhere ( I wish I could find the source) but it simply said that, the more severe your reaction, the better your immunity will be to fight it. I sure hope this is true in your case...it might make you invincible ::yes::

Alright...time to go shuffle a few papers again. Trying to drag out the paper shuffling as much as possible today!!!

Have a great evening!!!![/QUOTE]

Well....
Checked in at 10 at the center for our shot.
No pain when it was given at 10:15

Felt out of sorts at 1:00 so went to bed and slept

Woke up at 5:00
Swollen arm and ouch it hurts

Mr Mac said, “me too”

It’s gonna be the blind leading the blind for dinner tonight.

Thanks for the HBD wishes for DH. He had a nice low key birthday. We went to a local seafood restaurant last night. He had the seafood platter and I had a salmon stack, which was salmon with grilled shrimp and a broiled crabcake topped with She Crab Soup. It was delicious but probably could have done without the She Crab. Definitely not a low carb when you add in the two hushpuppies :) Back to the diet today though. DH ended up returning his sunglasses. I kind of figured he would but it is the thought that counts, Lol. He bought a fishing rod instead.

Glad to see that they are going to start work back up on the new park at UOR. Exciting to see things get back on track.

Thinking buffalo wings and salad for dinner. That may change.....

A cold sunny day today. DH and DS are at my mom's house cleaning out the gutters. I am staying inside and doing a little housework. Will eventually make my way to the store. I will be so glad when it finally warms up. Looks we will get a little break next week with the temps.

Mac- I hope your 2nd jab is easy peasey with no bad side effects.

Schumi- glad the bathroom is coming along. Also, great news on some of your restrictions being lifted. I am sure it has been tough but hopefully the worse is behind us all.

J'amie- It is so nice to purge. Scary how fast it accumulates.
That bday dinner sounds decadent! Yum!

I look forward to that, cheese is a big hit with us. I need to remember the Walkers crisps as an exchange......lol........
Oh my gosh, you remembered! I'm obsessed with these!!

These are my 2 favorites.....may have to place an Amazon order....

I am trying to decide if I will watch the " Big Interview" or not. Never cared much for her. Should be interesting to see how all the news outlets report on the questions. For a couple who stepped down from Royal duties because they wanted privacy...they certainly are NOT trying to stay private :rolleyes2 Just my two cents. I am just glad they are not living in Canada anymore and telling our government to provide their security.
I decided to pass on watching.

Always nice to have a new title to search!

Ham joint cooking for tonight and no doubt leftovers for lunch tomorrow.....Tom loves a sandwich next day. Breakfast was cereal, boring.......and lunch is parma ham for me. Very much a ham day ahead.
My DH is a big fan of left over meat sandwiches.
His favorite is a meatloaf sandwich....I'm not convinced meatloaf belongs on a sandwich, but oh well!

Ah yes,
View attachment 561216

Yeah, a Monday is here. And with a very clear overnight sky, a clear and a wee bit cool 23F. But should be a bright and beautiful sunrise, as this High Weather System is keeping the clouds away.
We finally have a glorious weather day! Almost 60 degrees and a huge melt off of snow!!

So sad......I have no words other than my deepest sympathies are with this poor family...

I know the drill
Lol
Hope it is less intense than last time and passes quickly!!

Got the results already for DS,,,,it was megative. Just as we thought, He is not experiencing any symptoms, and is one of those people who rarely gets sick. So now we just to wait out the rest of his quarantine for him to get back to school. It's good to know that the safety protocols they have in place are working, and that they are cleaning as they should.
Yes!!! Negative!!

It's been a busy day! I took DDs car for an emissions test this morning, and filled her tank as a nice mom does! I then ran my car through the car wash to get rid of the salt and yuck that has accumulated over winter, and filled my tank as well.

I took the dogs for a long walk since we are warm and sunny today! Although they both needed a complete wash afterwards...
Then I did the not fun 'poo patrol' of the entire yard. It's amazing how much 2 dogs can go, lol! I should "cut out the middle man" and just dump the food right onto our lawn! Haha

Made a return at WalMart, a return and some purchases at Costco. Stopped at our local grocer for a couple little items. Feel like I've been all over town today!

Home now. I need to find a new Netflix series to watch. I finished Schitt's Creek and want something else to keep me out of trouble. Any suggestions???

It's been a busy day! I took DDs car for an emissions test this morning, and filled her tank as a nice mom does! I then ran my car through the car wash to get rid of the salt and yuck that has accumulated over winter, and filled my tank as well.
I love that!!!!! Do you want to fill my tank too??? JK :rotfl: It always feels good to get rid of that salt and grossness that comes from winter driving. My Izzy needs a bath in a VERY big way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good evening, Very emotional day today. Thank you for your thoughts. prayers, and kind words. I don't know much more now that I did this morning. DH said that a student shot themself in a remote parking lot on campus. We don't know if the student was male or female, but the use of a gun makes me suspect male.
Dh is annoyed because he found out about this from a student in one of his classes. Lately the administration has been really bad about communicating important information to the faculty and staff. He shouldn't be finding out about stuff from students or the media. I think he's going to address this at the next faculty meeting.

We decided to take B out to dinner tonight just so we could go give her a hug. She hadn't heard about the incident yet, but I'm sure it won't be long before the whole campus knows.

Totally agree not one of us wants to watch the interview.
I skipped it as well. No interest.

Ordered flowers today for my mum to be sent next week, it’s Mother’s Day in the UK next Sunday and her birthday 2 days later. The florist local to her I usually contact to send her flowers has permanently closed which is such a shame, so went with an online company, not Interflora as they’ve never been as good as promised. One of my nephews has used them and was happy, so I hope they’re lovely.
Hope the flowers are nice. I think some of our online places are hit or miss.

Hope B is okay, and enjoying dorm life.
She is doing well. Dorm life is okay, but they are under a lot of restrictions. This time last year she was loving living the the dorm.

Charade that’s such sad news. Absolutely awful. Hope the other students are well supported to deal with it. There has certainly been a dreadful increase in suicide here.
I know that have a counseling center on campus for whoever needs it. They may be bringing in extra grief counselors as well.

It is great to hear that HHN will probably be happening this year!!!!! I don't think I am brave enough to visit during that, but I know many people ( including all of you ) who love it!
You can always come and hang out with those of us in the chicken club. I will be there a couple of days durning HHN, but will not be participating in any of the festivities.

Got the results already for DS,,,,it was megative. Just as we thought,
Great news.

Well....

Mr Mac said, “me too”

Hope the soreness eases up quickly. Tonight sounds like a good night for take out.

I then ran my car through the car wash to get rid of the salt and yuck that has accumulated over winter,
I need to do that too. I think we are safely past snow days now.

In happier news...

Hope Mum’s flowers are lovely Carole. Online can be hit and miss. An elderly friend’s husband ordered through M&S for Valentine’s Day and they were very disappointed. They were replaced but he was upset about it.

I think they`ll be fine, one of my nephews gave me the name of the company. Yes M&S are a let down in many areas today compared to what they once were.

:wave2: Mid day stop in!!!!

It's another beautiful day here. Sun is shinning brightly...they are forecasting colder again on Wednesday :sad: LIke I said, this is the hardest time of the year for me. I am done with winter and just want the warmer temps. Oh well, I always survive!!!! I am pretty sure I will get through this year too.
Opps...forgot to attach the quotes :flower:

I love a good book. I will have to look into that one.

Me too. Not impressed much. I don't know what She/Him were thinking. Did they really think they would be able to make "THe firm/institution change how they want their public persona change? It just pointed that their family is not different than other families. All families have rifts, with highs and lows. I have always rolled her eyes when news outlets who the clip of her thanking them about asking " how she is doing since the baby has been borm" REALLY!!!!! Your a mom now. All women are overwhelmed, sleep deprived and whatever else. I probably have less patience for them now. Now hopefully they have said their peace, and they will get their " privacy" as they wanted :rolleyes1 :rolleyes:

That is every parents worst nightmare. I hope that in the coming years, the family will find some peace.

The remote learning is definitely different. I hope they feel like they are learning, and not just putting in the time until they write their exams.

I hope your side effects are not as severe as before. I had read somewhere ( I wish I could find the source) but it simply said that, the more severe your reaction, the better your immunity will be to fight it. I sure hope this is true in your case...it might make you invincible ::yes::

Alright...time to go shuffle a few papers again. Trying to drag out the paper shuffling as much as possible today!!!

Have a great evening!!!!
[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear DS is negative. And good he has such good protocols around him.

I think we have to get back to bad weather on Wednesday too......

Yes, I think they need an education on what privacy means.

Hope you had a good evening........

Well....

Mr Mac said, “me too”

Hope you managed to enjoy a nice dinner......and hope both the arms feel better soon.......

That bday dinner sounds decadent! Yum!

Oh my gosh, you remembered! I'm obsessed with these!!
View attachment 561403View attachment 561404

These are my 2 favorites.....may have to place an Amazon order....

I decided to pass on watching.

Always nice to have a new title to search!

My DH is a big fan of left over meat sandwiches.
His favorite is a meatloaf sandwich....I'm not convinced meatloaf belongs on a sandwich, but oh well!

We finally have a glorious weather day! Almost 60 degrees and a huge melt off of snow!!

So sad......I have no words other than my deepest sympathies are with this poor family...

Hope it is less intense than last time and passes quickly!!

Yes!!! Negative!!

I took the dogs for a long walk since we are warm and sunny today! Although they both needed a complete wash afterwards...
Then I did the not fun 'poo patrol' of the entire yard. It's amazing how much 2 dogs can go, lol! I should "cut out the middle man" and just dump the food right onto our lawn! Haha

Made a return at WalMart, a return and some purchases at Costco. Stopped at our local grocer for a couple little items. Feel like I've been all over town today!

Home now. I need to find a new Netflix series to watch. I finished Schitt's Creek and want something else to keep me out of trouble. Any suggestions???

View attachment 561407

Oh no I didn`t forget......lol.......I`m glad you like Worcester Sauce flavour too. My favourite is prawn cocktail and right now they`ve brought back pickled onion flavour......so good!!!

Meatloaf isn`t the biggest dish over here, but I agree.....for me it`s not for a sandwich, but I have some funny ideas apparently what shouldn`t go on a sandwich. I did see a picture of a meatloaf sandwich once, think maybe Keisha posted it.....and it looked so good!!

You`re a good mum! Hope all went well with the car. Did you go for lunch in the end?

Try Good Girls on Netflix. It`s on season 4 right now, but we really enjoyed it from the get go.....quirky and humorous, we liked it.

Good evening, Very emotional day today. Thank you for your thoughts. prayers, and kind words. I don't know much more now that I did this morning. DH said that a student shot themself in a remote parking lot on campus. We don't know if the student was male or female, but the use of a gun makes me suspect male.
Dh is annoyed because he found out about this from a student in one of his classes. Lately the administration has been really bad about communicating important information to the faculty and staff. He shouldn't be finding out about stuff from students or the media. I think he's going to address this at the next faculty meeting.

We decided to take B out to dinner tonight just so we could go give her a hug. She hadn't heard about the incident yet, but I'm sure it won't be long before the whole campus knows.

I skipped it as well. No interest.

Hope the flowers are nice. I think some of our online places are hit or miss.

She is doing well. Dorm life is okay, but they are under a lot of restrictions. This time last year she was loving living the the dorm.

I know that have a counseling center on campus for whoever needs it. They may be bringing in extra grief counselors as well.

You can always come and hang out with those of us in the chicken club. I will be there a couple of days durning HHN, but will not be participating in any of the festivities.

Great news.

Hope the soreness eases up quickly. Tonight sounds like a good night for take out.

I need to do that too. I think we are safely past snow days now.

In happier news...
View attachment 561432

Lovely countdown.......and hope your daughter is ok after hearing about the suicide. Always terrible to hear about.

Looks like the rain has stopped, but looks to be dull all day.

Went to bed really early last night and slept like a baby all night. My husband wonders how I can sleep without waking once.......and one of my friends barely sleeps and wonders how can I do it too......easily......I sleep well.

Plan to go out a walk later and as long as it stays dry, we`ll nip along the beach, not going to be too warm, but I have a hat or two to choose from. Although have to check the tide times, even if it`s in, there`s still a part you can walk on the sand, if not we`ll just wander along the front.

Lunch is chicken noodle soup and I have my bread rising in the kitchen already, will bake that before breakfast. Which is croissants and marmalade I think. No idea for dinner yet.

i-DjHxtRw-M.gif

cv87-M.jpg

cv100-S.png

cv19-M.jpg

Happy Tuesday.........😁

64D3DC5E-09AF-446E-9508-E858152D09D1.jpeg

Ah yes, a Happy Tuesday to you too, Schumi. And a Good Morning to you, even if it’s been an overcast one. A cloudy sky for us too, but that nicer day is here. Will be a beautiful sunny morning, with a partly sunny afternoon, and in that afternoon will be 61F. Looking forward to this warmer day. And above freezing this early morning, though 39F out. Another dry day, so happy about that as well. Enjoy your soup with fresh baked bread lunch.

Mac, hope you are feeling better after those side effects from the shot. And yay, the day no cooking for dinner, as hope a Taco Bell dinner will be had on this Taco Tuesday.

Nice mom you are, Paris. And hope the car is fixed.

Ah yes, the loud cooing of the doves are back. Enjoy hearing them in the mornings.

An early start, but always with my cup of tea. So all is right.

Homies have that terrific Taco Tuesday, and eat a taco or three. Tasty. 🌮

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter