Something About Nothing............ #14

I bought 2 jars of pickles this week...been craving them. Uh oh...lol!!!

I'm so sorry for that couple! I'm sure they are shattered and heartbroken...

A Halloween treasure hunt sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you're all able to pull it off for the kiddos!

Disco kitty, love it!!

Oh those storms sound terrible!! Glad you're ok!

Just for you Janet!!!! DD did wear flannel! This gal knows how to dress for an occasion!
She was the highest scoring girl of the group. And the guy in the white shirt was the highest scoring guy.
(I think DD has a crush on him, shhh)
View attachment 615472

Have a great mall day!

I love to go swimming on a cold night! Feels so good to warm up in the water...and then leave with a wet head of hair, lol!

:flower3:

Fingers crossed on the interview!
Hope your migraine is better soon!

DDs night out with friends was 'a blast', according to her! They started with axe throwing, and then bar hopped all around the downtown.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this picture...
Back on the dreaded Bull!! The same bull where DD ended up with a broken finger on graduation week....
Thankfully, the night ended without incident....
View attachment 615473

The dreaded Bucking Bronco!!! That`s what caused Kyle to have back surgery at 18, well landing awkwardly........we always squirm when we see one now......lol.....how can you do so much damage to yourself landing on soft padding.......

Looks like a fab evening for her and her friends, and yes, that is a good looking young man she has her eye on........

Yep, the lady I spoke to said she`d be happy to do it along with a few of us, even with the short notice for next Saturday. Should be fun.

Hope you have a lovely weekend Lori and enjoy DD`s company.

Is it 4:30 yet. This day is dragging on.

Supper will be provided with my credit card and a phone call for delivery of something. I'm too tired to do anything else tonight.

Good new for us Canucks....the " avoid all unnecessary travel " was quietly removed today. Seems the others have even found travel insurance that will cover isolation costs, if we contract covid while travelling. This is such good news for many - who were unsure about travelling. Life seems to be returning to some sort of normal again.

Well...off to email one last item...then head home.

Have a great evening everyone!!!!

I saw that yesterday, good news for all Canadians......

Have a lovely weekend too.....

Good evening everyone. Busy and productive day today. We had an electrician come by this morning and fix some of our wiring problems. He also installed new porch lights.
View attachment 615516

I then went on a wild goose chase for trash bags. Our kitchen trash can is larger than normal, so the regular tall kitchen bags don't fit. Glad makes an extra long bag that we use. I used to buy them at Target, but our Target didn't have any. Neither did Walmart. I finally found them at Kroger.

I talked to my mom this afternoon and hopefully convinced her and my sister to hurry up and take care of POA and the her bank accounts.

Tonight dh and I went to our favorite local Italian restaurant. They were short staffed and completely packed (dh and I got the last available table). The wait staff was doing an amazing job of keeping up with the crowds and maintaining good attitudes. We made sure to mention this to the manager on our way out.

Thanks soniam. It's even worse with me being so far away. I am sorry your family had had to deal with a similar situation.

Thanks Schumi. At this point I really don't know what is going on. My mom doesn't want to make waves in the family and my sister doesn't want to be the bad guy. I never thought that I would have to be the one in charge.

That's scary. Glad you are okay and there was no serious damage.

I'm just hoping she hasn't spent any of the money.

Unfortunately I don't know the couple well enough to know if adoption is an option, but I suspect they have their hearts set on having a baby.

I used to have a really good apple crisp recipe from my short lived days as a Pampered Chef rep. I can't remember if it had oats in it or not.

Hi Disxuni!

They are very heartbroken. Her parents have come into town for consolation.

Great news!

Dh has gone to a movie, so I am trying to find something to watch on TV. Going to have a quiet night.

Like your lights, they are very nice.

Family politics can be difficult to navigate, but in this instance, yes, you need to move quickly and make sure nothing else can be disturbed with your mum`s money. It`s always sad to hear of family issues like that.

Love a lazy Saturday morning.

Bacon up for lunch today, don`t feel so hungry this morning, so will have something light, then BLT`s later.

Planning a Charcuterie Board for dinner tonight, just need to bake some bread for that, everything else is just from the deli, so plop it all on the boards and dinner is served. And will open a nice bottle of red too. Works perfectly together.

Out this afternoon for a short appointment, then no real plans the rest of the weekend. We did have some plans for tomorrow evening, but they changed. So, definitely a quiet one again for us.

i-skrTfRR-S.jpg

cv52-S.jpg

cv98-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday 🍷

Morning all - hope everyone is doing ok. Will try and have a catch up later but just about to leave for the train into Manchester for Beds and Broomsticks this afternoon.

We had four days up in Yorkshire for Charles funeral. It was a beautiful day that couldn’t have gone any better. My friend is coming down here in 3 weeks so we have been busy changing the playroom into a guest room/office. Day bed arrived yesterday and I enjoyed dressing it. Now L says it’s so pretty she wants to sleep in it!

Tomorrow we are meeting with family - 13 of us (and Louie). Will be quite emotional as the first time since Covid that we’ve all been together and the two new babies. Booked at a restaurant to save work for Sister in law or myself.

Take care all and good weekend.

Ooh think I smell Schumi’s bacon cooking. LoL Glad you are having a nice Saturday.

Julie, you are busy! Enjoy your train trip and watching your show today. And yay, for large family get together. It is nice to see family, including new babies to see.

Well, nothing like a weekend, and a change in weather. Those glorious sunny and nice weather days has ended. Hence our run of highs barely 60 degrees, and rain chances, including my phone saying chance of light rain in the next hour, starts today. And since it’s still 50 out now, I think with the rain, and a bit more warmer days, and DH will have to mow the grass one more time. Ah yes, that Fall cooler temps and rainy week has arrived.

Yay, Paris’s daughter having birthday fun with friends, and no injuries.

Thank goodness our Northern neighbors can travel around freely now, Pumpkin. Hope your delivered dinner was tasty.

Ooh we were out early evening and just above the horizon the moon looked huge, and creamy colored. Haven’t see it that large and so clear to see surface in some time. Was almost shocking.

And you know our home well, the kids are fast asleep and doubt will see either for hours still. I was watching something, and next thing you know it was after midnight. When it ended, so did I. But as usual, DH and I are the first ones up. He’s busy today, already, so it’s just me, with tea, and seeing what to view on the big screen.

Perfect Saturday relaxing morning I’m having, as hope you have a super relaxing Saturday too.

Quick pop back in before heading out for foot appointment, enjoying some BLT`s right now.....yep, I`m sure the aroma will wander across the Atlantic.....🥓🥓

We did laugh this morning.....got our very first Christmas card.......little early, and it`s from friends in Australia, they are always early with cards, but not this early usually.....and two Christmas presents I ordered that weren`t supposed to arrive till next week came today too. Quite pleased with being so organised this year and most friends are sorted now and a few for family too.

Quite a nice day today, not as bad as forecast which is nice.

Wine has been opened for later, might have a late afternoon glass when we get home as it`s Saturday.....🍷

81452464-2AEA-4754-B102-EEC92AC75155.jpeg
BE23618C-80F9-4055-943B-A108B030A24D.jpeg

Full day today ahead, just signed in for tomorrow’s flight :). All we need now is for spirit to show up
make more crumbles rather than crisps as don’t like oats in my strudel topping
ah, gotcha. yes, that smell of baked goods is so enticing, better than a candle ‘fer sure
Bet your home is smelling good with that turkey cooking.
everytime the refrigerator was opened yesterday, the mr would emit a wistful sigh lol
Glad you had no damage Janet, sounds ominous though being so close. Oh goodness dogs do know things don`t they.
area up to 6 structures totaled now. very lucky that nobody hurt & in rural areas.
Publix do a Dutch Apple Pie that has pasty and kind of crumble top. I sometimes add cinnamon to the crumble mix too.
that’s along the line of what I will make but, heavy on the pastry portion
I'm glad the weekend is here. Completed the interview yesterday...I felt good when I left. I really hate those " situational" type answering
great to hear. You can breathe now, I’m sure the stress contributed to the migraine. Be well
bought 2 jars of pickles this week...been craving them. Uh oh...lol!!!
DBE02773-9F88-4556-AF7E-18E12FC70654.jpeg
She was the highest scoring girl of the group. And the guy in the white shirt was the highest scoring guy.
(I think DD has a crush on him, shhh)
IMO, she’s the catch :)
Back on the dreaded Bull!! The same bull where DD ended up with a broken finger on graduation week....
Thankfully, the night ended without incident....
i know they say you are supposed to get back on that hoss but… lol good for her
This is such good news for many - who were unsure about travelling. Life seems to be returning to some sort of normal again.
yea!
He also installed new porch lights.
those look great!
I talked to my mom this afternoon and hopefully convinced her and my sister to hurry up and take care of POA and the her bank accounts.
admittedly type A person speaking here, I’d be quite frustrated it hadn’t been addressed already
The wait staff was doing an amazing job of keeping up with the crowds and maintaining good attitudes. We made sure to mention this to the manager on our way out.
it’s important, more than ever now, to complement waitstaff. IMO, they & anyone working in the travel industry is to commended.
I used to have a really good apple crisp recipe from my short lived days as a Pampered Chef rep. I can't remember if it had oats in it or not.
One of my DS’s moms was a rep, I have so many ‘vintage’ pampered chef items that have held up, good as new. a nice little cookbook too.
we always squirm when we see one now......lol.....how can you do so much damage to yourself landing on soft padding.......
yes, even the young & flexible have been taken down by those bulls
Will try and have a catch up later but just about to leave for the train into Manchester for Beds and Broomsticks this afternoon.
immediately thinking of Angela Landsbury (sp). Enjoy your outing!
Ooh we were out early evening and just above the horizon the moon looked huge, and creamy colored. Haven’t see it that large and so clear to see surface in some time. Was almost shocking.
yes, it was quite dreamy looking the past few days. Toss in the giant rainbows for bonus points
We did laugh this morning.....got our very first Christmas card.......little early, and it`s from friends in Australia, they are always early with cards, but not this early usually.
hahaha that’s a riot. I’m guessing she has all her presents wrapped too

Good evening everyone. Busy and productive day today. We had an electrician come by this morning and fix some of our wiring problems. He also installed new porch lights.
View attachment 615516

I then went on a wild goose chase for trash bags. Our kitchen trash can is larger than normal, so the regular tall kitchen bags don't fit. Glad makes an extra long bag that we use. I used to buy them at Target, but our Target didn't have any. Neither did Walmart. I finally found them at Kroger.

Tonight dh and I went to our favorite local Italian restaurant. They were short staffed and completely packed (dh and I got the last available table). The wait staff was doing an amazing job of keeping up with the crowds and maintaining good attitudes. We made sure to mention this to the manager on our way out.

Thanks soniam. It's even worse with me being so far away. I am sorry your family had had to deal with a similar situation.

Thanks Schumi. At this point I really don't know what is going on. My mom doesn't want to make waves in the family and my sister doesn't want to be the bad guy. I never thought that I would have to be the one in charge.

That's scary. Glad you are okay and there was no serious damage.

I'm just hoping she hasn't spent any of the money.

Unfortunately I don't know the couple well enough to know if adoption is an option, but I suspect they have their hearts set on having a baby.

Hi Disxuni!

They are very heartbroken. Her parents have come into town for consolation.

Great news!

Dh has gone to a movie, so I am trying to find something to watch on TV. Going to have a quiet night.
Nice porch lights!

Glad you gave positive feedback when earned!! Seems like too many folks are into complaining these days.

The dreaded Bucking Bronco!!! That`s what caused Kyle to have back surgery at 18, well landing awkwardly........we always squirm when we see one now......lol.....how can you do so much damage to yourself landing on soft padding.......

Looks like a fab evening for her and her friends, and yes, that is a good looking young man she has her eye on........

Yep, the lady I spoke to said she`d be happy to do it along with a few of us, even with the short notice for next Saturday. Should be fun.

Hope you have a lovely weekend Lori and enjoy DD`s company.

I saw that yesterday, good news for all Canadians......

Have a lovely weekend too.....

Like your lights, they are very nice.

Family politics can be difficult to navigate, but in this instance, yes, you need to move quickly and make sure nothing else can be disturbed with your mum`s money. It`s always sad to hear of family issues like that.

Love a lazy Saturday morning.

Bacon up for lunch today, don`t feel so hungry this morning, so will have something light, then BLT`s later.

Planning a Charcuterie Board for dinner tonight, just need to bake some bread for that, everything else is just from the deli, so plop it all on the boards and dinner is served. And will open a nice bottle of red too. Works perfectly together.

Out this afternoon for a short appointment, then no real plans the rest of the weekend. We did have some plans for tomorrow evening, but they changed. So, definitely a quiet one again for us.

i-skrTfRR-S.jpg

cv52-S.jpg

cv98-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday 🍷
Kermit is a wise frog, lol!!!

You know I love a good charcuterie board!!

Morning all - hope everyone is doing ok. Will try and have a catch up later but just about to leave for the train into Manchester for Beds and Broomsticks this afternoon.

We had four days up in Yorkshire for Charles funeral. It was a beautiful day that couldn’t have gone any better. My friend is coming down here in 3 weeks so we have been busy changing the playroom into a guest room/office. Day bed arrived yesterday and I enjoyed dressing it. Now L says it’s so pretty she wants to sleep in it!

Tomorrow we are meeting with family - 13 of us (and Louie). Will be quite emotional as the first time since Covid that we’ve all been together and the two new babies. Booked at a restaurant to save work for Sister in law or myself.

Take care all and good weekend.
Happy to hear the funeral went well, and you'll get a visit with your friend....

Enjoy the family gathering tomorrow, sounds fun!!

Ooh think I smell Schumi’s bacon cooking. LoL Glad you are having a nice Saturday.

Julie, you are busy! Enjoy your train trip and watching your show today. And yay, for large family get together. It is nice to see family, including new babies to see.

Well, nothing like a weekend, and a change in weather. Those glorious sunny and nice weather days has ended. Hence our run of highs barely 60 degrees, and rain chances, including my phone saying chance of light rain in the next hour, starts today. And since it’s still 50 out now, I think with the rain, and a bit more warmer days, and DH will have to mow the grass one more time. Ah yes, that Fall cooler temps and rainy week has arrived.

Yay, Paris’s daughter having birthday fun with friends, and no injuries.

Thank goodness our Northern neighbors can travel around freely now, Pumpkin. Hope your delivered dinner was tasty.

And you know our home well, the kids are fast asleep and doubt will see either for hours still. I was watching something, and next thing you know it was after midnight. When it ended, so did I. But as usual, DH and I are the first ones up. He’s busy today, already, so it’s just me, with tea, and seeing what to view on the big screen.

Perfect Saturday relaxing morning I’m having, as hope you have a super relaxing Saturday too.
A relaxing Saturday sounds like a good way to spend the day!

Quick pop back in before heading out for foot appointment, enjoying some BLT`s right now.....yep, I`m sure the aroma will wander across the Atlantic.....🥓🥓

We did laugh this morning.....got our very first Christmas card.......little early, and it`s from friends in Australia, they are always early with cards, but not this early usually.....and two Christmas presents I ordered that weren`t supposed to arrive till next week came today too. Quite pleased with being so organised this year and most friends are sorted now and a few for family too.

Quite a nice day today, not as bad as forecast which is nice.

Wine has been opened for later, might have a late afternoon glass when we get home as it`s Saturday.....🍷
And I thought I was ahead of the Xmas game, wow! Maybe they thought the airmail would take longer than it did?

View attachment 615612
View attachment 615613

Full day today ahead, just signed in for tomorrow’s flight :). All we need now is for spirit to show up

ah, gotcha. yes, that smell of baked goods is so enticing, better than a candle ‘fer sure

everytime the refrigerator was opened yesterday, the mr would emit a wistful sigh lol

area up to 6 structures totaled now. very lucky that nobody hurt & in rural areas.

great to hear. You can breathe now, I’m sure the stress contributed to the migraine. Be well

View attachment 615641

yea!

those look great!

admittedly type A person speaking here, I’d be quite frustrated it hadn’t been addressed already

it’s important, more than ever now, to complement waitstaff. IMO, they & anyone working in the travel industry is to commended.

One of my DS’s moms was a rep, I have so many ‘vintage’ pampered chef items that have held up, good as new. a nice little cookbook too.

yes, it was quite dreamy looking the past few days. Toss in the giant rainbows for bonus points

That 'grouchy' kitty is too cute!!

Off again, lucky you!! Enjoy! Staying at HRH?

The birthday dinner was nice...I love when all 3 of us are together:lovestruc
The chicken tostadas were extra yummy!
And we each enjoyed a slice of the ice cream cake. Vanilla ice cream outer with chocolate ice cream, fudge and cookie crumbles on the inside. Luckily, there is plenty left for the rest of the weekend!

DH and I are going to my BFFs 50th birthday party this afternoon. She and I have been friends since the 3rd grade, and have gone through practically every 'big' life event together.

I made a couple of fun appetizers...cuban "sandwiches" on tiny skewers with a mustard dipping sauce, and caprese on tiny skewers. I figured a 'one bite' type thing might be easy for munching around.

This is us from around middle school age. Weren't we some beauties, lol!!!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

:wave2: a quiet Saturday morning stop in!

Enjoying the quiet of the house. DH and oldest ds are out hunting. So far the rain is staying away, and the morning looks to be great. The forecast was for rain today. I guess the weatherperson was wrong. Youngest ds had an early ( 4 am shift ) so he was up extremely early and out of the house. I couldn't get back to sleep once the hunters were done loading (going in and out of the house numerous times) all their gear.

So I'm sitting with my coffee with bailey's and had a piece of toast to go with it. Turned on Disney and watching some disney documentaries this morning while trying to figure out best flights/hotels, car rental. Direct flights from the west (Calgary) going to eastern lower states are limited - sadly. I'm just trying to limit the amount of layovers and what would be our best solution. I am trying to avoid a layover in Toronto - for winter storm reasons. They can get nasty winter storms the delay travel for days. This is all part of the fun.

Depending on which weeks we go, we might even be able to take in a hockey game and see our Oilers play in Tampa. I haven't told dh that yet. I am sure once I tell him that, I know which week we will be in Florida.

I will be heading out for a nice long walk today to enjoy the last of the warmer fall weather we are blessed with today. That while stuff could come any day now.

Busy and productive day today. We had an electrician come by this morning and fix some of our wiring problems. He also installed new porch lights.
Those look great! I'm sure you are more than ready for the work to be wrapped up now. Dinners out are always nice way to wrap up a busy and stressful week. I hope you get everything sorted with your mom's situation quickly.
Yum!!! I love a good board. Dh loves to whip up a quick board when we gets home the odd night. I love snacky type meals.
Enjoy your time together. Reconnecting with family is exactly what heals.
Dinner was tasty. Ordered pizza from a local joint that has great pizza - that has that great homemade style pizza. Very tasty. I already pulled the rhubarb out of the freezer to whip up a strawberry rhubarb crumble for tonight. Thinking that a chicken stew is also on the menu for tonight.
Enjoy your travels!!!!!!
I think that as our kids get older, we enjoy and appreciate the times we get to spend with them. Happy birthday to your dd. It looked like she had a great time!

Well, I should get myself dressed and MAYBE do a few chores around the house as well. It sure would be nice to have some parts of the house be self cleaning :rotfl:

Have a great day everyone!!!

It’s only 70 degrees today and will put the heat on if temps drop more later

Been close to 6 years since we moved south….
how quickly we have forgotten what a real winter is

AC goes off and heat goes on when it’s less than 70 outside

Lawn service came this morning and expect the fall treatment plan will be applied in December.
Probably another mow or two before that happens

Good to see a lot of homies here today!
Enjoy the weekend !

Wanted to share this part of an interview from an actress, delivering her take on driving in my fair city lol
5BF7D0D2-E8A2-4AF0-A310-990C8715A87C.jpeg
And we each enjoyed a slice of the ice cream cake. Vanilla ice cream outer with chocolate ice cream, fudge and cookie crumbles on the inside. Luckily, there is plenty left for the rest of the weekend!
Yummo
Are we rocking a princess Di cut? Tended to be that or ‘the Rachel’ from friends that era. Dating myself, I embraced the feathered Farrah one
So I'm sitting with my coffee with bailey's
I like that start way better than “it was a dark & stormy night” lol

View attachment 615612
View attachment 615613

View attachment 615641

yea!

those look great!

I`m not allowed to mention Angela Lansbury.....on Christmas Day 2016 after a year of losing so many celebs, I said to my niece over dinner as long as nothing happens to George Michael or Angela Lansbury I`ll be happy......got back to our hotel room and we saw the news George Michael had passed away.......I keep my yap shut now on favoured celebs!!

Yes, complimenting wait staff is so important....so many don`t recognise good service.

Bon Voyage for tomorrow if I don`t chat to you before.......hope you have the best time as always......although I know you will.......:hug:

Nice porch lights!

Glad you gave positive feedback when earned!! Seems like too many folks are into complaining these days.

Kermit is a wise frog, lol!!!

You know I love a good charcuterie board!!

Happy to hear the funeral went well, and you'll get a visit with your friend....

Enjoy the family gathering tomorrow, sounds fun!!

A relaxing Saturday sounds like a good way to spend the day!

And I thought I was ahead of the Xmas game, wow! Maybe they thought the airmail would take longer than it did?

That 'grouchy' kitty is too cute!!

Off again, lucky you!! Enjoy! Staying at HRH?
The chicken tostadas were extra yummy!

DH and I are going to my BFFs 50th birthday party this afternoon. She and I have been friends since the 3rd grade, and have gone through practically every 'big' life event together.

I made a couple of fun appetizers...cuban "sandwiches" on tiny skewers with a mustard dipping sauce, and caprese on tiny skewers. I figured a 'one bite' type thing might be easy for munching around.

View attachment 615673

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

Love the picture of you and you friend from long ago.....I cherish my old pictures of friends from back in the day.......I love the sandwich idea you`re doing, sounds lovely, hope it`s a lot of fun!!! I think I only have one friend from when we were young children, but one of those friendships we may not speak for many years, but when we do it`s as if we spoke yesterday. Cherished friends for sure.

Charcuterie was a simple one tonight, nothing fancy as it was just the two of us.....and no cheese for health, but we don`t eat a lot of cheese in general....and we missed the smoked salmon...but my goodness we enjoyed it. Will post a pic.....

Have a lovely time with DD!!!

Tom was looking at pictures earlier and commented he would never have recognised you from our first meet in Strong Water, to the last meet in Orchids 2019....you look so different......men!!

:wave2: a quiet Saturday morning stop in!

Enjoying the quiet of the house. DH and oldest ds are out hunting. So far the rain is staying away, and the morning looks to be great. The forecast was for rain today. I guess the weatherperson was wrong. Youngest ds had an early ( 4 am shift ) so he was up extremely early and out of the house. I couldn't get back to sleep once the hunters were done loading (going in and out of the house numerous times) all their gear.

So I'm sitting with my coffee with bailey's and had a piece of toast to go with it. Turned on Disney and watching some disney documentaries this morning while trying to figure out best flights/hotels, car rental. Direct flights from the west (Calgary) going to eastern lower states are limited - sadly. I'm just trying to limit the amount of layovers and what would be our best solution. I am trying to avoid a layover in Toronto - for winter storm reasons. They can get nasty winter storms the delay travel for days. This is all part of the fun.

Depending on which weeks we go, we might even be able to take in a hockey game and see our Oilers play in Tampa. I haven't told dh that yet. I am sure once I tell him that, I know which week we will be in Florida.

I will be heading out for a nice long walk today to enjoy the last of the warmer fall weather we are blessed with today. That while stuff could come any day now.

Those look great! I'm sure you are more than ready for the work to be wrapped up now. Dinners out are always nice way to wrap up a busy and stressful week. I hope you get everything sorted with your mom's situation quickly.

Yum!!! I love a good board. Dh loves to whip up a quick board when we gets home the odd night. I love snacky type meals.

Enjoy your time together. Reconnecting with family is exactly what heals.

Dinner was tasty. Ordered pizza from a local joint that has great pizza - that has that great homemade style pizza. Very tasty. I already pulled the rhubarb out of the freezer to whip up a strawberry rhubarb crumble for tonight. Thinking that a chicken stew is also on the menu for tonight.

Enjoy your travels!!!!!!

I think that as our kids get older, we enjoy and appreciate the times we get to spend with them. Happy birthday to your dd. It looked like she had a great time!

Well, I should get myself dressed and MAYBE do a few chores around the house as well. It sure would be nice to have some parts of the house be self cleaning :rotfl:

Have a great day everyone!!!

Bailey`s and toast.....you are my kinda gal!!!

I agree, the older our kids get the more we appreciate the time they want to spend with us......I have some friends who are envious of the ones whose kids will still travel with them.....it`s a blessing for sure. Good luck with the travel plans and enjoy that walking while you can!!

Enjoy that crumble......I made pavlova for dessert tonight! Not diet friendly, but so lush!!

Hope the hunters come home with some food.....and have a lovely weekend.......

It’s only 70 degrees today and will put the heat on if temps drop more later

Been close to 6 years since we moved south….
how quickly we have forgotten what a real winter is

AC goes off and heat goes on when it’s less than 70 outside

Lawn service came this morning and expect the fall treatment plan will be applied in December.
Probably another mow or two before that happens

Good to see a lot of homies here today!
Enjoy the weekend !

That would be tropical for us over here in the travels of the NE wind that seems to hit straight from Siberia to my doors at the front of the house.......lol.......

Sounds good if lawn will need doing again this season.........you have the best weather!!

I know you mentioned it earlier, but it`s been 6 years since you moved South????? Where has that time gone.......

Nothing fancy tonight with the charcuterie, just a simple mix with some home made bread olive bread and all deli bought meats to go along with it.....shrimp were fresh from the fishmonger though......I`m informed you`re supposed to leave the tails on for effect.......not for me.

(Scotch eggs were not for me)

Lovely afternoon. Had my appointment with our surgeon friend this afternoon, foot looks good and no long term issues, then met some friends for a drink in the local village pub and wandered home after a lovely catch up and some nice wines. Had a few calls about the scavenger hunt next weekend, so got them sorted out and then enjoyed the charcuterie board with a fine wine. Definitely missing smoked salmon, but still nice.

We did have mini quiche slices, but they seem to have been eaten before I could serve them up........seems some folks were hungry..........

Found a lovely sweet chilli balsamic vinegar to dip which was delicious......

Some lovely red wine for tonight too......candles are burning and it`s very cosy in here tonight. Planning to watch some Sweeney Todd tonight......gotta love some Johnny Depp.....I`ve never watched this movie, so hope we enjoy it.

B40774B4-DF40-4253-A543-1DA9C57FED80-M.jpg

A5A873F5-D129-4373-81B7-462AFC20DA37-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday evening.......

Yes will be 6 years December 22 since we moved south
Left in cold weather and move in day was in the 70’s

No complaints…
NYE was 79
Put the ac on that day

I remember it like it was yesterday...... ::yes::

So, I didn`t realise Sweeney Todd the movie was musical version, yes, even the Johnny depp version....so, switched it off. Not for me, even with the gorgeous Mr Depp.....

Full from dinner……enjoying a glass or two of wine.

Im normally not a fan of fireworks in any form, but a lovely lady who lived in our village passed away a year ago today, so some Of the villagers are going to light sparklers at 9.30 tonight……we are a little away from them but the daughter gave us some sparklers to light, so we will……..heading out to do that now…..she was a lovely lady, so we’re happy to remember her this way.

Then, another glass of wine………

Evening all. I hope everyone had a nice Saturday. I went on my weekly grocery run to Walmart this morning and I noticed all the turkey breasts were gone again so I'm glad I got one last week. :)

I'll probably watch "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" again tonight.

I hope everyone has a great night!

Todd how crowded are your grocery stores on a Saturday?
For me, that is the one day I avoid going shopping

I am in a small town and Saturday is always packed that day

The boys came home empty handed , but spotted lots of animals. Better luck tomorrow.

Went for a lovely walk as it was unusually warm. Opened the windows to air out the house. Did a few chores, and whipped up chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight. It turned out great. The dumplings were sooo fluffy. I haven't made that in a few years. I will have to remember to make it again.

And the warm strawberry rhubarb crumble with ice cream for dessert 😋. I am STUFFED!!! Tomorrow is a light eating day lol.

Think I'll work on my paint by number and put on a movie. A great way to spend my evening! 615815

Morning all.

Keisha oh yes love Angela Lansbury! Up there with Dick Van Dyke for Em and me. The actress who took her part and the actor who took Mr Brown were both the star of the show.

Amazing special effects and scenery changes. The bed actually flew and we really couldn’t work out how. Same with her flying on her broomstick! Children’s favourite part was under the sea with puppetry fish.

Made me realise how much we’ve missed live theatre.

J’aime I love the photo. Hope she enjoys a wonderful party.

Pumpkin hope you enjoyed your walk. Coffee and Baileys yum - I like it in hot chocolate! When should you hear about your interview?

Charade so sorry to read back that you’re still sorting Mum issues. Very impressed with your home renovations though. You’ve progressed well with the work.

Beautiful morning here - bright and breezy. Will cook brunch about 10 with eating out at 4 so only that meal to organise today.

Peaceful Sunday to you all.

Evening all. I hope everyone had a nice Saturday. I went on my weekly grocery run to Walmart this morning and I noticed all the turkey breasts were gone again so I'm glad I got one last week. :)

I'll probably watch "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" again tonight.

I hope everyone has a great night!

Never seen that before, actually I don`t think I`ve ever watched anything Charlie Brown....

The boys came home empty handed , but spotted lots of animals. Better luck tomorrow.

Went for a lovely walk as it was unusually warm. Opened the windows to air out the house. Did a few chores, and whipped up chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight. It turned out great. The dumplings were sooo fluffy. I haven't made that in a few years. I will have to remember to make it again.

And the warm strawberry rhubarb crumble with ice cream for dessert 😋. I am STUFFED!!! Tomorrow is a light eating day lol.

Think I'll work on my paint by number and put on a movie. A great way to spend my evening! View attachment 615815

I`ve never added strawberries to crumble before, usually apple or rhubarb or a mix of the two.....looks nice and ice cream looks very creamy!! Love chicken and dumplings.......

We do love a charcuterie board, ideal if we have guests over, then we usually have a lot more food options on there, but it did the trick for us.

Glad you have some nice warm weather.....can you send some here please.......

Very windy on this side of the world this morning, wild and woolly all night long, certainly not walking in that today.

Had a lovely late sleep and nice breakfast with all of us which is always nice for the weekend. Still have some bread left over so will make them grilled sandwiches for lunch and I`m going to have some smoked salmon with some salad. Going to cook a joint of beef for dinner tonight, so might make some Yorkshire puddings, have a hankering for them too.

No real plans today, got a friend popping in for a chat later, always nice to see her and some facetime with a cousin and another friend.

i-THGQvKW-S.gif

fun27-S.jpg

cv89-S.jpg

Have a lovely Sunday :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter