Something About Nothing............ #14

Schumi, it is unusual I did grocery shop today.
I don’t get out of the house much but was not going to wait and send Mr Mac when he was to come home in the afternoon today.

We only buy meats etc that we will cook with in a couple of days

We don’t freeze any food except ice cream or some basics such as vegetables that are set to be cooked in a microwave bag

Only times I go out is to the private ladies gym in town
I had to take a pass on it until I had a doc release that i was covid free
Started back to it yesterday.

You did right going out when you needed to.

Oh we`d be lost without our freezers!! We have a chest freezer for when we buy half a cow or lamb already cut into different options. A freezer in the garage that`s a large fridge freezer and same in the utility room. The one in the utilty room is more a freezer for ice.....lol...so handy!!

Yes, glad you`ve got back to the gym.....

BACON………🙋🏼‍♀️

mmmmmm.....always plenty of bacon in our house!!!

Just had a look to see if there were any tickets left for Kevin Hart in September at the Amway Centre.....sold out :(.......thought it might be a nice birthday present for Tom, but I`m too late. Will come up with something else......annoying thing is I saw earlier in the year he was going to be there, but I forgot.

The Man from Toronto looks to be a decent movie so far......

Just when you thot that pesky rash had gone away…

Hello sunshines, I’m baaaack, in black after my crew ran the mr & I ragged. We ate, and ate, then ate some more. I’m at the point I don’t want to look at a carb

CFA4A8DD-6B43-4958-A7D4-05EB05543CCF.jpeg
Happy Birthday Vicki! I am so sorry to hear of your beloved Sasha’s passing, such a beautiful husky she was.

I usually rent mine either off site with which ever company has the best rates or at UO park which has higher fees

Buena Vista is good
Have also used the company recommended on the Disboards
I cannot recommend GMS (gold mobility scooters) highly enough...newer & smaller type that was easy to plop in back of SUV. that was very important for me as first time user of one last summer with the broken foot.

Charge lasted all day. They delivered directly to us at WDW & picked up from bell services at U (no need to be there for drop off or pick up).

Bonus: the price for 8 days was less than two days rental in the parks lol
heard this morning we had 800 lightening strikes last night. Yikes! It was a good show from the safety of my room!
unfortunately, we were marooned on the people mover at WDW that night. Boarded it well before the storm hit. It experienced operational difficulties (numerous stops & starts) that had us delayed

some idiot decided he had enough and jumped out of the vehicle. That triggered procedural lockdown of all the cars. They won’t run them until the entire track, access points etc. have been officially cleared by the staff for fear of running said idiot over.

less than a half hour later, the storm hit. At this point we were just outside space mt before the joffrey’s coffee stand.

For those who are familiar with the area, there was no windbreak. We sat for 55 minutes getting thoroughly soaked while debating if we would get struck with lightening. finally were evacuated from that unfortunate cluster of events.

spoiler alert, we survived. Can’t say the same for guest services:rolleyes1

Loch Ness is stunning. Very atmospheric and even better if you see the monster…..😉 We actually prefer Loch Lomond to spend time around, but any of the Lochs are stunning up there.
after the above incident, i need to take the high road8-). who doesn’t want to see Nessie?
Right now I have a poolside room, but I’d rather not. I wonder if they would think it was weird if I asked to downgrade.
Long as it’s not the entry way view we had. I also prefer the lagoon view
fire ants can pop up over night
Northerners haven’t built up any sort of tolerance to those rotten buggers. Remember my youngest wound up in the ER back home after his visit encounter in U? Poor guy‘s leg was so swollen and painful. none of the ER drs had ever dealt with it beforehand. Had to consult with john Hopkins as to treatment protocols.
He is doing good. Our Podiatrist was out of town and he was given an appointment with a new one and we like this guy better.
well, nice to hear that turned out well after all. Happy, happy to your mr!
Kyle is picking us up early tomorrow morning to go watch him run a half marathon. We missed the last one he did in May as we were still in Orlando, so we do want to be at the finish line for this one. He hadn`t started running this time last year so he`s doing fabulously, runs several times a week doing varying distances and his fitness levels are extraordinary now......he`s so lean!! I`m so jealous......lol....
Congrats to him, he’s going to need a bigger cap in which to plop all those feathers :)
more to eat at that Pig restaurant, and maybe do a little shopping. She likes the bath place there, and we tend to stroll in that huge Disney store
We liked it well enough when it first opened, then felt the quality of the meat declined…too fatty for us on next 2 tries. Disappointing as when it wasn’t overly crowded, a fun place to grab a quick, cheap bite.
Mr Mac did a bike ride with friends this morning leaving the house at 7:30
That sounds encouraging. The mickey mouse Publix cakes I’ve seen look amazing. Have had their cookies. Don’t get the buzz re their hoagies though. Pretty much the same quality as our local WM’s version, somewhat lacking in freshness. northerners spoiled with a hoagies offered in most pizza shops.

speaking of pizza, we are finally getting a dominio’s franchise in the area. can’t say I’ve ever tried it. any thumbs up?

Eh, the dominos pizza where I am is a no, after several times of trying them, Keisha, and they are literally right up the street. We prefer other pizza. No one liked their sauce and lately, not even the cheese. And for the price, we get pizza at our local place, which is closer to the pizza we like. Sad if too fatty. I guess we may still try the Pig. Little one wants to go there our first day. I’m fine with it. Hoping not too crowded when we go there.

Mall was successful for only little one. Oh well. We did a Target run with that coffee on the way out.

So darn hot, I’m not even interested in cooking. The local burger place, we can walk to, and a short walk at that, has very good chicken fingers, and delicious sides, so we think we may let them doing our cooking for dinner.

There’s a horse fly in our house, and keeps buzzing by. I’m going to swat that damn bug. Yuck!

The Domino’s when we lived in the north and the same franchise where we are now are fantastic !

Best pizza around for us
If we ever had an order issue, they redo our order and deliver it
Papa Johns near us has many complaints

Stand alone pizza places near us are decent mom and pop places but don’t have delivery

Hi everyone. Long day today. This morning I took my final anatomy test. I needed 82/150 and scored 138, so a solid A in that class.
B and I went shopping. I didn't realize that this is tax free weekend. I won;t make that mistake again. I didn't find any shoes, but B got several things for back to campus.
When we got home I took a nap, and then we went to dinner. This evening I finished up my finally photoshop project and submitted it. I only need 5.5/100 to get an A in this class. I think I'm good.

Beautifully still day here, but definitely cooler than it has been, very autumnal mornings already and feels more like late September.
My kind of weather.

Takeout pizza for dinner tonight for us and Kyle is picking us up early tomorrow morning to go watch him run a half marathon. We missed the last one he did in May as we were still in Orlando, so we do want to be at the finish line for this one. He hadn`t started running this time last year so he`s doing fabulously, runs several times a week doing varying distances and his fitness levels are extraordinary now......he`s so lean!! I`m so jealous......lol....
I wish I had his motivation. I'll never be a runner, but I need to start walking more.

Ack, to Christmas shopping.
I'm not really ready to think about that either. I don't think we will do much in the way of gifts this year. We are taking a trip for dh's birthday which is Christmas Eve, so probably won't spend much on gifts.

Hit Walmart and came home
parking lot at Publix was quite full but can hit that place another day

Their bakery we can’t get enough of !
They have the best bread rolls and sweets
I really miss Publix. We don't have one here.

For those who are familiar with the area, there was no windbreak. We sat for 55 minutes getting thoroughly soaked while debating if we would get struck with lightening. finally were evacuated from that unfortunate cluster of events.

They kept you on the ride in the rain for an hour??? Yeah, I think I would have given guest services an earful.

speaking of pizza, we are finally getting a dominio’s franchise in the area. can’t say I’ve ever tried it. any thumbs up?
Domino's is pretty average here. We prefer getting pizza from a local place.

Guess I should try to get some sleep.

Making a quick late night stop in!

Not much happening here today. Went out shoe shopping with dh later this morning/afternoon, then I went back to the mall to check a few other stores I didn't want to drag him into. I went into a few places to find a dress for my sister's wedding. I found one I might be able to wear at Marshall's. If I don't wear it, at least I can take it back. They do have a great return policy.

It's not wonder I wait until we get to the big city to hit Sephora! At least if there is going to be a store, there should be stock! 4 of the 5 items I went in to get, they were out of. I wanted to try a new foundation and one other new item - of course, they were out of stock :rolleyes2 First world problems I know lol. Not sure if I will place an order online or find substitutes or go back to the old tried and true products.

Did a little puttering around the house and cleaned a few corners. Tomorrow we will probably head out to get a couple of things....as I forgot to cancel our Hello Fresh order :( So that comes Monday. I will just need a couple of things to help get through the week.

Our local news said they are migrating earlier than usual.....sounds like me.....head South......lol.....
:sad:Please don't say that.
Kyle is picking us up early tomorrow morning to go watch him run a half marathon. We missed the last one he did in May as we were still in Orlando, so we do want to be at the finish line for this one. He hadn`t started running this time last year so he`s doing fabulously, runs several times a week doing varying distances and his fitness levels are extraordinary now......he`s so lean!! I`m so jealous......lol....
That is so awesome! Running if not one thing I can do. I would love to, my knees would not last very long. Half marathon is nothing to sneeze at - That's a long ways!
Mr Mac did a bike ride with friends this morning leaving the house at 7:30

I did grocery shopping for us
It’s rare i do that task
It's great Mr. Mac is getting back to old activities.
It's great your back at the gym again! Come fall, I will be heading back into ours again.
Hello sunshines, I’m baaaack, in black after my crew ran the mr & I ragged. We ate, and ate, then ate some more. I’m at the point I don’t want to look at a carb
It looks like you had a great trip - minus the episode on the people mover!
we are finally getting a dominio’s franchise in the area. can’t say I’ve ever tried it. any thumbs up?
Domino's is o.k. I love their garlic bread - it's salty and super buttery. Totally NOT good for you :rolleyes1 It is not a favorite in our household - we seem to have finally agreed on Pappa John's or a local joint.
This morning I took my final anatomy test. I needed 82/150 and scored 138, so a solid A in that class.
That is awesome!!! Way to go! Your rocking the classes.

@Lynne G that pool and area looks amazing!!!! It looks like the perfect way to spend some hot days. Not sure where your quote went....but hopefully you were able to keep cool.

Well, I should head to bed. I'll leave a ight light on for anyone coming while it's dark.

Dark out here. Thanks for light, Pumpkin.

It’s just after midnight, and 80 degrees out. A very warm night. And we were again losers of those thunderstorms. No rain to see. And late night news said our heat advisory and heat wave continues.

I’d be angry for that rain filled ride, Keisha. Hope rest of trip was much better.

I’m like Cinderella, past my usual bedtime. Time for bed for me. Little one is still strongly awake. Older one, I think, just retired now too. DH has been asleep for some time, so I can see me with a late start tomorrow if he’s restless.

With it only the two of us living here, we do eat out a lot

and it’s not the taco bell and junk food places we go to

We do a lot of dining in our town for bbq / steak joints, chinese etc, sit down places

We`re the same mac.....we like to eat out as a couple as well as with friends, but never fast food. I don`t think we`ve ever been fans of burger type places and never fed Kyle on anything like that when he was younger, so he never touches it either I`m glad to say.

You have many good places around you so why not!!

Just when you thot that pesky rash had gone away…

View attachment 691306
Happy Birthday Vicki! I am so sorry to hear of your beloved Sasha’s passing, such a beautiful husky she was.

I cannot recommend GMS (gold mobility scooters) highly enough...newer & smaller type that was easy to plop in back of SUV. that was very important for me as first time user of one last summer with the broken foot.

Charge lasted all day. They delivered directly to us at WDW & picked up from bell services at U (no need to be there for drop off or pick up).

Bonus: the price for 8 days was less than two days rental in the parks lol

unfortunately, we were marooned on the people mover at WDW that night. Boarded it well before the storm hit. It experienced operational difficulties (numerous stops & starts) that had us delayed

some idiot decided he had enough and jumped out of the vehicle. That triggered procedural lockdown of all the cars. They won’t run them until the entire track, access points etc. have been officially cleared by the staff for fear of running said idiot over.

less than a half hour later, the storm hit. At this point we were just outside space mt before the joffrey’s coffee stand.

after the above incident, i need to take the high road8-). who doesn’t want to see Nessie?

Long as it’s not the entry way view we had. I also prefer the lagoon view

Northerners haven’t built up any sort of tolerance to those rotten buggers. Remember my youngest wound up in the ER back home after his visit encounter in U? Poor guy‘s leg was so swollen and painful. none of the ER drs had ever dealt with it beforehand. Had to consult with john Hopkins as to treatment protocols.

well, nice to hear that turned out well after all. Happy, happy to your mr!

Congrats to him, he’s going to need a bigger cap in which to plop all those feathers :)

We liked it well enough when it first opened, then felt the quality of the meat declined…too fatty for us on next 2 tries. Disappointing as when it wasn’t overly crowded, a fun place to grab a quick, cheap bite.

That sounds encouraging. The mickey mouse Publix cakes I’ve seen look amazing. Have had their cookies. Don’t get the buzz re their hoagies though. Pretty much the same quality as our local WM’s version, somewhat lacking in freshness. northerners spoiled with a hoagies offered in most pizza shops.

Gorgeous picture Janet.....nothing quite like a family picture together on a trip like that, I`m so glad you all had such a wonderful time.

lol.....Nessie "usually" makes an appearance just before tourist season starts up.....some local bod usually spots "something" in the water......so funny!!!

There`s always one isn`t there! Glad you made it out safely.....albeit drenched! And good to have you back posting!!

The Domino’s when we lived in the north and the same franchise where we are now are fantastic !

Best pizza around for us
If we ever had an order issue, they redo our order and deliver it
Papa Johns near us has many complaints

Stand alone pizza places near us are decent mom and pop places but don’t have delivery

Our pizza in the UK is not as good as US pizza, the Domino`s here is dreadful and very expensive for what you get, but my cousins had a good one in LI they did like despite having some amazing local places too.

We have decent pizza from a place about 5 miles from us......not bad at all.

Hi everyone. Long day today. This morning I took my final anatomy test. I needed 82/150 and scored 138, so a solid A in that class.
B and I went shopping. I didn't realize that this is tax free weekend. I won;t make that mistake again. I didn't find any shoes, but B got several things for back to campus.
When we got home I took a nap, and then we went to dinner. This evening I finished up my finally photoshop project and submitted it. I only need 5.5/100 to get an A in this class. I think I'm good.

My kind of weather.

I wish I had his motivation. I'll never be a runner, but I need to start walking more.

I'm not really ready to think about that either. I don't think we will do much in the way of gifts this year. We are taking a trip for dh's birthday which is Christmas Eve, so probably won't spend much on gifts.

I really miss Publix. We don't have one here.

They kept you on the ride in the rain for an hour??? Yeah, I think I would have given guest services an earful.

Domino's is pretty average here. We prefer getting pizza from a local place.

Guess I should try to get some sleep.

Congrats on the good score Charade! You must be doing so well in your studies, hope you`re enjoying the experience too.

lol.....no I`ll never be a runner either......he loves it though!

Making a quick late night stop in!

Not much happening here today. Went out shoe shopping with dh later this morning/afternoon, then I went back to the mall to check a few other stores I didn't want to drag him into. I went into a few places to find a dress for my sister's wedding. I found one I might be able to wear at Marshall's. If I don't wear it, at least I can take it back. They do have a great return policy.

It's not wonder I wait until we get to the big city to hit Sephora! At least if there is going to be a store, there should be stock! 4 of the 5 items I went in to get, they were out of. I wanted to try a new foundation and one other new item - of course, they were out of stock :rolleyes2 First world problems I know lol. Not sure if I will place an order online or find substitutes or go back to the old tried and true products.

Did a little puttering around the house and cleaned a few corners. Tomorrow we will probably head out to get a couple of things....as I forgot to cancel our Hello Fresh order :( So that comes Monday. I will just need a couple of things to help get through the week.

:sad:Please don't say that.

That is so awesome! Running if not one thing I can do. I would love to, my knees would not last very long. Half marathon is nothing to sneeze at - That's a long ways!

Well, I should head to bed. I'll leave a ight light on for anyone coming while it's dark.

Hope the dress is what you want Pumpkin.....I do like dress shopping, but not shoes. I haven`t been in Sephora for ages!!

Sorry, yes, seems the migration is starting earlier this year!! I keep saying to Kyle, bad knees run in the male side of our family, so keep an eye on them in the future.

Yes, he has booked around 4 or 5 10K`s from now till the end of the year and a couple of relay events with friends he`s signed up for too....I`m so impressed with him and when Kyle does something, he gives it 100%, but more importantly, he loves it......

I couldn`t run if my butt was on fire!!!

Have a great day today......

About to head off for the drive to the event, looks to be a lovely day for it, I`ll need some sunscreen before we leave.

Early breakfast, so I`ll be glad of those food trucks and stalls around....it`s not fun if you get hungry mid morning! Cooked a slow cooker ham overnight in a bottle of coke and other herbs and spices, it smells delicious this morning and will leave it sitting in the juice till we come back later today, it`ll be beautiful later for dinner and for sandwiches tomorrow.

i-FVrkD5N-S.png

cv67-S.jpg

cv29-S.jpg

(I have done that 😉 )

Happy Sunday :sunny:

Sunday it is. Gloriously sunny so far this morning. Put some wash on, and now sipping my tea, as had made waffles for DH to take. I’m in relaxing mode.

But as a Sunday, it’s get that trash out and to the curb, and alarm already set for the three day week of commuting. Will certainly be to bed early tonight.

Partly cloudy by the afternoon, but just those white puffy clouds that look like you could just grab them. Some we saw yesterday, were so tall, massive. No rain predicted today. But the humidity is still here. The 80 degrees on my thermometer, early weather news said add 5 to 10 more degrees to account for the humidity. I’m the 80’s percent humidity, so again, that puffy hair, sweaty day for us, this Sunday.

But means countdown is 6. We leave at the end of this week. Time has really flown.

So a super serenely happy Sunday to all. And hope Sue is having a fabulous time her last week of her vacation.

Ooh I need more tea.

B and I went shopping. I didn't realize that this is tax free weekend. I won;t make that mistake again.
We don’t have sales tax in PA on clothing, (non athletic) shoes=equates to a game of chance when buying athletic shoes lol or non prepared food in grocery stores.

the outlets north of me are packed with Canadian bus tours starting early august.
It's not wonder I wait until we get to the big city to hit Sephora!
I wait till they have a good sale online there. tend to stick to my favorite products. Did just order white eye crayon to try that reverse eyeliner trick sweeping internet lol
I’d be angry for that rain filled ride, Keisha. Hope rest of trip was much better.
Honestly, it was more concern for GD. Even tho soon to be 12, her ‘kid’ was starting to peek through more every time the lightening boomed. i had taught her that thousand one, two method of judging how far away long ago to soothe her fears. Hard to assure it’s ok when the flash & sound is nearly simultaneous :rolleyes1

The people huddling under the nearby bathroom overhang were shouting us words of encouragement. Said they had repeated informed security etc. we needed help…to no avail. Where’s lassie when u need her?:bitelip:

had to twist a few arms, they made a good faith effort and promised to re-evaluation their protocols in that situation; can’t ask for more.

carole - how did Kyle do today? That is a massive undertaking in my book.
We`re the same mac.....we like to eat out as a couple as well as with friends, but never fast food. I don`t think we`ve ever been fans of burger type places and never fed Kyle on anything like that when he was younger, so he never touches it either I`m glad to say.
fully admit to enjoying ‘good’ fast food. No, that is not an oxymoron lol

That includes occasionally indulging in our favorite McD’s. Those double cheeseburgers with extra pickles are pretty sweet :).

Admit even their tightly monitored franchises are surely not all equal as to their service & product. We only visit a few. The one near the values at WDW is a tightly run ship. Have run into a few Starbucks that are quite questionable too with obviously burnt coffee yuck

Interesting to read the different takes here re dominos. Will def give it a whirl. The little Caesar’s that came to town awhile ago was so bad it didn’t last 3 months. Too much competition from the indecent shops Problem there tho is they have raised prices by a solid 40% & unable to offer delivery. I can get past that but, they’ve also cut back on their quality, especially the cheese. It’s an obviously different product, awful gloppy mess giving new meaning to plastic cheese.

Going to flip a coin as to whether I’m going to rustle something up for dinner or head out. It’s so steamy/humid here from a solid week of rain. at the risk of being a girl, hate the idea of venturing out and have my newly blown out hair fall :blush:

carole hope kyle does great today!

Thanks so much mac.....he did fabulously!!!!

We don’t have sales tax in PA on clothing, (non athletic) shoes=equates to a game of chance when buying athletic shoes lol or non prepared food in grocery stores.

the outlets north of me are packed with Canadian bus tours starting early august.

I wait till they have a good sale online there. tend to stick to my favorite products. Did just order white eye crayon to try that reverse eyeliner trick sweeping internet lol

Honestly, it was more concern for GD. Even tho soon to be 12, her ‘kid’ was starting to peek through more every time the lightening boomed. i had taught her that thousand one, two method of judging how far away long ago to soothe her fears. Hard to assure it’s ok when the flash & sound is nearly simultaneous :rolleyes1

The people huddling under the nearby bathroom overhang were shouting us words of encouragement. Said they had repeated informed security etc. we needed help…to no avail. Where’s lassie when u need her?:bitelip:

had to twist a few arms, they made a good faith effort and promised to re-evaluation their protocols in that situation; can’t ask for more.

carole - how did Kyle do today? That is a massive undertaking in my book.

fully admit to enjoying ‘good’ fast food. No, that is not an oxymoron lol

That includes occasionally indulging in our favorite McD’s. Those double cheeseburgers with extra pickles are pretty sweet :).

Admit even their tightly monitored franchises are surely not all equal as to their service & product. We only visit a few. The one near the values at WDW is a tightly run ship. Have run into a few Starbucks that are quite questionable too with obviously burnt coffee yuck

Interesting to read the different takes here re dominos. Will def give it a whirl. The little Caesar’s that came to town awhile ago was so bad it didn’t last 3 months. Too much competition from the indecent shops Problem there tho is they have raised prices by a solid 40% & unable to offer delivery. I can get past that but, they’ve also cut back on their quality, especially the cheese. It’s an obviously different product, awful gloppy mess giving new meaning to plastic cheese.

Going to flip a coin as to whether I’m going to rustle something up for dinner or head out. It’s so steamy/humid here from a solid week of rain. at the risk of being a girl, hate the idea of venturing out and have my newly blown out hair fall :blush:

I agree re places like Starbucks......yuk......I know what you mean about good fast food.....can`t think even when I was last in a McDonalds or BK??? The odd eats from them are fine, but folks that seem to let their kids live off them is downright scary!

That`s how my brothers taught me about thunder and lightning....always seems to work, but yes when it cracks and flashes at the same time.....under the bed time as a kid for me.....then I grew to love it! But, yes, at 12, she`s still young enough for it be a concern to her.

He was fabulous today, thanks Janet.......just sorting out some of the pictures to send to you and mac by email we took today!! Proud as punch of him.

lol....keep that hair tidy!!!

So, it wasn`t a half marathon he was running after all...it was a 10K race with over 1,300 runners registered. Kyle came in 106th out of them with a time just over 40 minutes. First 3 runners who are more than amateurs but not quite professionals who don`t do much else excpet run, all came in at just over 30 minutes, so around 10 minutes difference from the winners and with a time he was exceptionally happy with.

The guy who came in 3rd or 4th collapsed and couldn`t breathe when he crossed the line.....Kyle had barely broken a sweat when he was done which is amazing. Last person was just under 2 hours.

It was a fabulous day, boiling hot so although we had hoodies with us, we didn`t need them all day and I was glad we all had sunscreen on. There was a brilliant atmosphere there and we took loads of pictures before, during and after with his medal, shirt and with the members of his running group who had driven up there too. A group picture was nice.

He has 2 10K races to do next month, we`ll miss one of them as we`re in Florida, then he has a half marathon in October and several others booked for next year.

But, it was an amazing day and we had a lot of fun and cheered like crazy when we saw him of course.......

Now, we`re home and I`m yawning already......but sun is still shining, we`ve had some snacks as we ate at the event so weren`t really hungry when we got home, now going to sloth in front of the tv for a couple of hours.......

Last edited:
Way to go for Kyle. Great he is now into running, Schumi.

Yeah, I think with franchise stores, all depends who who is running it. We were so excited to see a Smashburger come. Went there three times. Last was so aweful, we only will go to the one on Conroy in Florida. I mistakenly said my fries were not as warm as they should be, Conroy manager came over with fries he just cooked for me. Mine place, messed up our orders every time, the last had us waiting over an hour, with no food still. They did refund part of the one meal. But that was the last time we tried to eat there.

Hehe, Keisha, little one hates those McD burgers, same with Wendy’s. They are both a short drive, with also a no burger from there, BK like 2 minutes drive up the road. Where we get our take out burger now, is a local burger shop that opened this past spring. That and she will eat a 5 Guys burger and sometimes a Shake Shack one. She does like her Starbucks. I’m not fond of their cofffee, as it always tastes bitter to me. But with cream and vanilla, iced, I will order it sometimes too.

Been so hot and sticky here too.

Made grilled cheese rye filled with deli turkey slices, bacon from breakfast. Tasty with a pickle. What we are having for dinner? Still don’t know. Again, so icky out, no one feels like eating much and taking the time to make it. At least for lunch, only two sandwiches, as was only a little one and me meal. Thus, quick enough to fry them up. My stove heats the pan, generally quickly. So not much to heat up kitchen for lunch.

Beached whale time. Ac has been cranking on and off all day so far. Home does feel just perfect.

Winner winner chicken dinner this evening..
We ate like pigs

Since we ended up with a larger hen than usual,
we will be looking at that leftover over chicken for days to come ..

I have two meals I can think up I’ll make.

If anyone is in my neighborhood tomorrow, come on over for chicken

Winner winner chicken dinner this evening..
We ate like pigs

Since we ended up with a larger hen than usual,
we will be looking at that leftover over chicken for days to come ..

I have two meals I can think up I’ll make.

lol.....I`ll bring our ham and we`ll feast!! It was big enough for two days and will still be juicy today, cooking it in coca cola is a lovely way of doing it. So we have dinner sorted tonight too. We do love a chicken that`s been lovingly cooked!

We slept like tops last night, well, I always sleep like a rock anyway, and up with the larks as usual and what a gorgeous morning again! We are being spoiled with more glorious weather again.

Have some things to pop out and do this morning, won`t take too long, then plan a nice lunch as I`ve already popped some bread into the oven, rosemary, chive and garlic focaccia. We have some sweet chilli blasamic to open and that`ll be nice as a dip for the bread, parma ham and shrimp I think. Better than a plain old sandwich!

This afternoon, the workmen will be gone by 1 or 2pm, so we`ll be able to sit out then as all will be quiet again, they arrived at 6.30 this morning as it`s going to be warm later. Made them their first mugs of tea when they arrived so they`re ready to start the day.

And our Gin of the month finally arrives today.......it was supposed to be delivered on Saturday, but today it is. Gate will be open if they deliver it when we`re out.

Monday again.......only a week till we head to Scotland for a visit.

i-Fws8SMj-S.jpg

95B7CA53-BF75-48DD-8093-D359032ADA04-S.jpg

cv22-S.png

Happy Monday 😁

93ADB93C-BE54-4BA3-BB7D-DA3867B4E6EC.jpeg
Ah yes, been sitting in my office a while before watching the sunrise. Still cloudy, but love that golden skies you see in the horizon.

And it certainly feels like a Monday. Ugh.
But at least not much traffic, and the first of three days to be commuting before yay, no screen viewing for 7 work days. Woot!

Schumi, nice to have a delivery to look forward to drinking, and having some nicer weather. House must smell good with the ham cooked yesterday.

Hehe Mac, leftovers. I sometimes have them, sometimes not. But at least chicken can be made another meal, hot or cold. I’ve made chicken salad before, when had leftover chicken breasts.

And so a marvelous Monday to you all. Hope Sue is having a fabulous time.

And it's Monday :rolleyes2

Oh well, back at work with a tea in my hand...so I'm blessed to have a paying job where I can sit at a desk, with a tea, and play around and not be micromanaged every single minute. I really do try to find the blessings daily.

Had a yummy dinner/supper last night. I whipped up a seafood linguine last night. It was delicious. Being land locked peeps when you want seafood, you will find good frozen suppliers for frozen ;) Tonight is leftovers from the weekend.

Not sure what else today has is store. It's actually half decent today. It will be decently warm today - hopefully the wind stays away. Yesterday was hot...but so windy, you couldn't be outside without dirt blowing into your face.

It’s so steamy/humid here from a solid week of rain. at the risk of being a girl, hate the idea of venturing out and have my newly blown out hair fall :blush:
I just embrace the humidity...and rock the big hair/curls. It's either that or pull it back.
So, it wasn`t a half marathon he was running after all...it was a 10K race with over 1,300 runners registered. Kyle came in 106th out of them with a time just over 40 minutes.
That's still freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had great lap time!
I average around 1km/10 minutes give or take :rotfl: when I'm out and about walking. So his lap times are freaking impressive!!!!
I hope he is able to keep his joints healthy to keep it up!
Gosh...if I was close, I would be knocking on your doorstep!
And it certainly feels like a Monday. Ugh.
It sure does :crazy2:

Well, I should start shuffling some papers! Departments need their papers to do their work too!

Have a great day everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter