Something About Nothing............ #14

Lynne.....thank you yes, enjoying a beautiful sunny day here. Had some seafret roll in for an hour, but incredibly humid now.....and hot!

Todd.....nice picture!

mac.......have a lovely holiday Monday too..........

Lori......yep cheap booze doesn`t come into our vocabulary......not worth it. We have however had competitions between friends at times to see who can find the most odious and nastiest cheapest booze/wine......lol.....there are some nasties out there....never to be tasted though! Sangria was gorgeous, and although it does mix wine with cognac, not a spot of a headache thankfully......too old to deal with them now!

Yes, she is very resilient, I think her mother is more upset than she is.....but it`s looking like April next year for the new date, hopefully the world will be in a better place then.

Glad you had your daughter over for the night and dogs have the right idea......eat, then go back to sleep......lol......hope today is just lovely for you.

Charade.....continued good wishes for your improvement.

Janet.......never tried the grape jelly one......I do like the sound of the strawberry lemonade one they had when we weren`t there. Food coma sounds good.......love when you can just go pick into the fridge for food on days like that......

Oh don`t laugh, I put on 5lbs the 2 weeks I couldn`t taste food.......lol......

Oh so that`s Nashville Trio......always seems a lovely lady, yes she doesn`t post too often.

Had another lovely day. Walked 6 miles this morning, it was hot and humid even down by by the water. Then, sat in the garden this afternoon, two of our friends popped round to say hello.......made a light afternoon tea instead of lunch. Few wrap sandwiches, some scones, cake and they brought some fresh cream cakes she made...she is an amazing baker, but she does tell me I do better meringues than her! I take all compliments ::yes::

So, lighter dinner with just the chicken cooked on the grill.

Thinking now of inviting a few friends over on Saturday night now we`re not travelling up for the wedding.....(thanks mac for the idea) early birthday get together as some were annoyed we weren`t all going out for a meal. But, just going to be us for that on my birthday....we do like it like that at times. So, will see who is free for Saturday.

Book group postponed for this month too as 2 of the ladies have bad colds....and it is just colds. Dropped in on one today to drop off some fruit and a cake. And I can`t remember who mentioned it......it`s true though, everyone goes straight to covid, when general colds are bugs are still around. But, to keep everyone happy, we decided to postpone till October.

Spicy chicken ended up being shredded into a couple of lettuce cups.......nice, not too filling.

I have the power
C70284F2-D0CB-46E2-9B07-5D32EBF92858.jpeg
We have however had competitions between friends at times to see who can find the most odious and nastiest cheapest booze/wine......lol.....there are some nasties out there....never to be tasted though
I nominate Vladimir vodka, think it only comes in a handle, for all the. people lol If ur kids went to college, theyve likely downed it in jungle juice lol

I have to lol, prob the same results fir me as to eating iut

good evening. Didn't do much of anything today except spend a lot of time talking on the phone. It was a nice break from staring at the TV.

geez, sounds like some sort of phobia there…do you know the name of any good therapists? LOL. In all seriousness, rather strange
I don't know what her issue is with that. She seems to think we might need to refer back to the message sometime. I never know which ones I still need to respond to.

I’ve heard that phenom referred to as ”the covid diet”. Figure I’d still keep stuffing my face.
Not the way I would chose to lose weight, but if it happens...

I had emailed, disappointed in lack of alternatives for diabetics with dining options. They have a mile long allergy/gluten free menu.
That surprises me. I would have thought they would have more guests needing a diabetic diet then a GF one.

I put on 5lbs the 2 weeks I couldn`t taste food.......lol......
I hope I can lose a few. In addition to losing the senese, I haven't had much of an appetite.

Most of my symptoms, aside from loss of taste and smell, are almost gone. Hopefully this means that I will be back to normal soon.

Ah yes, trash cans full, alarm set, and both kids online game playing with friends. Pasta dinner, as no one in the mood for chicken. Easy, and that’s okay with me. Even though we had pasta the other day. Yep, and back to an early bedtime for me.

Hope all are doing well, and have a good night’s sleep. And ooh tacos on the menu tomorrow. Yay for it being a Monday and not a Tuesday. And Shana Tova to all, as the new year also starts tomorrow.

I have the power
View attachment 602684

I nominate Vladimir vodka, think it only comes in a handle, for all the. people lol If ur kids went to college, theyve likely downed it in jungle juice lol

lol....I`ve seen that vodka. There are a couple of vodkas here similar in ilk....I think one os Red Square and can`t remember the other, but bottom shelf stuff that is well dodgy.

I remember when that came out!

good evening. Didn't do much of anything today except spend a lot of time talking on the phone. It was a nice break from staring at the TV.

I don't know what her issue is with that. She seems to think we might need to refer back to the message sometime. I never know which ones I still need to respond to.

Not the way I would chose to lose weight, but if it happens...

That surprises me. I would have thought they would have more guests needing a diabetic diet then a GF one.

Having days like that will do you good, plenty of rest and yes, I`m not a huge tv person during the day, I can imagine it`ll be too much after a while.

Yes, hope your symptoms subside soon.

Up nice and early again for an early walk. Supposed to be joined by a couple of friends, but I doubt we`ll see them....they`ll wander down when we`re wandering back to the car I guess.

Going to be another beautiful day here, warm for the time of year, so hopefully a nice relaxing afternoon in the garden again......got to make the most of these days as it`ll change quickly to autumn. Will be nice to walk in though when it`s a little cooler.

Trees are changing, noticed leaves falling off last 10 days or so, but yesterday noticed the colours all of a sudden are changing too. I do love Autumn though.

Maybe bbq tonight, will have to go look and see what everyone wants........lunch will be some kind of seafood and salad, hopefully crab. Breakfast will be fruit and I made large muffins yesterday, one of those will go nicely.

i-CWQgSK3-S.jpg

cv88-S.jpg

cv74-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday​

Yay, another clear sky, so 59 degrees out. But will also, like Schumi have a beautiful sunny, and warm day, with 82 the high.

And so, a Taco Tuesday is here on this short week, the day Mac may want that Taco Bell dinner, and no cooking dinner for her.

So homies, enjoy a taco or two this Taco Tuesday. Otherwise, Schumi is to have bbq, so maybe join her instead?

And back to routine I am. Tea for me. Yay.

Have that totally terrific Taco Tuesday, and may all have a happy and healthy new year.

Last edited:
Hey, everyone, sorry for poofing again! Finally decided to just reset my password since in the past I keep forgetting and locking out. I hope you've all had a good Labor Day if you celebrate it! If not, hope you simply had a good day whether you had the day off, or worked!

Also, it's Taco Tuesday, so yay for those who plan on getting their taco on today!

Sounds like a nice Labor Day for ya Paris. Hope the weather improves and yeah, older one is working today, but at least not the whole day. Glad to hear had DD time, and always good for a sleep late, as my little one is on sleep mode too, with her not having classes today either. Safe travels to get back for your DD, and ooh, I think I hear mine. Enjoy your almost full sleeping house on this Monday.
I feel very fortunate!
Sounds like we have some pretty awesome adult kids who actually enjoy hanging with their parents a bit!

Good morning. I'm feeling a bit better today. I got a little more sleep last night.

Thanks Tink. I am very glad you have a cold and not Covid. The loss of taste and smell is really annoying.

Probably not paperwork, but I may have a lot of phone messages. i have repeatedly asked my boss to delete messages once she has taken care of them, but she won't do it. When I get back I will have to wade through the messages and see which ones need to be addressed.

Thank you. I would hate to have this linger too long.

It is very strange.

I need to find something to do other than watch TV. Maybe I should find a book.
Glad you're feeling better Charade!!!

View attachment 602640
I’m still in a food coma. No idea if I’m going to cook or just point to leftovers in fridge today when that inevitable question pops up
Robbie does do up the trees with such care. did we have the WDW item reveal? Hocus pocus book is very cool.

you need to start a movement there :)

IDK, that grape jelly in the voodoo dude is a big miss for me. :crazy2:Why not strawberry, if anything?

Lol to the cat meme

still kicking myself for not watching it the month it was included on HBO Max.

good times

Late Lunch at M. summer? Circa, well, pretty sure it was the year of the BOGO free APs, long before HP came to town :).

Nashville Trio & her DH who posts now & again, the other couple was lovely, can’t recall their names.

sounds so nice

geez, sounds like some sort of phobia there…do you know the name of any good therapists? LOL. In all seriousness, rather strange

I’ve heard that phenom referred to as ”the covid diet”. Figure I’d still keep stuffing my face.
Sounds like a nice Labor Day was had!!

Happy Labour Day! It’s a holiday here too 🇨🇦 3 day weekends are lost on the retired lol, but my daughters are happy to get a 3 day weekend. No plans today. Should get out for a walk. Maybe around the inlet trail, but then being a holiday everyone will be there!

Charade glad to hear you’re starting to feel better.

Paris love the dog meme, that’s sorta how I feel today. Woke up tired! Didn’t get a good sleep and phone rang at 6:30am. People forget or don’t realize I’m on a different time zone. In this case it was WDW and they didn’t realize. But impressed they phoned. I had emailed, disappointed in lack of alternatives for diabetics with dining options. They have a mile long allergy/gluten free menu.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend!
I think folks do forget about different time zones...
Hope the restaurants at WDW are able to give you good food options!!

Lynne.....thank you yes, enjoying a beautiful sunny day here. Had some seafret roll in for an hour, but incredibly humid now.....and hot!

Todd.....nice picture!

mac.......have a lovely holiday Monday too..........

Lori......yep cheap booze doesn`t come into our vocabulary......not worth it. We have however had competitions between friends at times to see who can find the most odious and nastiest cheapest booze/wine......lol.....there are some nasties out there....never to be tasted though! Sangria was gorgeous, and although it does mix wine with cognac, not a spot of a headache thankfully......too old to deal with them now!

Yes, she is very resilient, I think her mother is more upset than she is.....but it`s looking like April next year for the new date, hopefully the world will be in a better place then.

Glad you had your daughter over for the night and dogs have the right idea......eat, then go back to sleep......lol......hope today is just lovely for you.

Charade.....continued good wishes for your improvement.

Janet.......never tried the grape jelly one......I do like the sound of the strawberry lemonade one they had when we weren`t there. Food coma sounds good.......love when you can just go pick into the fridge for food on days like that......

Oh so that`s Nashville Trio......always seems a lovely lady, yes she doesn`t post too often.

Had another lovely day. Walked 6 miles this morning, it was hot and humid even down by by the water. Then, sat in the garden this afternoon, two of our friends popped round to say hello.......made a light afternoon tea instead of lunch. Few wrap sandwiches, some scones, cake and they brought some fresh cream cakes she made...she is an amazing baker, but she does tell me I do better meringues than her! I take all compliments ::yes::

So, lighter dinner with just the chicken cooked on the grill.

Thinking now of inviting a few friends over on Saturday night now we`re not travelling up for the wedding.....(thanks mac for the idea) early birthday get together as some were annoyed we weren`t all going out for a meal. But, just going to be us for that on my birthday....we do like it like that at times. So, will see who is free for Saturday.

Book group postponed for this month too as 2 of the ladies have bad colds....and it is just colds. Dropped in on one today to drop off some fruit and a cake. And I can`t remember who mentioned it......it`s true though, everyone goes straight to covid, when general colds are bugs are still around. But, to keep everyone happy, we decided to postpone till October.

Spicy chicken ended up being shredded into a couple of lettuce cups.......nice, not too filling.
Yes, with the changing season and weather.....sometimes colds come around. I know when DD was young, she used to get a cold shortly after the start of a new school year.

I have the power
View attachment 602684

I remember that show!

Ah yes, trash cans full, alarm set, and both kids online game playing with friends. Pasta dinner, as no one in the mood for chicken. Easy, and that’s okay with me. Even though we had pasta the other day. Yep, and back to an early bedtime for me.

Hope all are doing well, and have a good night’s sleep. And ooh tacos on the menu tomorrow. Yay for it being a Monday and not a Tuesday. And Shana Tova to all, as the new year also starts tomorrow.
Is that the greeting or well wish for Rosh Hashanah?
I'm not familiar with the practices of Jewish holidays.

lol....I`ve seen that vodka. There are a couple of vodkas here similar in ilk....I think one os Red Square and can`t remember the other, but bottom shelf stuff that is well dodgy.

I remember when that came out!

Having days like that will do you good, plenty of rest and yes, I`m not a huge tv person during the day, I can imagine it`ll be too much after a while.

Yes, hope your symptoms subside soon.

Up nice and early again for an early walk. Supposed to be joined by a couple of friends, but I doubt we`ll see them....they`ll wander down when we`re wandering back to the car I guess.

Going to be another beautiful day here, warm for the time of year, so hopefully a nice relaxing afternoon in the garden again......got to make the most of these days as it`ll change quickly to autumn. Will be nice to walk in though when it`s a little cooler.

Trees are changing, noticed leaves falling off last 10 days or so, but yesterday noticed the colours all of a sudden are changing too. I do love Autumn though.

Maybe bbq tonight, will have to go look and see what everyone wants........lunch will be some kind of seafood and salad, hopefully crab. Breakfast will be fruit and I made large muffins yesterday, one of those will go nicely.

i-CWQgSK3-S.jpg

cv88-S.jpg

cv74-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday​
Love the monkey meme! That's just about my bed head every morning! I often wonder if I rest at all, or just wrestle and toss all night...

Yay, another clear sky, so 59 degrees out. But will also, like Schumi have a beautiful sunny, and warm day, with 82 the high.

And so, a Taco Tuesday is here on this short week, the day Mac may want that Taco Bell dinner, and no cooking dinner for her.

So homies, enjoy a taco or two this Taco Tuesday. Otherwise, Schumi is to have bbq, so maybe join her instead?

And back to routine I am. Tea for me. Yay.

Have that totally terrific Taco Tuesday, and may all have a happy and healthy new year.
Must. have. tacos. today.
Sounds like a brilliant idea!

DHs grandma passed away last night. She went very peacefully in her sleep, just as she'd wanted.
A life well lived, by a beautiful soul....

This was grandma Corinne on Father's Day, just a few months ago. So vivacious, even at 93. She will be missed by us all....

I feel very fortunate!
Sounds like we have some pretty awesome adult kids who actually enjoy hanging with their parents a bit!

Glad you're feeling better Charade!!!

Sounds like a nice Labor Day was had!!

I think folks do forget about different time zones...
Hope the restaurants at WDW are able to give you good food options!!

Yes, with the changing season and weather.....sometimes colds come around. I know when DD was young, she used to get a cold shortly after the start of a new school year.

I remember that show!

Is that the greeting or well wish for Rosh Hashanah?
I'm not familiar with the practices of Jewish holidays.

Love the monkey meme! That's just about my bed head every morning! I often wonder if I rest at all, or just wrestle and toss all night...

Must. have. tacos. today.
Sounds like a brilliant idea!

DHs grandma passed away last night. She went very peacefully in her sleep, just as she'd wanted.
A life well lived, by a beautiful soul....

This was grandma Corinne on Father's Day, just a few months ago. So vivacious, even at 93. She will be missed by us all....
View attachment 602836

I`m so sorry Lori, she looked a lovely lady.

Oh Paris, I’m so sorry to hear of grandma’s passing last night. May the happy memories always be, and know those we loved are always in our hearts. My sympathies to your family and all of your DH’s family and friends of his grandma.

And Paris, yes, a short greeting, meaning good year. In that today is the first full
day of the new civil year in the Jewish calendar, as last evening Rosh Hashanah began.

Ah, love when the sunlight streaming into the windows. Will certainly enjoy my lunchtime walk with shades on. Yay!

Good morning everyone. I actually have something to post about today. Some of you may remember dh's family story from a couple of years ago. To refresh your memory, and for those who have joined since then, let me explain.

My husband is adopted. A few years ago he did one of those Ancestry DNA tests. He matched as a close relative with a young woman in Nebraska. She was also adopted and was looking for info on her bio family. She eventually found her bio father and he is most likely dh's half brother. It looks like dh has 3 half siblings. The girl's father has a brother and a sister. The 3 siblings didn't seem interested in finding out more, so dh didn't pursue the relationship. He does, however, keep in touch with the young woman who is probably his niece. She moved to Los Angeles and we met her there when we were visiting back in 2019.
What we do know now is that the man who was probably dh's bio father was a traveling salesman who had a history of cheating on his wife. One of his sons had a one night stand that resulted in the birth of the young woman. This is starting to sound like a soap opera.

Last night dh got an email from another woman who has matched as a close relative. Now get this - she was also adopted. Now dh is wondering if he possibly has another sister. This woman was born in North Carolina. Dh is from South Carolina. Both states were part of the traveling salesman's territory. Dh is going to write back to the woman today and see what he can find out.

Disxuni - Hi. Good to see you again.

Paris - I am very sorry to hear of your dh's grandmother's passing.

Today is day 5 of quarantine. I think I am feeling up to doing a little light cleaning around the house.

Hey Dix, hope all is well with you. Did you graduate? Memory can be foggy. LoL

Neat story of DH and unknown family finds, Charade. Glad you are feeling better. Though, enough to clean? Ack, LoL.

Ooh that very very early start means still not lunchtime yet. Sigh. More tea for me though.

Glad you are feeling better. Though, enough to clean? Ack, LoL.
If I get bored enough I start cleaning. The kitchen at my office was spotless until all the therapists came back in.

It’s just you and the cat at home so how untidy could your place be..
It’s leftover mess from before I went into quarantine. I’m getting tired of looking at it.

Paris so sorry for your loss. Prayers for your family. Was Grandma the last of that generation in the family?

Charade glad you have some improvement. What a family tree for your DH!

Robo you are so good at theming your decorations! I will do an Autumn Porch decoration but very little inside for Halloween as the children won’t be here.

Glad you all enjoyed your Memorial Day.

We are getting a run of beautiful hot weather here this week. Yesterday our tree surgeon started some removals. They worked so hard in the heat. Not sure when he’s next back to do stump removal but glad things are progressing.

Today we met with son and DIL and baby for lunch. It was so hot but we were under shade and a courtyard so very comfortable for eating. I thought I might struggle as although there are numerous stands at this location (it used to be an old picture house) a lot of them are carb heavy. However the fish stand had fresh Chargrilled Sea Bream and it was really good.

ADFCEB56-806B-4912-A69C-3B69D142CFBE.jpeg

I only use cheap vodka to make my own perfume and air freshener. It’s not good for much else.

Just took a fast 2 mile walk. I carry 10lb weights with me for some added benefit. Now to vacuum the rug, so that I can do my online yoga. Still don’t feel comfortable enough with our Covid numbers to go to the gym or yoga in person. No one wears masks at them.

Our leaves are turning brown, but it’s due to heat and not much rain.

@J'aime Paris So sorry about your grandmother. It sounds very peaceful though, we shiukd all be so lucky to pass this way.

@Charade67 Good to hear you are feeling better,

Just popping in, have a doctors appt soon. Gardener is finally back Today. We were so hot nothing was growing but with cooler temp and some rain lawn is growing again.

Paris I’m so sorry :hug: she looks like a lovely lady. Very kind face. Glad she didn’t suffer and went in her sleep.

Charade I remember, the DNA and family search. I bet it makes him wonder how many more there are. His father seems very er, prolific!
The cleaning bug is a sure sign you’re feeling better! But don’t over do it!

Disxuni :wave2:

Realfood sounds like a nice lunch.

I`m so sorry Lori, she looked a lovely lady.
Thank you Carole

Oh Paris, I’m so sorry to hear of grandma’s passing last night. May the happy memories always be, and know those we loved are always in our hearts. My sympathies to your family and all of your DH’s family and friends of his grandma.

And Paris, yes, a short greeting, meaning good year. In that today is the first full
day of the new civil year in the Jewish calendar, as last evening Rosh Hashanah began.

Ah, love when the sunlight streaming into the windows. Will certainly enjoy my lunchtime walk with shades on. Yay!
Very sweet Lynne, thank you

Good morning everyone. I actually have something to post about today. Some of you may remember dh's family story from a couple of years ago. To refresh your memory, and for those who have joined since then, let me explain.

My husband is adopted. A few years ago he did one of those Ancestry DNA tests. He matched as a close relative with a young woman in Nebraska. She was also adopted and was looking for info on her bio family. She eventually found her bio father and he is most likely dh's half brother. It looks like dh has 3 half siblings. The girl's father has a brother and a sister. The 3 siblings didn't seem interested in finding out more, so dh didn't pursue the relationship. He does, however, keep in touch with the young woman who is probably his niece. She moved to Los Angeles and we met her there when we were visiting back in 2019.
What we do know now is that the man who was probably dh's bio father was a traveling salesman who had a history of cheating on his wife. One of his sons had a one night stand that resulted in the birth of the young woman. This is starting to sound like a soap opera.

Last night dh got an email from another woman who has matched as a close relative. Now get this - she was also adopted. Now dh is wondering if he possibly has another sister. This woman was born in North Carolina. Dh is from South Carolina. Both states were part of the traveling salesman's territory. Dh is going to write back to the woman today and see what he can find out.

Disxuni - Hi. Good to see you again.

Paris - I am very sorry to hear of your dh's grandmother's passing.

Today is day 5 of quarantine. I think I am feeling up to doing a little light cleaning around the house.
Thank you Charade

Very interesting story about your DH. Amazing what technology can help find!

I only use cheap vodka to make my own perfume and air freshener. It’s not good for much else.

Just took a fast 2 mile walk. I carry 10lb weights with me for some added benefit. Now to vacuum the rug, so that I can do my online yoga. Still don’t feel comfortable enough with our Covid numbers to go to the gym or yoga in person. No one wears masks at them.

Our leaves are turning brown, but it’s due to heat and not much rain.

@J'aime Paris So sorry about your grandmother. It sounds very peaceful though, we shiukd all be so lucky to pass this way.

@Charade67 Good to hear you are feeling better,
Yes, grandma was blessed to pass in her own home...thank you

Just popping in, have a doctors appt soon. Gardener is finally back Today. We were so hot nothing was growing but with cooler temp and some rain lawn is growing again.

Paris I’m so sorry :hug: she looks like a lovely lady. Very kind face. Glad she didn’t suffer and went in her sleep.

Charade I remember, the DNA and family search. I bet it makes him wonder how many more there are. His father seems very er, prolific!
The cleaning bug is a sure sign you’re feeling better! But don’t over do it!

Disxuni :wave2:

Realfood sounds like a nice lunch.
Thank you Sue, she was so lovely

And good luck at your appt!

I'm sorry...she did looks like a lovely lady. She went the everyone wants to go.
Thank you, Metro....she was very much at peace and surrounded by love

I truly appreciate everyone's kind words! :grouphug: Thank you so much!

We will celebrate grandma's life on Saturday.....it will be joyful....she'd want us to remember her with happy faces. And we will! The sadness lies not in her death, but in the fact that we will miss her being with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter