fw709029.jpg

fw709030.jpg

fw709031.jpg

fw709032.jpg

fw709033.jpg

fw709034.jpg

fw709035.jpg

fw709036.jpg

The sign at the hot tub still says that the hot tub closes at 10 pm. But, the plastic cover of the clock was broken, and the clock has obviously stopped. Someone needs to set it a 5 o'clock, so it will always be 5 o'clock at the pool.

fw709039.jpg

Next up, just a few more photos . . .

TCD

This guy must be related to Donald, because the lifeguards did not shoo him out of the pool like they did everyone else:

fw709038.jpg

fw709040.jpg

fw709041.jpg

fw709042.jpg

Here, you can see that they are getting ready to reopen the pool. The storm that was threatening blew right by, and the pool ended up only being closed for about 15 minutes:

fw709043.jpg

As soon as they announced the pool was reopen, the slide was turned back on, and folks leaped into the pool:

fw709044.jpg

fw709045.jpg

That's all I have.

As this project has come together, I was disappointed that the pool was not enlarged, and I also thought (and still do) that the hot tub was too small. But, now that I see the finished product, I give the Fort management an "A" on their report card. Overall, this project is a huge improvement over what we used to have. The slide, although smaller than the other WDW resort slides, is fast and fun. The splash zone (or I guess I should say Aquatic Play Area) is wonderful! That is truly a great addition for the younger kids. And, while the pool footprint was not expanded, the deck area was, and there are now more chairs and tables available for those visiting the pool. I miss the deep end, but making this half of the pool shallower makes the pool more usable, and, therefore, the former shallow end is not going to be as congested as it used to be. Could they have made the pool even bigger and better? Sure. But, this project is a huge improvement over what was, and I tip my hat to the Fort management for a job well done.

It looks like there is nothing more to say.

This little thread has been fun. As of this posting, it has been read over 118,000 times, which makes it one of the top three read threads here on the Camping Board.

Oh, I should mention that while I was doing my sleuthing on this visit, I ran smack dab into the Most Honorable Stacktester, Mayor of the Fort! Good to see you Donnie. I'll catch up with you once the weather is a bit cooler, and I am back to camping at the Fort.

It is finished.

The End.

TCD

Some great pictures there! Wish i had taken more but in our two weeks there, we made it to the pool ONCE!
I also ran in to Donnie during our trip, down by trails end. Great to meet you Donnie; one of these days I'd like to meet TCD and Rog, then my fort experience will be complete, lol. :goodvibes

How strictly are they enforcing the 48" rule for the Aquatic Play Area?

I'm wondering because we'll be there in December (and hopefully it will be warm enough for the pools! :)) I don't know that my 4 and 6 year olds would feel comfortable playing in it on their own, so I would hope that they would allow parents or older siblings (we also have a 9 year old and a 12 year old) in the area with them. The 9 year old is probably just over 48 inches tall and the 12 year old is over by about 10 inches. I imagine it will be very upsetting to all four of them if they're not allowed to be in there together because they really just like doing everything together. At the very least, I would hope that either my husband or I would be able to be in there with the little two.

Thoughts? Experiences? TIA!

How strictly are they enforcing the 48" rule for the Aquatic Play Area?

I'm wondering because we'll be there in December (and hopefully it will be warm enough for the pools! :)) I don't know that my 4 and 6 year olds would feel comfortable playing in it on their own, so I would hope that they would allow parents or older siblings (we also have a 9 year old and a 12 year old) in the area with them. The 9 year old is probably just over 48 inches tall and the 12 year old is over by about 10 inches. I imagine it will be very upsetting to all four of them if they're not allowed to be in there together because they really just like doing everything together. At the very least, I would hope that either my husband or I would be able to be in there with the little two.

Thoughts? Experiences? TIA!

The sign with the under 48" restriction has been up for less than a month, so it's hard to say how strictly it will be enforced.

There are no lifeguards on duty in the splash zone. But, they do occasionally pay a visit to yell at the guests. I would not expect the under 48" rule to be enforced too strictly. It will probably be enforced when a bigger kid or kids are causing problems for the smaller ones, or if a guard is having a bad day and needs to vent, but otherwise, I doubt that the guards will expend their energy policing the rule very strictly.

Adults are allowed in the splash zone area. They want you to supervise you kids. There are chairs there for you to sit and do just that. So, no problem with you and your husband going in to supervise. And, if either of you forgets the rules and ends up on the slide, I don't have a problem with that. ;)

TCD

The sign with the under 48" restriction has been up for less than a month, so it's hard to say how strictly it will be enforced.

There are no lifeguards on duty in the splash zone. But, they do occasionally pay a visit to yell at the guests. I would not expect the under 48" rule to be enforced too strictly. It will probably be enforced when a bigger kid or kids are causing problems for the smaller ones, or if a guard is having a bad day and needs to vent, but otherwise, I doubt that the guards will expend their energy policing the rule very strictly.

Adults are allowed in the splash zone area. They want you to supervise you kids. There are chairs there for you to sit and do just that. So, no problem with you and your husband going in to supervise. And, if either of you forgets the rules and ends up on the slide, I don't have a problem with that. ;)

TCD

Many thanks! I didn't know about the new pool and splash area when we booked. It's like an enormous added bonus, and I know we're going to love them. I just hope they don't keep the kids from wanting to go to the parks!! :laughing:

My DS 7 asked me today how deep the pool is. Any idea?

That is actually a very good question.

Because, believe it or not, no one is quite sure.

Here is a photo of one of the pool depth indicators:

FW33109669.jpg

A meter is actually about 39 inches. So, one of the figures given on this marker is wrong.

The pool is just about the same uniform depth. Somewhere between 3 ft. and 3 ft. 9 inches. It seems like the shallow end is about 3 ft. even, and the former deep end is probably 3 1/2 feet or so deep. That is about as exact as anyone can be.

TCD

BTW- I also wanted to note that this thread, which has been a "sticky" here on the camping boards is now apparently un-stuck, and will soon fade into oblivion. To all that have posted on this thread, it has been fun! Certainly one of the best threads ever!!!

BTW- I also wanted to note that this thread, which has been a "sticky" here on the camping boards is now apparently un-stuck, and will soon fade into oblivion. To all that have posted on this thread, it has been fun! Certainly one of the best threads ever!!!

I just have to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed the great pictures and stories on this thread. We leave for our first trip to the Fort in 5 days, and I wouldn't have even known about the pool renovation except for you! I know my boys are going to love everything about FW. I hope to see some of you down there - you guys are really the nicest, most entertaining folks on these boards!!

I just have to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed the great pictures and stories on this thread. We leave for our first trip to the Fort in 5 days, and I wouldn't have even known about the pool renovation except for you! I know my boys are going to love everything about FW. I hope to see some of you down there - you guys are really the nicest, most entertaining folks on these boards!!

Dont forget to post some pictures on here when you come back. Lets keep it going. Enjoy your trip.
Yes thanks to all who made this one of the more interesting threads.

We leave on Saturday for a week. I plan on posting some new pics here when I get back. This thread has been so much fun I don't want the ride to end.

Since we are working to keep this thread alive, I thought I would share this. Each day we were there, the pool was packed. As you can see people were dragging the chairs back into the grass to find some space and shade.

Thanks for the pics. I'm sure my 4 yr old is going to love the kiddie play area next month. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter