somewhat random but DVC related pal mickey ?

jnrrt

Disney Fan
Okay, we're considering the Pal Mickey for our daughter's birthday present when we go down in a few weeks. We played the Pal Mickey game online and so we qualify for a free pin and some extra little sayings for our pal. We're also DVCer's, and AP holders, and I understand there is a free t-shirt for both of these groups. Now can I get some kind of a discount on Pal Mickey because of either of these affiliations, and can I get all of these promos, or do I have to choose? I must admit that if I can get him for 10% off, with a free pin and two extra t-shirts, he's not looking like nearly as bad a deal.

Anyone with any experience here? And where would I have to buy him to get the best combo of deals for us?

TIA!

Sorry I can't help with your question...but I was wondering where is the Pal Mickey online game? Thanks :)

We had this same dilemma when we were there and you can only choose one of the options. You can get the pin, or 10% off, or the AP t-shirt or the DVC t-shirt.

Each option is only available at specific locations, so you are, unfortunately, not able to combine them.

We took the pin and, looking back, wish we had gotten the DVC t-shirt.

I have a related Pal Mickey question too. WSe have a Pal Mickey that we purchased a couple of years ago when he first came out. Will he still work in the parks, or will we have to buy a new one?

I didn't know about the on line game until I had gotten home from my May trip where I bought the Pal Mickey at OKW. So I played the game and gave my receipt along with the game certificate to a friend who went down in June. When she went to the toy store in DTD, she was told the only way to get the pin was to buy the Pal Mickey there.

This happen to anyone else?

Thanks

Cyn

dianeschlicht said:
We have a Pal Mickey that we purchased a couple of years ago when he first came out. Will he still work in the parks, or will we have to buy a new one?
We just purchased one of the older models at the Disney Outlet Store and we were told they will update with the new information just like the 50th anniversary Mickeys.

Stimpy said:
Sorry I can't help with your question...but I was wondering where is the Pal Mickey online game? Thanks :)

It's on the Pal Mickey page on the Disney website. If you go there and search Pal Mickey, you can click on the game on the right side of the main page. It's basically memory, my 6 year old did it very quickly, and then it gives you a sheet you can print out to take with you.

The pin is nice if you are into pin collecting you might want that. I like the DVC member shirt better. We ended up buying two pal mickeys on our last trip so we could get both t-shirts and the pin. Normally we wouldn't have bought two but one will be a Christmas present. I have seen the pin on ebay recently for as little as $10 for those who want to go that route.

We were told that were would be future released of different outfits for pal mickey in the near future.

As for the older version of pal mickey. My understanding from speaking with a couple different CM's is that the older version will continue working, but will not have information on the new attractions (soarin, turtle talk, etc) nor will there be information on the new parades, shows, etc. Also, the new pal mickey suposedly has more games.

Pinmaniac said:
As for the older version of pal mickey. My understanding from speaking with a couple different CM's is that the older version will continue working, but will not have information on the new attractions (soarin, turtle talk, etc) nor will there be information on the new parades, shows, etc. Also, the new pal mickey suposedly has more games.
We were told the older versions would only not have the new games the newer Pal Mickey has, but I'll tell you for sure after we try to update our old Pal Mickey next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter