Songs that say "drink" in them

I’ll Drink To You - Duke Jupiter

Duke Jupiter was a band from Rochester, NY. They played local venues in the Rochester/Western NY and Central NY areas, where they were very popular in the early 80’s. Never made it big nationally, although this song/video was played on MTV in its early years, and will always bring me back to my college days and all my friends from that place and time. :music:

From the lyrics I suspect some drinking has happened;)

That came on my Pandora the other day, always love the opening. When i was little,
"I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants pay for it all"
sounded like, 'I have a conscience pay for it all'.
I was 8yo, what did i know? Also thought Toto was singing "I guess it rains down in Africa."

Last edited:
That came on my Pandora the other day, always love the opening. When i was little,
"I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants pay for it all"
sounded like, 'I have a conscious pay for it all'.
I was 8yo, what did i know? Also thought Toto was singing "I guess it rains down in Africa."

You just made me remember that my mother in law apparently always heard the main lyric of Bad Moon Rising as "There's a bathroom on the right" Whenever the hubs and I hear it we sing it that way now. 😆

Just not familiar with most of these country songs... :confused3

Another from Sir Elton:
Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting

Well, they're packed pretty tight
in here tonight
I'm looking for a dolly who'll see me right
I may use a little muscle to get what I need
I may sink a little drink and shout out,
"She's with me!"
A couple of the sounds that I really like
Are the sounds of a switchblade
and a motorbike
I'm a juvenile product of the working class
Whose best friend floats in the bottom of a glass

Drinkin' coffee black as iron
And I couldn't be much higher
Without fallin' out of my chair
I've been so numb for so many years

The Engineer's Hymn:
We are, we are, we are, we are, we are the Engineers,
We can, we can, we can, we can demolish forty beers.
Drink rum, drink rum, drink rum, drink rum, so come along with us,
For we don't give a damn for any damn man, who don't give a damn for us.

I don't know if this counts, but Spirit of the West, "Home For a Rest"
You have to excuse me I'm not at my best
I've been gone for a month, I've been drunk since I left

Sorry for listing a 2nd song, but the ghost of my old Command Master Chief would haunt me if I didn't add Anchors Aweigh:

Anchors Aweigh, my boys, Anchors Aweigh.
Farewell to college joys, we sail at break of day-ay-ay-ay.
Through our last night on shore, drink to the foam,
Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home.

Haaa, I thought I was the only one to know this song, I heard it when it first come out while in Vegas, and just fell in love with the song
The first time I heard S.O.B., I had to pull over and call my husband and tell him to find it because it was SO CATCHY!! Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats have other good songs but that is THE best.

~
As for me, this is the only song I could think of that hasn't already been mentioned.

Last edited:
Last one......maybe;)

Sitting in Lonnie's house with Nile, Marty, and Patty as they brought out and used all the bong paraphernalia that made me a paranoid horror (total must stay in control freak here) to use. Still, the music sounded good without any stimulants. Those were good days and people in my life:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter