Soooo disappointed...we miss FD !

Tracy72

Earning My Ears
I've just seen that they've extended Free Dining till December.

If we arrived just one day earlier we would get Free Dining for our 9 nights, but now we get none. And we can't even change our dates cause our flights are booked.

Fingers crossed that they change dates or give a percentage off for the rooms.

Just my venting thread !

They may extend the free dining again at a later date so fingers crossed for you.

You could always start your accommodation the day before so that you get the free dining (so make your ressie for 10 nights, starting the day before you arrive). You will have to pay for that night that you won't be there but it may still save you more in the end by paying for an extra night, then getting 10 days worth of free dining. We often do that if we are checking in early (always do it travelling to Europe with early arrivals). Like when we went to DL in December our flight arrived at 6.30am and was early and ended up arriving at 5.30am, it was fantastic, we got to GCH by 8am and as we had paid for the night before our room was waiting for us.

It may not work out to be a better deal but it's always an option.

I do hope that you get a good deal. :goodvibes

Aussie travellers has a great idea there :)
I think you should book a 10 night stay and just arrive a bit later than expected :) though it does depend on how much your extra night is worth vs what the FD is worth

I did think of doing that, but we've got the disney express booked for arriving at 6pm on the 3rd December.

If we change our booking to arriving on the 2nd and we don't turn up until the early evening of the 3rd, do you think that they might cancel our booking ?

I did think of doing that, but we've got the disney express booked for arriving at 6pm on the 3rd December.

If we change our booking to arriving on the 2nd and we don't turn up until the early evening of the 3rd, do you think that they might cancel our booking ?
Many people just rock up...
Especially if it is 6pm. There would be others wanting it at that time anyway and enough running.
But you could just call and say you missed your flight or something...
ME isn't set in stone.

When we last went to WDW we were a day late. Not on purpose but there was a nationwide grounding of a certain type of plane which affected all airlines and of course we arrived in LAX from OZ, headed to AA to get our DFW to Orlando boarding passes (we had our boarding passes from LAX to DFW from Qantas, they said for some reason we can't check you in for the DFW/Orlando let, ah no kidding, thats because the flight is cancelled :rotfl: ) anyway so we are at LAX at 7.30am and had the AA staff trying to get us to Orlando. All flights were full for the next 5 days, we could get on the plane to DFW, but then we would also be stuck there for at least a week so they got on the the job of finding a way to get us to Orlando ASAP. As there were literally millions (I think 3 million was the number) of people were displaced due to this grounding of I think an MD80 on all airlines, there was chaos in all airports around the US, so we were soooo lucky that AA looked after us as well as they did. I was almost in tears as I said we can't be stuck for 5 days, we have paid for our WDW accommodation.

So we had 4 staff members on 4 computers (thank goodness we were flying first class otherwise we would have joined this massive queue for hours just to be served) and they found a flight out of LAX to New York, then got us on a Delta flight from JFK to Orlando. AA put us up at the airport hilton for the day and provided us with lunch and dinner so they really looked after us. Our flight didn't end up leaving LAX until about 1am as it was delayed and delayed and delayed (it was supposed to leave at about 8pm). We got to JFK late obviously and our flight to Orlando was about to leave. We ran so fast, caught some airtrain thing to another terminal, had staff waiting for us at security at that terminal and we were taken straight through, ran and jumped on the Orlando flight which was already fully boarded, they were waiting for us :worship: Thank you Delta.

Anyway so we arrived in Orlando (a full day late). Our luggage didn't arrive on the flight because of the delay of the LAX flight, the bags didn't make the flight, so we lodged a lost bag claim with Delta. We were absolutely exhausted, it was now 48 hours since we left Australia, I hadn't slept in this time because I was calling from LAX to AKL to say we would be a day late but I completely forgot about magical express. So we headed to Magical Express (no luggage and not booking), gave them our luggage stubs and they said they will take care of it, find the bags and deliver them to our room and off we went to hop onto the Magical Express.

So you can still get the Magical Express. We were not booked with them for that day, but we did have a hotel reservation and it was fine, they didn't even question anything, I just gave them our hotel reservation number and they were more concerned with helping us to relax and make us at ease that they will find our bags. The bags arrived at the resort early evening.

So sorry for that long drawn out story :lmao: But Magical Express will not be a problem if you arrived a day after your ressie was booked. Actually, even if you changed your check in date, I would just keep my magical express booking as it is. They have to be booked seperately anyway and don't have to match your hotel booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter