Sorcerer Pass Renew Now or Buy New Pass Later

Gizmo74

Mouseketeer
Our 3 Sorcerer Pass expires first week of October. We have two trips planned for March and June. Should I renew now and save on the 15% discount renewal rate or do I pay full price and have the passes start over on our first trip in March? We are not local so we would not do a last minute trip. We usually do a trip in October (going to Disney Land this October) but could do a trip October trip in 2024. That is still iffy because one of my kids will be off at college first year so we either go without her or she could join us on the weekend or not go. Savings would be about $436 for the three passes.

Savings would be about $436 for the three passes.

The $436 saving is the 15% renewal? But then the passes will expire again next Oct 2024.

If you pay full price You’d get usage until March 2025. I agree with going this route. The extra $436 will get 5 more months of potential usage. If you already have plans Mar and June, you still have 8 months left to try booking another trip on them.

And I’ll also vote for buying new.

You can buy the new vouchers anytime between now and March, to avoid potential price increases, and simply not activate them until March.

And I’ll also vote for buying new.

You can buy the new vouchers anytime between now and March, to avoid potential price increases, and simply not activate them until March.
That’s good to know. I was wondering about this myself. We’re finally able to buy Sorcerer.

Unfortunately our already booked trip crosses into the blackout time so we’ll just use our regular tickets in December. When we do buy APs thru DVC, is it up to 1 year to activate then a year of usage? It’s so funny, our first visit ever during holiday blackout and ends up the year we buy DVC direct 😂 There’s always next time.

That’s good to know. I was wondering about this myself. We’re finally able to buy Sorcerer.

Unfortunately our already booked trip crosses into the blackout time so we’ll just use our regular tickets in December. When we do buy APs thru DVC, is it up to 1 year to activate then a year of usage? It’s so funny, our first visit ever during holiday blackout and ends up the year we buy DVC direct 😂 There’s always next time.

One year to activate, and then the actual year does start first day in the park.

Thanks everyone. I was thinking of buying a new pass since the big gap between trips as everyone pointed out. I started seconded guessing myself and thought I would ask. I hate to leave any savings on the table but make sense buying the new pass and have more time for another trip

I did a similar thing; DW and I have currently activated Sorcerer's APs, and we bought new APs because of an upcoming gap between expiration and future trips. Locked in today's AP price before any surprise increases.

However, if you do this, be sure to call the WDW AP phone number and make sure that the APs are prioritized correctly; that's something that they can see and control on their end, but you can't see or control on your end. A month ago, after doing Galactic Starcruiser, I had a few free hours in the morning before my return flight, so I went to Typhoon Lagoon. I have the waterpark option on my current and new AP. However, the system automatically decided to activate my new AP instead of using my currently activated AP.

Fortunately, I caught it quickly, and called the AP support number. They had to escalate the issue a few levels, but finally got it reset.

So I am in the same boat. Our AP expire tomorrow and we don’t have a trip planned until February. We are Florida residents so I don’t know if that’s pertinent. We were at WDW last week and I stopped into a ticket center and to renew with photo pass was $965 and a new pass was $1137. Of course they said prices could go up or they could stop selling them (doubtful to me) so we didnt do anything. I just renewed last night and after reading this I did not know we could buy a new pass and hold it for the 5 months?? Paying the additional $172 per pass would buy us potentially 4 extra months of use.
1. Is that worth doing?
2. Since I already renewed is it too late or can I call and ask them to cancel and sell me a new pass?

So I am in the same boat. Our AP expire tomorrow and we don’t have a trip planned until February. We are Florida residents so I don’t know if that’s pertinent. We were at WDW last week and I stopped into a ticket center and to renew with photo pass was $965 and a new pass was $1137. Of course they said prices could go up or they could stop selling them (doubtful to me) so we didnt do anything. I just renewed last night and after reading this I did not know we could buy a new pass and hold it for the 5 months?? Paying the additional $172 per pass would buy us potentially 4 extra months of use.
1. Is that worth doing?
2. Since I already renewed is it too late or can I call and ask them to cancel and sell me a new pass?

I would call and ask that you be able to just buy the new pass….to me, it makes a lot of sense.

I would call and ask that you be able to just buy the new pass….to me, it makes a lot of sense.
Ok I just thought of something that might be wrench in this.… My February trip is booked with an annual pass discount that just came out. If my annual pass expires and I dont activate my pass until that trip will I lose my discount since I will no longer technically have an annual pass? The room discounts far exceed the extra im paying on the annual pass

I have the same situation. Mine expires 10/1, my next trip is 2/9. I plan on buying new, I should get that done this weekend before a price increase sneaks in.

Ok I just thought of something that might be wrench in this.… My February trip is booked with an annual pass discount that just came out. If my annual pass expires and I dont activate my pass until that trip will I lose my discount since I will no longer technically have an annual pass? The room discounts far exceed the extra im paying on the annual pass
You can ask on the general Disney Resorts forum to confirm (https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-resorts.12/), but I believe that as long as you can show your activated AP within 24 hours of checkin, your AP discount will remain in place. You can activate at any ticket booth or GR, including at DS, so depending on what time you arrive at WDW you might be able to activate before arriving at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter