Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

Disney has made it so that there are no benefits for resale members so there really is no point in issuing any card to those who bought resale. (We've purchased both direct and resale) They would only need internal acknowledgement for CMs to be able to answer member questions.

There would still need to be a way to show DVC membership without blue card benefits in order to access TOWL and pool hop. Whether it's just noted on the MB or a different digital card of some sort.

There would still need to be a way to show DVC membership without blue card benefits in order to access TOWL and pool hop. Whether it's just noted on the MB or a different digital card of some sort.
That assumes that TOTWL and/or pool hopping return. Of course, you're right that there would need to be some sort of membership confirmation for using the community rooms, borrowing DVDs, etc., assuming those don't go away.

I think that the MB could show it when pulling up the reservation. But, I have my doubts pool hopping will come back.

And there is nothing to say they have to let all owners into TOTWL. Ot they could make it something open to all guests staying at BLT only, cash or points. Or become something available to everyone.

So, I could see them not having something to denote it.

I just had a thought. All blue cards expire end of the year. They said a new digital option is coming.
I hadn’t heard that… very interesting!

… I'm hoping for a system that ties all discount eligibility into magic band accounts, and discounts are automatically applied when they are scanned. That could include AP Discounts, TiW, and so forth. …
YES!!! Then I wouldn’t have to remember to ask for it, either! Please, please automate!!

This is the way.

Reactions: cm8
I hadn’t heard that… very interesting!

YES!!! Then I wouldn’t have to remember to ask for it, either! Please, please automate!!

This is the way.

It seems pretty likely that it will be tied to magic bands, but that you will have to ask for it anyway. You ask, they scan the magic band when prompted. Disney isn't in the business of letting money slip between their fingers.

Or maybe those with White Cards will have something that just shows their number with a notation that it is not valid for ticket media discount or shopping perks. I'm hoping for a system that ties all discount eligibility into magic band accounts, and discounts are automatically applied when they are scanned. That could include AP Discounts, TiW, and so forth. But knowing Disney IT, I'm thinking the former option.
I'm really surprised it hasn't all been rolled into the MDE app yet. The app clearly knows I'm an AP holder so why not just let me scan in rather than having to carry the card around in addition to my Magic Band?

I was speaking to the “Blue Card Brigade” that gets offended whenever something like this happens and it becomes their life mission to bellyache about it. Seems some people thrive on it.
I think anyone who owns DVC and pays their dues should be entitled to perks like AP discounts, etc. They are carrying their share of the MF load just like I am.
I find the whole blue card and white card thing hilarious. I'm pre-colors and part-time FL resident with my own benefits so don't really feel strongly either way.

But by golly, the white card only folks feel like Canadians to blue card Americans. Most white card only folks are overly proud of their uniqueness and yet know everything there is to know about their blue card cousins while simultaneously looking down on them. I'm fairly certain blue card folks don't really spend a considerable amount of time thinking about white cards folks. I doubt the blue card holders could even name a state or the President of Canada or I mean Whitecardlandia.

The real value is in the mixed families that have one foot in each camp, they get the benefit of maple syrup and apple pie but aren't overly judgmental of either side. Maybe white cards are blue cards covered in snow? Either way, probably best we spend more time getting along. After all, the VGF points have been on sale for half a month and the point charts we all like to complain about are overdue by a week.

I will just add that for year and half dvc has been telling us they can’t sell annual passes despite having as perk on site because they didn’t control the sales. I think this scenario is further showing dvc doesn’t have control over the ap benefit for members and it is park/ticket decision. I almost wonder if the real issue here now is that this was conscious decision from parks side to offer to all dvc like they offer to all Florida residents with idea Dvc members with annual passes spend enough extra to make it worthwhile to parks.

I’m blue card and am glad for white cards they get this benefit now. However, since this is main selling point for dvc direct they need to find an additional benefit to offer us to make direct worth while in future (even the resale restrictions at riviera lose some of their weight with reflections canceled and gfv2 expected to come into o14 rules).

I was at Disney this past week (week of Oct10) and as a White Card/resale owner was able to get a Sorcerer AP pass. I got mine at Disney Springs at the Ticket Services building next to the Welcome Center building. They didn't seem to care or know about the differences between the two dvc membership levels.

Last edited:
However, since this is main selling point for dvc direct they need to find an additional benefit to offer us to make direct worth while in future (even the resale restrictions at riviera lose some of their weight with reflections canceled and gfv2 expected to come into o14 rules).

Blue cards seem to work with whatever DVD has direct control of...exclusive events (ride premieres, Moonlight Magic, member holiday dinners/parties, etc.) and the Epcot lounge. They don’t seem to have any control over park and ticketing enforcement. To be honest, onsite ticketing has always played by their own rules. The WDWTC tried to set rules for package tickets (early pickup) telling guests one thing, while onsite ticketing did another

Blue cards seem to work with whatever DVD has direct control of...exclusive events (ride premieres, Moonlight Magic, member holiday dinners/parties, etc.) and the Epcot lounge. They don’t seem to have any control over park and ticketing enforcement. To be honest, onsite ticketing has always played by their own rules. The WDWTC tried to set rules for package tickets (early pickup) telling guests one thing, while onsite ticketing did another

When they were selling the gold pass they were pretty strict in requiring the blue card.

But it is obvious that parks have decided to allow all to get it not matter what DVD says.

I'm wondering if this is because new CMs are not fully trained, or if they want to avoid boisterous in person confrontations with "Karens" and providing fuel for viral videos

I find the whole blue card and white card thing hilarious. I'm pre-colors and part-time FL resident with my own benefits so don't really feel strongly either way.

But by golly, the white card only folks feel like Canadians to blue card Americans. Most white card only folks are overly proud of their uniqueness and yet know everything there is to know about their blue card cousins while simultaneously looking down on them. I'm fairly certain blue card folks don't really spend a considerable amount of time thinking about white cards folks. I doubt the blue card holders could even name a state or the President of Canada or I mean Whitecardlandia.

The real value is in the mixed families that have one foot in each camp, they get the benefit of maple syrup and apple pie but aren't overly judgmental of either side. Maybe white cards are blue cards covered in snow? Either way, probably best we spend more time getting along. After all, the VGF points have been on sale for half a month and the point charts we all like to complain about are overdue by a week.
Seriously? Nice stereotyping - and no I don’t care where you’re from. Your comments are ridiculously offensive.

I just had a thought. All blue cards expire end of the year. They said a new digital option is coming.

I now wonder if we will see a change where those not eligible for discounts will no longer be given anything?

No more white vs blue? Just those eligible for discounts will have something as those not eligible really don’t need it for anything.
When I went at the end of July and showed a screenshot of my white card the CM told me instead to show them my membership on MDE app (it only shows that I am a DVC member but it doesn't distinguish between direct or resale) and since then that is what I have been showing to get discounts.

When I went at the end of July and showed a screenshot of my white card the CM told me instead to show them my membership on MDE app (it only shows that I am a DVC member but it doesn't distinguish between direct or resale) and since then that is what I have been showing to get discounts.

That is interesting because I have always been asked for the card. I was there in mid July and was asked for it every time when I said I was DVC. However, I have not been since the new AP's went on sale, and since there has been an increase in those not eligible for membership magic reporting they are getting discounts.

I go next week so I am going to try using my white card vs. my blue card and see what happens!

But this just goes to show that this should not be inconsistent and CM dependent. If the discount is now for all, or DPEP has decided to give it to all, then they should just tell DVD they are doing it and DVD should have DVC take the language off of the website, and apply the same rules as those CMs in the park.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter