Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

That’s my experience over the phone as well. Upgraded to APs from park hopper with no issues.

Two phone calls and both cast members from ticketing said DVC members qualify. Just FYI that both knew the difference between a blue and white card and I was still able to purchase. I really only called back the second time because I didn’t want to show up and have issues and the second call confirmed we are good to go. The second rep said this is not a membership extra it is a offer to DVC members.

I think what’s happening is when people are calling ticketing to purchase an annual pass and don’t already have existing tickets are directed to DVC member services and DVC reps say no. I believe the way to go is once you have a park ticket even for just one day to call general ticketing to upgrade.

Remember that DVD (think direct sales) negotiates membership extras and not DVC.

Not to get off topic but it’s also why I take exception with everyone paying the same dues but the handling of membership extras get passed on to member services when only some members get the perks but we all pay. Think to when membership extra promotions have come out and there were hours long wait times.

I had tickets to upgrade and was told I was not eligible. The ticketing CM took my membership number and had to "verify" with DVC which then came back as no.

There is clearly a mix of incorrect information going around ticketing.

I had tickets to upgrade and was told I was not eligible. The ticketing CM took my membership number and had to "verify" with DVC which then came back as no.

There is clearly a mix of incorrect information going around ticketing.

So strange that we had such different experiences. We do have some direct points but not enough for a blue card. I did notice that our 50 direct contract is added on to my MDE profile under the membership and passes tab, maybe that makes a difference?

So strange that we had such different experiences. We do have some direct points but not enough for a blue card. I did notice that our 50 direct contract is added on to my MDE profile under the membership and passes tab, maybe that makes a difference?
When did you add on?

Huh, I guess you did get lucky. Did the CM tell you that they needed your membership number so they could send it to/Verify it with DVC?

Both asked for number, put on hold about five minutes, came back on and said you are eligible.

I just upgraded my son and DIL's 10 day PH's to Sorcerer's AP's by a return call promised by DVC on September 8th! The CM confirmed our son and DIL as owners on our direct contract, so it was quick and easy. She did confirm that they have to stop at either MS or at a ticket window to show their ID and blue card before they can activate their AP's and enter a park.

Both asked for number, put on hold about five minutes, came back on and said you are eligible.

The only thing to remember is that when you go to GS to activate, you may get told you need the blue card.

Obviously there are still success stories, but I do think those with white cards need to be prepared to be told they can’t activate if things change on the ticketing end.

I think it’s disappointing that things have not yet been adjusted to be consistent for owners, one way or the other.

The only thing to remember is that when you go to GS to activate, you may get told you need the blue card.

Obviously there are still success stories, but I do think those with white cards need to be prepared to be told they can’t activate if things change on the ticketing end.

I think it’s disappointing that things have not yet been adjusted to be consistent for owners, one way or the other.
At this point, from the conversation I had with the CM today, all new AP's will have to pass this final check with ID and blue card before entering a park. I would not want to be holding a white card at that point...

We have ten contracts, mostly resale, but have a direct in order that our son and DIL can have the ability to get DVC AP's. We got great deals on resales, but paid for that direct contract so they are covered until 2057.

It's probably already been established, but I did confirm the glitch with park reservations disappearing with upgrade has been resolved.

Ok, just as an update… we just stopped at ticketing at MK to upgrade the wife and daughter from tix to the sorcerer passes, showed our white DVC card, her ID.. five minutes and about $1000 lighter, they too were now sorcerer AP holders. She set us up with park reservations for today, so we took advantage of that to go in, grab some dinner, ride a couple rides, and pick up the must must must have Mickey balloon. It really looks like the only ones that might have an issue are those trying to do this over the phone… Ticketing at the parks clearly has no problem with it.

Agree. I think consistency either way would be ideal. I find Disney as a whole to be quite reasonable when there is a mistake made on their end and finding a proper replacement or substitution. This being a case where that may apply.

I was speaking to the “Blue Card Brigade” that gets offended whenever something like this happens and it becomes their life mission to bellyache about it. Seems some people thrive on it.
I think anyone who owns DVC and pays their dues should be entitled to perks like AP discounts, etc. They are carrying their share of the MF load just like I am.
Well said!

I asked for a call back from ticketing to upgrade my tickets to an AP. I was planning on upgrading it anyways, but I'll try to get the Sorcerer pass with my white card. If it works, great, and I'll also upgrade my husbands once we're at the park in November. If not, we'll keep his ticket and I'll pay to upgrade to the more expensive pass (can't keep track of the names)

Got my call back and was able to upgrade my 5 day hopper to the sorcerer's pass with no isses. I'm really hoping I won't have any issues when I activate it in November, and if that ends up being the case, we'll also upgrade my husbands tickets.

Thats what it showed me the other day, before some were seeing both, so clearly there is a glitch somewhere. We go down on Saturday, so I’m just going to go by one of the ticketing locations and see.. We’ve got tix for 4 park days, so I’m going to try and upgrade them then…

Hi were you able to upgrade and the Sorcerer's pass ? I bought mine a week or so ago in person and no issue and Guest Relations said all DVC members can buy it regardless of ownership.

I was speaking to the “Blue Card Brigade” that gets offended whenever something like this happens and it becomes their life mission to bellyache about it. Seems some people thrive on it.
I think anyone who owns DVC and pays their dues should be entitled to perks like AP discounts, etc. They are carrying their share of the MF load just like I am.

Well to be clear you should be slightly concerned as well even if you are white card member. Its just another instance of DVC having legal terms or disclosures that are completely ignored and marketing that is completely incorrect.

Also yours and others MFs have 0 to do with discounts/perks applied for Blue Card members. The money if any is exchanged to pay for perks comes from the premium direct points sell at. I doubt DVC pays the same if 5k vs 10k people end up buying a DVC AP so it does erode the budget DVC has to provide perks.

Now if Parks is doing this out of the goodness of their heart thats fine then it pivots to suggesting that DVC should replace the incentive with something new with whatever historical cost there was for the offering.

White card members (I was one) knew what the deal was when purchasing. If things change thats fine but Disney/DVC needs to be up front bout it instead of essentially lying in their disclosures. To that end also remove the Riviera restrictions as well while they are at it and roll everything back under the new leadership.

Last edited:
It seems some are getting upset about white cards getting the sorcerer, but it’s been well discussed that blue card bennies can go away at any time. In this case blues aren’t missing the bennies, but Disney (certain parts) are extending it to others.
Same thing. Blues were never guaranteed an advantage over whites.

It seems some are getting upset about white cards getting the sorcerer, but it’s been well discussed that blue card bennies can go away at any time. In this case blues aren’t missing the bennies, but Disney (certain parts) are extending it to others.
Same thing. Blues were never guaranteed an advantage over whites.

No you are completely missing the point. All the language everywhere states only blue cards should be getting the benefit. This is an issue with language in contracts, disclosures, marketing, and websites being incorrect leading to a incorrect assumption on what is or is not included for various memberships.

If you don't see an issue with that you are just wrong.

If Disney wants to give it to everyone then change the language, change the disclosure (has been updated I think at last count 5 times since the start of the pandemic still including AP as a benefit), change the website, change the marketing materials.

I see no difference between this and lock off premiums and incorrect point charts which lead to inflation of total points.

Also don't give me some line how DVC Sales and Disney Parks are two different companies so what one does is irrelevant to the other.

No you are completely missing the point. All the language everywhere states only blue cards should be getting the benefit. This is an issue with language in contracts, disclosures, marketing, and websites being incorrect leading to a incorrect assumption on what is or is not included for various memberships.

If you don't see an issue with that you are just wrong.

If Disney wants to give it to everyone then change the language, change the disclosure (has been updated I think at last count 5 times since the start of the pandemic still including AP as a benefit), change the website, change the marketing materials.

I see no difference between this and lock off premiums and incorrect point charts which lead to inflation of total points.

Also don't give me some line how DVC Sales and Disney Parks are two different companies so what one does is irrelevant to the other.
No, I’m not wrong. We may have a difference of opinion, but I’m not “wrong”. You are assuming blue card holders have permanent benefits over white cards. That’s not true.
The language can say whatever, but that does not mean they cannot change what they can or cannot do.
I feel badly for you if you bought direct simply for the perks. That has been discussed here more times than I can count.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter