Sorry for all the technical issues this week

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
Hi folks:

I just wanted to personally apologize to everyone for the myriad of technical issues we had last week. There were a few glitches when we switched over our servers that affected the feeds, and I was somewhere without internet most of New Years eve and was unable to upload the show - and when I was able to upload the show, there were problems between my notebook and the security system on the new servers. In fact, this past weekend I managed to blow up my sister-in-laws computer, completely whack-out the GPS system in my car (I was lost for 2 hours on the back roads of Newnan, GA at 1am in the middle of some freak, thick-as-pea-soup fog - the entire time screaming "I'm TOO GAY TO BE HERE") and somehow managed to screw up the settings on my IPhone so I couldn't send email. In short, I slipped into some kind of technical twilight zone when I crossed the border into Georgia.

But, that's all behind us now - the servers are up and running (knocking wood) the sites are all transferred, I'm back in the safe cocoon of my office, surrounded by all my technology - so thank you for your patience, and I'm looking forward to a great show next week!!

Pete

Glad you made it safely out of Georgia! " I'm too Gay to be here" has to be the funniest thing I have read in a while. :rotfl:

In fact, this past weekend I managed to blow up my sister-in-laws computer, completely whack-out the GPS system in my car (I was lost for 2 hours on the back roads of Newnan, GA at 1am in the middle of some freak, thick-as-pea-soup fog - the entire time screaming "I'm TOO GAY TO BE HERE") and somehow managed to screw up the settings on my IPhone so I couldn't send email. In short, I slipped into some kind of technical twilight zone when I crossed the border into Georgia.

Pete

FUNNY!

The GPS was protesting. It was like, "Pete, where are you going? I ain't havin' none of this. Take me back to Orlando."

Glad everything will be business as usual.

Okay, I'm cracking up right now!!! :lmao:

What a way to start the new year...oh well, things can only get better, right?

Hi folks:

I just wanted to personally apologize to everyone for the myriad of technical issues we had last week. There were a few glitches when we switched over our servers that affected the feeds, and I was somewhere without internet most of New Years eve and was unable to upload the show - and when I was able to upload the show, there were problems between my notebook and the security system on the new servers. In fact, this past weekend I managed to blow up my sister-in-laws computer, completely whack-out the GPS system in my car (I was lost for 2 hours on the back roads of Newnan, GA at 1am in the middle of some freak, thick-as-pea-soup fog - the entire time screaming "I'm TOO GAY TO BE HERE") and somehow managed to screw up the settings on my IPhone so I couldn't send email. In short, I slipped into some kind of technical twilight zone when I crossed the border into Georgia.

But, that's all behind us now - the servers are up and running (knocking wood) the sites are all transferred, I'm back in the safe cocoon of my office, surrounded by all my technology - so thank you for your patience, and I'm looking forward to a great show next week!!

Pete

Too Gay to be in Georgia? Why shouldn't happy people be in Georgia? ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: All is forgiven . . . even though I was starting to have Dis Unplugged withdrawals. :laughing:

:laughing:

This is why I love you guys. Instead of "we had issues - sorry" we get great, hysterical explanations like this with all kinds of visuals. Thanks for all your hard work and for the laughs. :thumbsup2

I'm sorry but that's hysterical.:rotfl2: Glad everything is ok now.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Now that is funny Pete, sorry to laugh at your misfortune!

Next weeks winner gest Petes SIL computer and GPS!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Glad you are safe! Happy New Year Pete!!

Oh Pete, 1 a.m. in rural Georgia, in a thick fog :scared1: I would have been waiting for some horrible fate to befall me in that situation. I've seen enough slasher movies to know I would be a prime target!! So glad you are safe!

I think you better find out if Mercury went retrograde on you or something! If my Garmin ever goes 101, I'm doomed!

Thanks for all the hard work you put into each and every show (and that goes for the rest of the PodSquad too).

Hi folks:
In fact, this past weekend I managed to blow up my sister-in-laws computer, completely whack-out the GPS system in my car (I was lost for 2 hours on the back roads of Newnan, GA at 1am in the middle of some freak, thick-as-pea-soup fog - the entire time screaming "I'm TOO GAY TO BE HERE") and somehow managed to screw up the settings on my IPhone so I couldn't send email. In short, I slipped into some kind of technical twilight zone when I crossed the border into Georgia.

This almost sounds like something Jack from Will and Grace would say / do.

Pretty funny.

Too bad you didn't have someone in the back seat to sing you the first few notes of "Dueling Banjos"...

bi-bi bing bing bing bing bing-bing-bing...

I once saw a phamplet for a canoe rental joint on the Chattooga River in GA that actually was trying to sell you a vacation there by touting "As Featured in the Movie 'Deliverance'" :scared1: !

Glad to see that you and everything is getting back on track :)
Apprecaite the efforts you and the team went to keeping this together over the festive period.
Think you've earned a cruise and a spa treatment :goodvibes

I love the explanation. :lmao:
In fact I would have been sneaking a read of this yesterday at work but when I arrived and plugged in my headset, there was this power surge, and it knocked out a UPS & took out 2 pieces of equipment - but just at my desk. :sad2: I had to share my space with a repairman for most of the day - no sneak-surfing for me! Fortunately I had loaded the podcast and finished listening at lunch so I still had something to laugh with. Ok that and the tinfoil hat my co-workers made for me.

Haha! Love it! No prob, Pete. Glad your back safe and sound in FL. Sometimes I feel too gay for Georgia too-- and I'm straight!!:)

Let's just hope that means that all of your negative issues for this year have already been dealt!

How could you get lost? What about Gay-dar??? Oh wait, that's for something else. :rotfl:

Just kidding! I live not far from the border with rural Georgia and thought your comments were hilarious. Glad you're back safe and sound.

Best wishes for a glitch-free 2008. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter