• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southampton ending in Ft. Lauderdale

4 mickey

4 MICKEY
Dear husband is looking at the 13 days dcl cruise in Oct 2024
departing out of Southampton to ft lauderdale
towards the end 6 days at sea :scared: wondering about those who have done so many days how was it ?
what seas to expect( I know you can never know really ) but usually calm seas ?
enough to do on those 6 days in a row of sea days ?
any feedback appreciated
thanks

Transatlantics cab have all types of weather and often the cruise is a lix of it. The past two Seprember ones had both at least such a stormy day pools were closed and people fell seasick and this year its even later…

I have done 4 straight sea days. Lots of trivia, lots of art classes, lots of extra tastings, lots of Palo bunches.

Never had an issue filling my time.

Are you good at entertaining yourself? Just in case none of the DCL options are your cup of tea? I read 6 books on my Transatlantic and loved the cooking class. I also watched Parent Trap a few times.

Last edited:

Are you good at entertaining yourself? Just in case none of the DCL options are your cub of tea? I read 6 books on my Transatlantic and loved the cooking class. I also watched Parent Trap a few times.
Yes I am ok with reading and such
I was wondering if they had enough entertainment/ activities..
And how want felt let’s say 5-6 days in a row of sea days

Yes I am ok with reading and such
I was wondering if they had enough entertainment/ activities..
And how want felt let’s say 5-6 days in a row of sea days
We have done 3 Panama Canal cruises. One had 9 sea days in a row due to the beginnings of Covid in early March, 2020. We always feel like we do not have enough time to do everything.

I’ve done several transatlantic cruises on DCL and I’ve never been bored.
They usually have special guest lecturers. I’ve met Ian Gooding who was the production designer for Moana and his lectures were fascinating. On another cruise, they had the historian for the Disney Family Museum and he explained how the museum came together.
So you can do anything from trivia and drawing classes to special lectures.
I love the sea days!

I've done Transatlantic both ways (and our Eastbound one we skipped a port due to weather so it was a good 7 days at sea). I've never once been bored and often we're trying to run from one activity to another. They have ballroom dance classes on the longer cruises. There's generally not a time when there isn't SOMETHING planned (except in port maybe).

I feel like when you do finally see land is when you first realize how long you've been at sea. And like someone said, the last WB had a couple of pretty rough days as we were skirting like 3 hurricanes in the Atlantic. But they do seem to keep the worst of the weather (if it can't be completely avoided) at night. We woke up once to see majorly bad weather behind us (and everything wet) but it turned out to be a pretty day. They're going to do what they can to keep the boat as steady as possible (like I said earlier, even if it means missing a port). That said, you're in the middle of the ocean, so sometimes there are waves.

I will say, though, I've done 2 TA's, crossed the North Sea, and done Pacific Coast, but the only time I've ever actually been seasick was around the Bahamas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter