Southwest Airlines flight schedule for December 2010 - Moved booking date

jetBlue will also issue credit if the fares go down. :)

This is good to know.

Two years ago gas prices were high and plane tickets predicted to go up. I booked ticket with USAIR for December trip in July. Price went down $148. Change fee was $150.

Jet Blue is one of my choices out of Maine. I am going to give them a try.

I definately will be booking day 1 when SW fares come out. I thought it was 6/15 but I am glad to know it's the 10th. I really just want a non-stop flight and will take the credit if the fare goes down. I am actually only one segment away from a free flight!

I read on another thread that Southwest was opening the reservations from October 3 - Jan. 7, 2011 on June 15?? Is this listed somewhere on the SW website?? :confused3 We are planning a Grand Gathering for December and don't want to miss out on the 1st day the tickets go on sale!!! TIA for any info :goodvibes

Go to southwest.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on travel tools listed under customer service, this will tell you the date they plan accepting reservations through Jan. 7, 2011, which is June 10th.

I have a question though, If the tickets I purchase for our vacation lower in price how does the credit work, do you get a credit for each ticket for each person listed or do you get a bulk credit that could be used for a single ticket at another time. I hope I made this clear enough. Thanks

I read on another thread that Southwest was opening the reservations from October 3 - Jan. 7, 2011 on June 15?? Is this listed somewhere on the SW website?? :confused3 We are planning a Grand Gathering for December and don't want to miss out on the 1st day the tickets go on sale!!! TIA for any info :goodvibes

Go to southwest.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on travel tools listed under customer service, this will tell you the date they plan accepting reservations through Jan. 7, 2011, which is June 10th.

I have a question though, If the tickets I purchase for our vacation lower in price how does the credit work, do you get a credit for each ticket for each person listed or do you get a bulk credit that could be used for a single ticket at another time. I hope I made this clear enough. Thanks

Keep checking the Southwest website. When this thread started, SW listed the release date as June 10th. I just checked last Thursday and it said the release date was June 15th. So, I checked again and it says June 10th again.

"On June 10, we will open our schedule for sale through January 7, 2011. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently. "

I guess they really do mean date is subject to change.

Britt54311......I do this constantly as I fly a lot and on our trips there are usually a few of us. You will get a credit for each person who has booked. This will be individually if you booked that way for each person who was issued a seperate confirmation number. If you booked say, 3 family members on the same confirmation number, you will get the "bulk" credit. Just be sure to keep the confirmation number that you have the credit for and also the name of the person who was booked. Without that conf #, you will have a hard time getting to use that credit.

Once you have the credit, you will need to use it within one year ( I believe). You can use the credit for other people as well. For example, DH and I had flights somewhere that I wound up with a credit for. I was able to apply that credit to a flight that I booked for my son. DH and I did not have to be the one to use that credit. I hope the info helps and I didn't confuse you! :wizard:

Thanks! That was the answer I was looking for, as I don't believe the rest of my party of 7 will fly again in the next year and I plan to go visit my sister in Nevada so I will just make the whole reservation under one confirmation # and I will just personally give them there credit back.:thumbsup2

Southwest has pushed this a few days, but I will keep checking starting the 10th. Froim their web page:

Now accepting reservations through November 5, 2010.

On June 15, we will open our schedule for sale through January 7, 2011. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Cant wait to see the December schedule.

Southwest has pushed this a few days, but I will keep checking starting the 10th. Froim their web page:

Now accepting reservations through November 5, 2010.

On June 15, we will open our schedule for sale through January 7, 2011. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Cant wait to see the December schedule.

Thanks for the update Don. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the update Don -

I'm flying JetBlue, but when Southwest's fares are released, mine usually go down ;)

I'll be monitoring my flights that day as well :surfweb:

I wish Southwest would make up their minds. They keep changing the date back and forth from June 10th to the 15th.

I'm flying JetBlue, but when Southwest's fares are released, mine usually go down ;)

Really?
I have looked at JetBlue rates for December. The fares are the same as the same flights in July.

Thanks Don.

I follow SWA on FB so they post it there too, when the new rates are released.

Does anyone know what time we can start buying tickets? 6am? 12am? 10am? Just curious as I want to jump on it.

I've had frequent flyer miles with AA for probably my last 5 trips to disney. But, I am now out of miles...not traveling like I used to. This is the first time I've had to pay in a long time...I'm not liking it :sad1:

RichAyers

Does anyone know what time we can start buying tickets? 6am? 12am? 10am? Just curious as I want to jump on it.

I've had frequent flyer miles with AA for probably my last 5 trips to disney. But, I am now out of miles...not traveling like I used to. This is the first time I've had to pay in a long time...I'm not liking it :sad1:

RichAyers

The last schedule opened up around Noon CST.

I thought I was the only one waiting to buy tickets.

I hope there a some left!

Are they released at noon?

The last schedule opened at noon Central Time - 1pm Eastern. I don't know if they have a set time they open the new schedule or not. I watch their Fan Page on Facebook for notice when the new schedule is up.

Looks like the new schedule won't be released until Next Tuesday according to their website.

You are definately NOT alone on waiting to buy tickets. Just when I was ready, they bumped the date back and have to wait 5 more days....ugg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter