Southwest Splendours

Msal

Earning My Ears
Hello, we are a family of 4. Son-5yo and daughter 10 yo. Would my five year old be able to do all the activities on this trip. ABD web site recommends 5+ for this tour. Any responses appreciated.

We took my 6 year old on this trip last summer. She was just weeks from turning 7. She was the youngest adventurer on the trip. I am not sure a 5 year old will make the hike to Delicate Arch, nor want to be stuck in the bus for 3 hours while the rest of the group hikes. She will not be allowed to go on the white water rafting(minimum age is 6). And on the edge of the Grand Canyon would scare me to death. I had my hands on all 4 of my kids, even the 19 year old! It is a great trip, and only you know your child. But I remarked when I was there that I was glad we had waited and not gone the summer before. Hope this helps.

We had a five year old boy on our trip last summer. He had 2 older brothers travelling with him. He had a blast, but he did not do the Delicate Arch hike. I don't remember if he went white water rafting or not--the rapids were very calm when we went (only a class 1/2--and that was mainly for the rocks underneath the waves, where a less experienced rafter could get stuck).

I agree with JenBadeaux--it depends on your child, but most of the activities are certainly manageable. The hardest thing would probably be the bus trip from Grand Canyon to Moab, which is a long day. As long as he could handle amusing himself on the bus and has pretty good stamina--he should do ok. (But there is really no time to nap during the day--except on the bus.)

Good luck!

Turtlemom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter