Souvenirs...Best place to buy? Going tomorrow.

Sabrinalynn

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have a suggestion for the best place to buy souvenirs? Are they any cheaper in Downtown Disney than in the Parks? We are going tomorrow, it's our first trip. Just curious.

If you have a Disney Club card or are on a AAA package you will get a discount at some of the stores in DTD. Even if you can't get a discount the world of disney store has the largest selection. You can find almost anything here.

If you have a car then the Beltz outlets are the cheapest, but the selection isn't very good.

World of Disney is in Downtown Disney. It is a huge store with 11(?) different rooms. You can't miss it.

World of Disney is located in the Marketplace of Downtown Disney, just before Pleasure Island.

Don't know the street names, but you can't miss it.

If you have a rental car and don't mind going a little out of your way, I would suggest Character Warehouse at Lake Buena Vista Outlets just off of 536, about 5 minutes from WDW. They sometimes have souveniers at incredible prices, reduced shirts, stuffed animals, etc. It can be hit or miss, but I always find at least one item I just have to have at a great price.

There is a Disney Outlet store located in the Premier Outlet Center in Lake Buena Vista right next to the Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine. (Right off of I-4). They usually have a good selection of marked down items.

In the past two days these are some of the items I've seen marked down. In EPCOT the Tapestry of Nations t-shirts are marked down to $9.99 and in DTD at the Gourmet Pantry the Gourmet Mickey dinner plates are marked down to $4.99. Also, at the Disney at Home store, the navy blue Pooh towels are marked down to $9.99. If you keep your eyes peeled you can find mark downs in unexpected places! :D :D :D

The Disney outlet stores are great but you have to watch the prices and quality. Last year we went to both outlet centers and found a ton of great stuff marked down. This year we didn't find much at all. YOu never know what they will have. I did notice they did have quite a few things that were the same price as the parks and downtown disney stores. We always go to the outlets after we have been to the parks a few days so we know what is being sold in the shops and how things are priced on that particular trip. I can usually then spot the good deals at the outlet stores. Good luck shopping!

Hands down, the Disney Character Warehouse at the Orlando Premium Outlets. The selection's about the same as the one at Belz, but the atmosphere is much more Disney than Warehouse. Plus the OPO stores are MUCH better than the Belz ones.

This store has the usual selection of, well, everything. Some of the past season stuff is deeply discounted, and you can find many great buys. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter