spa tip questions

gdulaney

<font color=deeppink>Another Konk Kooler please...
Help! This is a tipping question for spa "treatments"... how much do you normally tip? A percentage of the "treatment" cost? A flat amount?

Also, is it better to add the tip to the charge slip...or give cash (or phone cards or ???).

Thank you!
Ginny

I usually tip $20 for a service which lasts about an hour, regardless of the cost of that service. + or - $5 for excellent or poor service.

I always tip for spa services in cash. I've found if I add it to the charge slip, I can go overboard (no pun intended) without cause.

Interested to hear what other do ....

I am also interested because it doesn't seem that there is a set percentage to cover everything. I was told that to use the rainforest, you do not need to tip. I did the capsule in June, it was $42 plus I tipped $7. I felt very insecure about how much to tip. I am not a regular "spa" person. Actually, I felt it was too much.

I have no problems with tipping, I was a waitress and I worked very hard to earn my tips. But for this particular service, she put me in the capsule, put on the eye covering and headphones, left and came back 25 minutes later to get me out. She spent less than 5 minutes with me.

I just think how much more our asst. server (Ardi) did for us. The suggested amount per person for a 3-night is $8. I did tip him more than recommended of course.

If I had alot of money, I would tip way over the recommended. But we are both teachers and we have to save very carefully to go on vacations. We of course feel very fortunate to go.

Help us please!!! How much do others tip?

I should add I tip the $20 for someone who actually does something for the hour.

I am planning on trying the capsule .... $5 sound right to me for that.

I'm so glad that this is confusing for others!! I thought it was just me.

I agree...if they don't do much (like with the capsule)...then a lower tip. I like the "cash" idea...I think I'd go overboard too... (trying to calculate a percentage would be difficult for my newly relaxed brain...it would be too much like work).

Does anybody else have any suggestions?

Thanks!!
Ginny

We tip 20 percent for the hands on services and less for something like the surial bath where they don't actually administer the treatment (and of course, no tip is necessary for the Rainforest, since that is totally self-service).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I do exactly what Barb does...tip 20% for the hands on services and less for those where the spa attendant does not do any actual work on you. :)

Count me in on what Barb does as well. And here's a great tip--before you start the treatment, figure out what 20% is, and write it on a slip of paper and put it in your pocket. That way when you get done you don't have to think--just glance at your little cheat sheet LOL!

Anne

Great idea, Anne!
I'm not good at math even at the best of times, and being under the influence of heavy endorphins released by a massage definitely doesn't enhance my skills.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

That is a great idea!! After the seaweed wrap I wasn't able to do anything but smile and slither back to meet my husband to play bingo. I was walking on air!!!

Thank you for all the great tip tips!! :p

Ginny

ps- Barb, you were 100% right about the seaweed wrap!! It was wonderful!!!! Do you have any other suggestions or recommended treatments??

Ginny, the Elemis Absolute Face & Body Treatment is the ultimate, in my book. :) I know Barb has done it too and loves it as well.

Michelle,

Thank you for the quick response. What exactly is that? (What do they do?)

Does it include a massage? (full, 1/2, help!!)

I'm such a spa newbie!!

Thank you again!
Ginny

Ohhh, it's awesome. :) It's an hour and 45 minutes long and includes a full massage plus an amazing facial. You definitely have to get poured out of the room when you're done. ;)

I usually tip 20% if I like the person and less if they are not very friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter