Space 220 Lounge Vs Restaurant

TheyCallMeStacey

Mouseketeer
I am wondering if there's any big difference between the 2 in terms of atmosphere (unintended space pun). I know the menus are different but didn't know if the seating is better one vs the other. Any help would be much appreciate!

I am wondering if there's any big difference between the 2 in terms of atmosphere (unintended space pun). I know the menus are different but didn't know if the seating is better one vs the other. Any help would be much appreciate!

Same big room but the lounge is elevated about 3 feet. I ate in the restaurant part and actually would be happy being higher up in the lounge area.

We ate in the lounge last month, and as previously posted, it's one big room with the lounge area elevated above the restaurant seating. The view from the lounge is much better than from the restaurant because you can see all the "windows." I think the closer to the windows the table would be (in the restaurant area), the more difficult the view. If we eat there again, we'll try to book the lounge for both the view and for the fact of being able to choose from the bar menu vs. the prix fixe restaurant menu. We had the prix fixe last month and enjoyed the food - to us, it was Disney restaurant quality food at Disney restaurant prices, so we'll return, but it's not a must-do-every-trip place to eat.

We ate in the lounge and hardly noticed where the lounge ends And the restaurant begins. The elevator ride is pretty neat as is the short walk to the restaurant. Except for the screens which are fun, we found the decor in the lounge and restaurant pretty bland

I enjoyed Space because it was a quiet place to sit and have a drink and some apps.
We ate in lounge and was able to chose between the lounge and restaurant menu.
Liked to lounge, it was elevated and we saw everything, which, honestly isn't much.
Would I go back again, yes, but because I can get away from the crowds and have a nice relaxing drink.
If I could only get a ressie for the restaurant, I wouldn't book it but my kids are no longer small.
The atmosphere was really just a screen but I'm sure kids will like it.

I would chose the long for the benefit of everyone in my party not going to do the pre fixe, but we will be a party of 5 and I heard that's not working out for lounge reservations. Has any one here had success booking an odd number for the lounge?

I would chose the long for the benefit of everyone in my party not going to do the pre fixe, but we will be a party of 5 and I heard that's not working out for lounge reservations. Has any one here had success booking an odd number for the lounge?
We had lunch in the lounge last month, and most of the tables around us were either 2- or 4-tops. There were some 6-tops across the aisle from us, but I'm not sure whether they were part of the lounge or the restaurant. In any case, if you try for a party of 5 and are unsuccessful, try for a party of 6 - the Disney ADR system doesn't like odd numbers. If you book for 6 and show up with 5, there's no penalty at all.

We had lunch in the lounge last month, and most of the tables around us were either 2- or 4-tops. There were some 6-tops across the aisle from us, but I'm not sure whether they were part of the lounge or the restaurant. In any case, if you try for a party of 5 and are unsuccessful, try for a party of 6 - the Disney ADR system doesn't like odd numbers. If you book for 6 and show up with 5, there's no penalty at all.
VERY good advice! Thank you!

I think the lounge is all 2 and 4 tops. You could make 2 reservations though, one for 2 and one for 3.

Are kids allowed at the lounge?
Yes, they are. They are not allowed at the bar though, but that's walk-up only, no reservations.

Last edited:
If you are in the lounge do you have to order food or can you just do drinks? Thanks!
You can just do drinks. That’s why we’ll book the lounge in future - assuming they don’t change anything (big assumption, I know), you can do drinks only, lounge food, or restaurant prix fixe. Freedom!

I think the lounge is all 2 and 4 tops. You could make 2 reservations though, one for 2 and one for 3.

Yes, they are. They are not allowed at the bar though, but that's walk-up only, no reservations.

Lounge is now reservation only; book early if it’s your checkout day. I saw no reservations for 3, 4 or 5 even on 60+7.

Our April flight got moved 7 hrs but we were able to move them back to the pm but still lost 3 park hours which now conflicts with ADRs, but now we will only have 2.5 hrs in the park.

I had a lounge reservation for 1 last week and they sat me at the bar, which kind of stunk. You're facing the wrong way for the atmosphere. At least the food and cocktails were good.

I had a lounge reservation for 1 last week and they sat me at the bar, which kind of stunk. You're facing the wrong way for the atmosphere. At least the food and cocktails were good.
Weird. I wonder if they were overbooked? I know the day we had a reservation to drop, they were kind of relieved because they were overbooked. Maybe that's their solution when they're overbooked - use the bar. Kind of crappy though if that wasn't what you were expecting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter